The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:15 am 
Stone's Bitch

All Wishful Thinking Native Americans Post 1492 wrote:
Axes and guns are pretty much the same thing.

Broken Tamborine

Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?

Stone's Bitch

theplatypus wrote:
I love how this thread morphed into a circumcision debate.

Listen, I'm uncircumcised, and my dick is awesome.

Somebody's hammered.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:18 am 
Commissioner

IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:18 am 
Future Drummer

theplatypus wrote:

Pics or GTFO.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:20 am 
Commissioner

theplatypus wrote:

Not for long, buddy...

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:22 am 
Broken Tamborine

Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?

Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:27 am 
Commissioner

IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

Serious question:

Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.

How proud of yourself were you when you figured out you could replace the "ati" at the end of "Illuminati" with "Eddie" and start an account on a Pearl Jam message board? That's gotta be a big enough achievement to get you through the roughest of days, yeah?

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:29 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

Serious question:

How proud of yourself were you when you figured out you could replace the "ati" at the end of "Illuminati" with "Eddie" and start an account on a Pearl Jam message board? That's gotta be a big enough achievement to get you through the roughest of days, yeah?

because Illumcready didnt quite sound right?

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:30 am 
Broken Tamborine

Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

Serious question:

Probably like getting a bulls-eye in this game:

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:32 am 
tl;dr

doug rr wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ed has always been a guy with a well-meaning humanitarian streak that he has absolutely no gift for expressing in a public forum. This is nothing new, nor is my inclination to ignore it.

I read that as a Monk quote

The high priest registering his true feelings on Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:34 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Kevin Davis wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ed has always been a guy with a well-meaning humanitarian streak that he has absolutely no gift for expressing in a public forum. This is nothing new, nor is my inclination to ignore it.

I read that as a Monk quote

The high priest registering his true feelings on Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis.

now I want to listen to Lookin at Monk

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:35 am 
Broken Tamborine

Tj wrote:
So Eddie can be anti gun, but he almost wishes bad things would happen to gun owners. I may be done I love the new album. I may never listen to the music that has meant so much to me again. I am sad really fucking sad. I have a album coming from the Ten club that I may give away. This is really screwed up. I want insight, and again it is not a difference of pro gun or anti gun that has me bothered. It is the "I almost wish bad things would happen to them" comment. I feel like I really lost something today.

It's a pretty disgusting comment from Ed. I don't agree with him on anything politically but I'd like to think he's not actively wishing harm on people who don't share his take on things. The "almost" qualifier is total bullshit. We know what's crossed his mind there. This coupled with LB being a massive piece of shit has made it a rough week for this PJ fan.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:35 am 
Banned from the Pit

doug rr wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

Serious question:

Also, IlluminJam is a great cream to use after circumcision.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:37 am 
Commissioner

doug rr wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

Serious question:

I like to think there's a One Direction notepad next to his nightstand with names like "RonPaulJam," "WashedInBlackHelicoptors," "I Am MAyn," and "Nati For You" crossed out before "IlluminEddie" is circled and starred.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:39 am 
Broken Tamborine

darthvedder81 wrote:
Tj wrote:
So Eddie can be anti gun, but he almost wishes bad things would happen to gun owners. I may be done I love the new album. I may never listen to the music that has meant so much to me again. I am sad really fucking sad. I have a album coming from the Ten club that I may give away. This is really screwed up. I want insight, and again it is not a difference of pro gun or anti gun that has me bothered. It is the "I almost wish bad things would happen to them" comment. I feel like I really lost something today.

It's a pretty disgusting comment from Ed. I don't agree with him on anything politically but I'd like to think he's not actively wishing harm on people who don't share his take on things. The "almost" qualifier is total bullshit. We know what's crossed his mind there. This coupled with LB being a massive piece of shit has made it a rough week for this PJ fan.

Honestly, I think his comments on how (paraphrasing) "In the future, we'll be able to take people who are religious (may have said fanatics) and brainwash them out of it"... was kinda worse. I mean, who's the judge? Ed? lol

He'd prolly judge a lapsed Catholic as a "too religious" and needing brainwashing.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:39 am 
Broken Tamborine

Lament wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

Serious question:

I like to think there's a One Direction notepad next to his nightstand with names like "RonPaulJam," "WashedInBlackHelicoptors," "I Am MAyn," and "Nati For You" crossed out before "IlluminEddie" is circled and starred.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:41 am 
Broken Tamborine

IlluminEddie wrote:
darthvedder81 wrote:
Tj wrote:

Honestly, I think his comments on how (paraphrasing) "In the future, we'll be able to take people who are religious (may have said fanatics) and brainwash them out of it"... was kinda worse. I mean, who's the judge? Ed? lol

He'd prolly judge a lapsed Catholic as a "too religious" and needing brainwashing.

Yeah that was also pretty horrible but not as bad as wishing violent death on people he doesn't agree with politically.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:44 am 
Stone's Bitch

darthvedder81 wrote:
Tj wrote:

It's really been a tough day on all of us gents. The disappointment in what one Eddie Vedder has to say about guns has really caused all of us to wonder if we should spend quite as much time on our Eddie Vedder related avatars as we normally might have.

Pearl jam? More like Pearl Harbor.

PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:46 am 
A Return To Form

I do have to say that someone who slings hatchets as a hobby should at least have some understanding of the joy of hunting or using other lethal objects for sport, Even if it is just target practice.

First they came for automatic guns, and I said nothing.
Then they came for our semi automatic guns, and still I did not speak up.
Then they came for our handguns, and again I looked away.
Once they came for our professional bows, I just mumbled under my breath.
Then they came for our super soakers filled with acid, and I said nothing.
When they took away everyone yielding double Katanas, I again stayed silent.
Then they came for our tasers, and I hid quietly in my treehouse.
And then when they came for our throwing hatchets, nobody was left to speak for us. With the exception of the butter knife wielding albinos, but I know they will be next.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam