The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 8:45 pm 
Poster of the Year

the answer is clear: stop caring about pearl jam

PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 8:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:

PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 8:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
the answer is clear: stop caring about pearl jam

Except in the context of a series of concerts played in Mansfield, MA from 15-18 years ago. :arrow:

PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 10:09 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:

The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.

PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 12:48 pm 
Major Dude

I blame Johnny.

PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 5:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:

The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.

were you at the Dallas '03 show?

PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:11 pm 
A Return To Form

stompbox wrote:
I spent about a week in Seattle for the shows. All around town, all week long dorks were out in full force wearing PJ gear. I saw a lot of people busting out their best gears too PJ backpacks, socks, vintage shirts from 1993.... all of it. Usually more than one item PJ hat and shirt at once. My favorites were people who bought merch early in the week, before the shows, and were walking around in their new merch. When two would come across each other:

1- “hey, PJ shirt huh? Are you going to the shows?”
2- “yeah, can’t wait”
1- “ one or both shows?”
2- “both!!!!”
1- “ yeah me too, are you GA?”
2- “ yeah!!!”
1- “me too.... well, have a great show”

Repeat 1000 times. I don’t get it, and quite frankly embarrassed to be in a city with so much culture and so much to do than to spend my entire days talking about PJ and standing out as a tourist. Then I see the Pit has a T-shirt planning thread for Chicago:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussi ... ley#latest

Not to mention all the people that need to wear PJ shirts and gear to the concert.

I drove up for the show Friday, and stayed around Seattle on Saturday. I couldn't believe how many people were wearing PJ shirts/hats.

Even worse was the amount of shirts at the show. The worst were either the personalized Mariners/Cubs jerseys or these things:

PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:15 pm 
The Master

50 Million Feet of Earth... wrote:
stompbox wrote:
I spent about a week in Seattle for the shows. All around town, all week long dorks were out in full force wearing PJ gear. I saw a lot of people busting out their best gears too PJ backpacks, socks, vintage shirts from 1993.... all of it. Usually more than one item PJ hat and shirt at once. My favorites were people who bought merch early in the week, before the shows, and were walking around in their new merch. When two would come across each other:

1- “hey, PJ shirt huh? Are you going to the shows?”
2- “yeah, can’t wait”
1- “ one or both shows?”
2- “both!!!!”
1- “ yeah me too, are you GA?”
2- “ yeah!!!”
1- “me too.... well, have a great show”

Repeat 1000 times. I don’t get it, and quite frankly embarrassed to be in a city with so much culture and so much to do than to spend my entire days talking about PJ and standing out as a tourist. Then I see the Pit has a T-shirt planning thread for Chicago:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussi ... ley#latest

Not to mention all the people that need to wear PJ shirts and gear to the concert.

I drove up for the show Friday, and stayed around Seattle on Saturday. I couldn't believe how many people were wearing PJ shirts/hats.

Even worse was the amount of shirts at the show. The worst were either the personalized Mariners/Cubs jerseys or these things:

I saw probably a dozen variations of this shirt around Chicago this weekend. Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:28 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:

The very one

PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:

The very one

Hey me too!

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 12:48 am 
Future Drummer

bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:

The very one

Hey me too!

I was gonna ask the same thing... I was there..

The WMD joke was lame, but Bush did live there, which is most likely why the band didn't return afterwards for a decade! All the Dallas shows 1993 through 2003 were very memorable and had great crowds...

There's really no reason to like big D, though!

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 12:50 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

my sis lives there, so gonna go visit next month. have only spent a collective ~48 hours in dallas in my life

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 12:54 am 
Future Drummer

bodysnatcher wrote:
my sis lives there, so gonna go visit next month. have only spent a collective ~48 hours in dallas in my life

I lived there for 35 years! still have to go there to see family about once per year, although after my time there this summer, I proclaimed never again.

Dallas is all about commerce, who can have the biggest home, the biggest tits, the nicest Lexus suv, etc... just a lot of zombies living to work.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 4:10 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Dallas is so far removed from the Texas I’m familiar with.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 4:42 am 
Future Drummer

washing machine wrote:
Dallas is so far removed from the Texas I’m familiar with.

yeah, but Houston sucks, too!

West of Austin... Lake Travis, the TX Hill Country... that's where it's at.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 8:25 am 
Broken Tamborine

I'm pretty on the fence about wearing Pearl Jam t-shirts. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, but we all need a t-shirt on right? Reminds me of the colours debate in sports. I don't tend to wear them anymore but have been tempted to start doing it again just to get at the casual, danny dyer wannabe, "if you're working class you vote Tory" twats.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 1:41 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Iholdthepain wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:

The very one

Hey me too!

The WMD joke was lame, but Bush did live there, which is most likely why the band didn't return afterwards for a decade! All the Dallas shows 1993 through 2003 were very memorable and had great crowds...

The WMD joke was lame, but tons of people looked under their seats when he said it.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 1:45 am 
A Return To Form

dad wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:

The very one

Hey me too!

The WMD joke was lame, but tons of people looked under their seats when he said it.

I was at this show too. My third. I hadn't heard Alive live yet, and bam! Opener. That was cool.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 1:57 am 
10Club Complaint Department

RAG319 wrote:
dad wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:

The very one

Hey me too!

I was at this show too. My third. I hadn't heard Alive live yet, and bam! Opener. That was cool.

The thing I remember about this show was the dude who wore a hat with scrolling LEDs, and he programmed it so he could type song requests. He kept trying to get the band to play Sleight of Hand for a while. It was great. They didn’t play it, but it was still great.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:07 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Want:

http://www.subliworks.com/pearl-jam-photo-collage-t-shirt/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIisDeo8j_3AIVkYZpCh1IJAoxEAkYASABEgImYPD_BwE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 54  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam