The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:42 am 
mXn

So I’m on a walk through the neighborhood with my kids today and I notice the following doormat on this guy’s front porch:

If you’re pizza delivery
or Eddie Vedder
I’M HOME

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:50 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Bammer wrote:
So I’m on a walk through the neighborhood with my kids today and I notice the following doormat on this guy’s front porch:

If you’re pizza delivery
or Eddie Vedder
I’M HOME

Lolz

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:10 am 

This is more appropriate in this thread

PHATJ wrote:
Pearl Jam fans are dumb.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Well, they're not that far off.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
Wishlist Foundation is “hiring”:

We are looking for a creative thinker who can execute marketing initiatives from the ground up. While concentrating on developing our online strategy, this position involves developing content creation and marketing initiatives across all platforms.

Unpaid volunteer. Approximately 20 hrs a week; more during Pearl Jam tour season.

= RESPONSIBILITIES =
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, bench-marking, messaging, and audience identification
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML)
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
- Create and maintain organization social media pages and profiles
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on organization and community policies
- Utilize and manage social media marketing plan and editorial calendar
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Collaborate with team to manage organization reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach

= QUALIFICATIONS =
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Knowledge of project management and web design best practices
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills

is it legal to have a 20 hr a week unpaid volunteer?

jesus christ

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:32 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
OmegaprimeVKM wrote:
Joined a international Pearl Jam group chat on Kik recently, and started talking about how I didn't think the new album was amazing but was ok. Mentioned how I like some of the new tracks and that others were too dull, dreary and felt like derivations and retreads, particularly that Vedder seems to be less interesting / questioned if he has run his course as a creative output for the band these days compared to Ament or McCready tracks.

I put my phone down and woke up the next day that they booted me from the group because I was rude and offensive.

They referred to themselves as 'Jamily'.

:arrow:

You have a home with us here at RM.

yes, welcome

quench your thirst

you are with friends now

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 am 
Future Drummer

OmegaprimeVKM wrote:
Joined a international Pearl Jam group chat on Kik recently, and started talking about how I didn't think the new album was amazing but was ok. Mentioned how I like some of the new tracks and that others were too dull, dreary and felt like derivations and retreads, particularly that Vedder seems to be less interesting / questioned if he has run his course as a creative output for the band these days compared to Ament or McCready tracks.

I put my phone down and woke up the next day that they booted me from the group because I was rude and offensive.

I had the same exact thing happen to me when I randomly posted on a Led Zeppelin tracker that I didn't like Jimmy Page's new remasters - and on a Pink Floyd tracker when I uploaded something that sounded better than what a senior member had uploaded. There are also a lot of music forums where saying that you don't like the new Beatles remixes will get you instantly banished. So this kind of slavish devotion and severe mental retardation is not only limited to Pearl Jam fans.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:54 am 

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
OmegaprimeVKM wrote:

I had the same exact thing happen to me when I randomly posted on a Led Zeppelin tracker that I didn't like Jimmy Page's new remasters - and on a Pink Floyd tracker when I uploaded something that sounded better than what a senior member had uploaded. There are also a lot of music forums where saying that you don't like the new Beatles remixes will get you instantly banished. So this kind of slavish devotion and severe mental retardation is not only limited to Pearl Jam fans.

I chuckled

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:36 pm 
mXn

PHATJ wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
OmegaprimeVKM wrote:

I chuckled

Yeah, I mean, you dig deep enough this culture exists for pretty much everything. Any specific band, car model, soda, type of apple ... literally anything ... there are crazies.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:53 pm 
Future Drummer

Right, and they all use the same excuses to get rid of people who dissent.

"Jimmy Page scorued his tape vault and worked his ass off on those remasters. Show some respect."

Forget that it's the 4th time he remastered the catalog and every time it's from "newly discovered master tapes".

Suckers. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

The Beatles too. I remember for the longest time their CD's were twice the cost of everyone else's.

I'm sure they all desperately need our money.

But if people are more than happy to fork it over, they probably deserve it.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:11 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

when Tom Morello went back in to RATM's Ghost of Tom Joad and added those stupid additional sounds it totally ruined the song

he mentioned in an interview he felt like he was doing what page had done to the zep remasters

yes - you ruined them

and now it is fucking impossible to find the original version online

i need to find the CD buried in my basement somewhere

assholes

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:14 am 
mXn

96583UP wrote:
when Tom Morello went back in to RATM's Ghost of Tom Joad and added those stupid additional sounds it totally ruined the song

he mentioned in an interview he felt like he was doing what page had done to the zep remasters

yes - you ruined them

and now it is fucking impossible to find the original version online

i need to find the CD buried in my basement somewhere

assholes

Bro I’d totally PM you the mp3 ...

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:30 am 
mXn

Bammer wrote:

If you’re pizza delivery
or Eddie Vedder
I’M HOME

I heard the guy calling his dog today. The fucking dog is named Riot.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:35 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

If you’re pizza delivery
or Eddie Vedder
I’M HOME

surprised he hasn't PMed you yet on this board

but maybe he is a pit person

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:23 am 
mXn

96583UP wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

If you’re pizza delivery
or Eddie Vedder
I’M HOME

surprised he hasn't PMed you yet on this board

but maybe he is a pit person

Obviously he’s gotta be a pit guy but damn if he ever lands on this page I will be embarrassed AF

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:21 pm 
AnalLog

I'm sure somebody on here has addressed it, but can we add to this list any person who names their child Vedder. Apologies to any of you who have already made this incredibly embarrassing decision for your child. :haha:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:54 pm 
A Return To Form

guitar_davey wrote:
I'm sure somebody on here has addressed it, but can we add to this list any person who names their child Vedder. Apologies to any of you who have already made this incredibly embarrassing decision for your child. :haha:

It's so sad. It implies they may be or may be not, the real father of the child. :shake: :thumbsdown:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 5:28 pm 
Broken Tamborine

guitar_davey wrote:

What about dogs? I jokingly told my wife that whenever we get another dog we are naming it Vedder and she LOVES the name for a dog. I fear she may take me up on it...

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:03 pm 
AnalLog

GreenMosquito1996 wrote:
guitar_davey wrote:

It's so sad. It implies they may be or may be not, the real father of the child. :shake: :thumbsdown:

Some fucking freak who claims I fathered, by rape, her own son.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:03 pm 
AnalLog

DissidentRival4 wrote:
guitar_davey wrote:

What about dogs? I jokingly told my wife that whenever we get another dog we are naming it Vedder and she LOVES the name for a dog. I fear she may take me up on it...

Well, at least you've got each other! :haha:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam