The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:06 pm 
Future Drummer

I could understand if it was Chris's close family member who died, and Chris needed Eddie there to support him and Eddie didn't go maybe. But is Eddie closer to Chris's family than other people there?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:13 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
My best friend's girlfriend's roommate is apparently dating a Pearl Jam fan club member. And based on the stories I heard about him last night, I'm ashamed to be in any fucking club with him. Pearl Jam fans are the worst.

haha. i'd love to hear some details on this

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

From what I can understand, if you sort through all the bullshit, is that Lily has been close to the Vedder family, the daughters and everything. When Ed's wife called her and told her that they wouldn't be coming, she was very sad, and cried herself to sleep. This sent the crazy grandmother into a twitter tirade, which at first included something about the wife of Chris and Ed having a fight at some point in the past. She then deleted the tweets about Ed's wife.

So you can say that we don't know enough. You can say that we shouldn't judge. You can say that everyone grieves in different ways. But you can not conclude that they were not close, or that Cornell's daughter shouldn't be sad about them not coming.

Besides, we shouldn't judge. We don't know enough, and we never will. Everyone does grieve in different ways. We will hear from Ed and Pearl Jam when they are ready.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:25 pm 
Poster of the Year

It's quite possible that Ed is a dick.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:25 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Maybe Cornell isn't really dead. Surprise guest at next Eddie solo show perhaps?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:39 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
Maybe Cornell isn't really dead. Surprise guest at next Eddie solo show perhaps?

Ed with special guest "rotating cardboard cut out"

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:23 am 
Gone

BurtReynolds wrote:

That's already been slotted for Theo Epstein

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:32 am 
mXn

Someone help me think of a sports analogy here to compare to the Ed/Chris relationship.

Two guys from the same area, same age, maybe played a couple games together on the same team before one of them got traded ... went their separate ways to have great careers and may have had some common well-known teammates (Matt Cameron). But that's the extent of their connection.

Then later on they end up back in the same league/conference and play in an All Star game together before retiring.

The best I can come up with off the top of my head is Ken Griffey Jr. and Alex Rodriguez. Not nearly the situation I described above but sorta close. Young stars that briefly played together but aren't linked forever as teammates.

Would Ken Griffey Jr. attend A-Rod's funeral?

I don't think Ed and Chris were as buddy-buddy as people want them to be.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:49 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Not something I have searched for before, but when I googled this story yesterday, it included several shots of the Vedder girls and Lily Cornell together. Like I said earlier, you can't conclude that they weren't close, and you certainly can't base it on the amount of music the guys played together.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 am 
Future Drummer

Bammer wrote:
Someone help me think of a sports analogy here to compare to the Ed/Chris relationship.

Two guys from the same area, same age, maybe played a couple games together on the same team before one of them got traded ... went their separate ways to have great careers and may have had some common well-known teammates (Matt Cameron). But that's the extent of their connection.

Then later on they end up back in the same league/conference and play in an All Star game together before retiring.

The best I can come up with off the top of my head is Ken Griffey Jr. and Alex Rodriguez. Not nearly the situation I described above but sorta close. Young stars that briefly played together but aren't linked forever as teammates.

Surely the fact that Cornells MIL is this upset about the whole at all thing implies they're closer than two dudes who played some music together once. She's clearly met him, how many people know old acquaintances in laws?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

stupidmop wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Surely the fact that Cornells MIL is this upset about the whole at all thing implies they're closer than two dudes who played some music together once. She's clearly met him, how many people know old acquaintances in laws?

Absolutely. She is only doing harm, not any good.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:52 am 
Future Drummer

Anders wrote:
stupidmop wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Absolutely. She is only doing harm, not any good.

I edited but then got quoted so now this looks strange! But yes, MIL airing her grievances on twitter where a)her granddaughters could see and b) Eddie, who is apparently the one she is mad at, wouldn't see since he doesn't even have a twitter, is not a good look.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:10 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Ed with special guest "rotating cardboard cut out"

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:16 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Uhhh, so this thread went from mocking the Pit's stupid attention to Eddie/funeral drama ... to basically doing the exact same thing previously mocked.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The problem with the pit is the heavy moderating and the superfans that can never see anything wrong. Not if they have had a serious discussion about ongoing events. If they did, it is all gone from being moderated away anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:08 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Anders wrote:
The problem with the pit is the heavy moderating and the superfans that can never see anything wrong. Not if they have had a serious discussion about ongoing events. If they did, it is all gone from being moderated away anyway.

The problem with the Pit is that it consists 100% of people who willingly pay to be in a Pearl Jam fanclub, so it's all a bunch of kooky weirdos

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:08 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Instead of normal people, like us!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:36 pm 
mXn

Captain Termite wrote:
Uhhh, so this thread went from mocking the Pit's stupid attention to Eddie/funeral drama ... to basically doing the exact same thing previously mocked.

Good point. Thank you.

Let's retire the funeral narrative here and save this thread for specific examples of Jamily Gone Wild.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:55 pm 
Future Drummer

Last edited by hlniv on Mon May 29, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:56 pm 
Future Drummer

hlniv wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Captain Termite wrote:

Good point. Thank you.

Let's retire the funeral narrative here and save this thread for specific examples of Jamily Gone Wild.

ITT: Jamily Gone Wild
:haha:

Someone post a picture of ocean waves and the cubs with a bro meme and a stickman tattoo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 54  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam