Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: The Essential Pearl Jam

Tue September 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
stip wrote:I'm gonna buy it no matter what because, well, I'm an idiot. But if they even had something as basic as a few remixed S/T tracks I'll gladly be all over it

i dont remember, but is this definitely a sony project?
i would love some remixed S/T songs, but PJ would have to be willing to work with sony on it for it to happen.

Yeah, it's definitely a Sony project, they have a whole bunch of these "The Essential (band/artist)" CD compilations.

J Records, who released S/T, are owned by Sony so I presume that isn't a hassle. The band essentially self-released Backspacer, I guess they could just licence The Fixer and Just Breathe (for instance) to Sony for this project if they wanted to.

i forgot they used j records for S/T
i kinda hope they do take part in it so it might be something worth while, i think it was already mentioned, but it could be what CC and LiR were planned to be included on

Tue September 17, 2013 2:02 pm

amazon already changed it....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3A ... =pearl+jam

Tue September 17, 2013 3:01 pm

joostone wrote:amazon already changed it....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3A ... =pearl+jam

That makes more sense. Just re-packaging the existing GH album, already licensed to Sony, under their "The Essential" series.

Tue September 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Well, i guess that's that

Tue September 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
stip wrote:I'm gonna buy it no matter what because, well, I'm an idiot. But if they even had something as basic as a few remixed S/T tracks I'll gladly be all over it

i dont remember, but is this definitely a sony project?
i would love some remixed S/T songs, but PJ would have to be willing to work with sony on it for it to happen.

Yeah, it's definitely a Sony project, they have a whole bunch of these "The Essential (band/artist)" CD compilations.

J Records, who released S/T, are owned by Sony so I presume that isn't a hassle. The band essentially self-released Backspacer, I guess they could just licence The Fixer and Just Breathe (for instance) to Sony for this project if they wanted to.

Didn't J just distriubute it? This would take any ownership of the recordings from Sony i believe.

This series tends to be on the good side of mastering. I think Vic Anesini does many of those.

Wed September 18, 2013 2:16 am

Birds in Hell wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I never thought RVM was a particularly satisfying summation of their career to that point.

Maybe we've discussed this before, but what were your objections to it?

Wed September 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?

Wed September 18, 2013 11:08 pm

B wrote:Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?

:haha:

Wed September 18, 2013 11:14 pm

Wed September 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Thejambi wrote:Image

the only thing that could make this better is if it were Betterman (live)

Wed September 18, 2013 11:17 pm

harmless wrote:
B wrote:Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?

Nevermind. I did it. I forgot the drop shadow, but it'll do for a stand in since there's nothing on amazon.

I just like having graphics when I post stuff there, and I figured this might be worth a mention even if I think it's a waste of money.

Wed September 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Tass Man wrote:

:wave:

Wed September 18, 2013 11:24 pm

Thejambi wrote:
Tass Man wrote:

:wave:

:shock:

Wed September 18, 2013 11:44 pm

B wrote:
harmless wrote:

Nevermind. I did it. I forgot the drop shadow, but it'll do for a stand in since there's nothing on amazon.

I just like having graphics when I post stuff there, and I figured this might be worth a mention even if I think it's a waste of money.

too much tension between the text and the edge of the phot there, b.

Wed September 18, 2013 11:45 pm

WtOB? wrote:too much tension between the text and the edge of the phot there, b.

Blah blah blah ...

OK, you guys can start posting joke covers now. ... I mean again.

Wed September 18, 2013 11:50 pm

WtOB? wrote:
B wrote:
harmless wrote:

That's it. I am no longer buying this album

Wed September 18, 2013 11:56 pm

B wrote:
WtOB? wrote:too much tension between the text and the edge of the phot there, b.

Blah blah blah ...

OK, you guys can start posting joke covers now. ... I mean again.

Mine was dead serious you ass.

Thu September 19, 2013 12:16 am

B wrote:
harmless wrote:

You could work for the 10C with a statement like that.

Thu September 19, 2013 12:17 am

He honestly looks like he's going to do Mantis-style kung-fu.

Thu September 19, 2013 3:05 am

stip wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
B wrote:
harmless wrote:

That's it. I am no longer buying this album

you gotta take a stand. :thumbsup:
Post a reply