The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

No Code: Lets Rate It!
5 Stars: One of the best 65%  65%  [ 90 ]
4 Stars: Very good 29%  29%  [ 40 ]
3 Stars: Average 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
2 Stars: Meh 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
1 Star: Sucks 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 139
 Post subject: Re: No Code: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 2:38 pm 
Rank This Poster

I should put this one on tonight, I mentioned in the Rank the Albums thread that I should do a full catalog listen, as there's some albums I feel like I haven't listened to in full in a long time. There's been times when this has been my favorite PJ record, and it's still the one I have the most active conversation, for lack of a better term, with (even though I haven't spun it in a while). The other 90s records are fantastic, but I've long since felt pretty set about them, and they feel a bit encased behind glass for me, with my memories of them and opinions on them pretty set. No Code's never been like that for me - it's always felt like an album I'm still trying to figure out.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 3:41 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

digster wrote:
I should put this one on tonight, I mentioned in the Rank the Albums thread that I should do a full catalog listen, as there's some albums I feel like I haven't listened to in full in a long time. There's been times when this has been my favorite PJ record, and it's still the one I have the most active conversation, for lack of a better term, with (even though I haven't spun it in a while). The other 90s records are fantastic, but I've long since felt pretty set about them, and they feel a bit encased behind glass for me, with my memories of them and opinions on them pretty set. No Code's never been like that for me - it's always felt like an album I'm still trying to figure out.

You can’t find the code.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 4:03 pm 
Rank This Poster

I can't say they didn't warn me.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 5:57 pm 
AnalLog

I had this album in my work music rotation several months ago, and it settled quite firmly into my top three of the band's albums (you can probably guess the other two). In the past it's usually ebbed and flowed with Vitalogy, but lately this is much closer to my head and heart spaces. Even what I would've once called the weaker links ("Lukin," "Who You Are," some of "Off He Goes") became essential listening. Perhaps it all goes with general Pearl Jam renaissance I've been having these last several years.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 8:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Oh man, Who You Are and Off He Goes were two of my initial favorites from NC.

Hail Hail might be my favorite song from them, and In My Tree isn't far behind. This album really hit me when I was revisiting it before Binaural. It hit me then, and has remained my favorite since. Generally speaking, NC, Vitalogy, Binaural and Yield tend to stay fixed in my top 4.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam