The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10581
Birds in Hell wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
stip wrote:
I'm gonna buy it no matter what because, well, I'm an idiot. But if they even had something as basic as a few remixed S/T tracks I'll gladly be all over it

i dont remember, but is this definitely a sony project?
i would love some remixed S/T songs, but PJ would have to be willing to work with sony on it for it to happen.

Yeah, it's definitely a Sony project, they have a whole bunch of these "The Essential (band/artist)" CD compilations.

J Records, who released S/T, are owned by Sony so I presume that isn't a hassle. The band essentially self-released Backspacer, I guess they could just licence The Fixer and Just Breathe (for instance) to Sony for this project if they wanted to.


i forgot they used j records for S/T
i kinda hope they do take part in it so it might be something worth while, i think it was already mentioned, but it could be what CC and LiR were planned to be included on


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:02 am
Posts: 420
Location: Netherlands
amazon already changed it....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3A ... =pearl+jam


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 359
joostone wrote:


That makes more sense. Just re-packaging the existing GH album, already licensed to Sony, under their "The Essential" series.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10581
Well, i guess that's that


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 03, 2013 8:10 pm
Posts: 1859
Birds in Hell wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
stip wrote:
I'm gonna buy it no matter what because, well, I'm an idiot. But if they even had something as basic as a few remixed S/T tracks I'll gladly be all over it

i dont remember, but is this definitely a sony project?
i would love some remixed S/T songs, but PJ would have to be willing to work with sony on it for it to happen.

Yeah, it's definitely a Sony project, they have a whole bunch of these "The Essential (band/artist)" CD compilations.

J Records, who released S/T, are owned by Sony so I presume that isn't a hassle. The band essentially self-released Backspacer, I guess they could just licence The Fixer and Just Breathe (for instance) to Sony for this project if they wanted to.

Didn't J just distriubute it? This would take any ownership of the recordings from Sony i believe.

This series tends to be on the good side of mastering. I think Vic Anesini does many of those.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 2:16 am 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 5814
Birds in Hell wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I never thought RVM was a particularly satisfying summation of their career to that point.


Maybe we've discussed this before, but what were your objections to it?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9193
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 18711
B wrote:
Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?


:haha:

_________________
RisingTides wrote:
There is more kindness on the internet than we would care to admit to ourselves. Sometimes we are so afraid of falling victim to a ruse, we miss out on actual opportunities.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri April 12, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 4357
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Image

_________________
There's the dog. You can't fake that stuff. Confess with your mouth.
http://www.philscally.com


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 191
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Thejambi wrote:
Image

the only thing that could make this better is if it were Betterman (live)

_________________
Old username = chino

Playlist


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9193
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
harmless wrote:
B wrote:
Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?


:haha:


Nevermind. I did it. I forgot the drop shadow, but it'll do for a stand in since there's nothing on amazon.

Image

I just like having graphics when I post stuff there, and I figured this might be worth a mention even if I think it's a waste of money.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri April 12, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 4357
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Tass Man wrote:
Thejambi wrote:
Image

the only thing that could make this better is if it were Betterman (live)

:wave:

_________________
There's the dog. You can't fake that stuff. Confess with your mouth.
http://www.philscally.com


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 191
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Thejambi wrote:
Tass Man wrote:
Thejambi wrote:
Image

the only thing that could make this better is if it were Betterman (live)

:wave:

:shock:

_________________
Old username = chino

Playlist


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5237
Location: by the ocean
B wrote:
harmless wrote:
B wrote:
Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?


:haha:


Nevermind. I did it. I forgot the drop shadow, but it'll do for a stand in since there's nothing on amazon.

Image

I just like having graphics when I post stuff there, and I figured this might be worth a mention even if I think it's a waste of money.


too much tension between the text and the edge of the phot there, b.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9193
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
WtOB? wrote:
too much tension between the text and the edge of the phot there, b.


Blah blah blah ...

OK, you guys can start posting joke covers now. ... I mean again.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31681
WtOB? wrote:
B wrote:
harmless wrote:
B wrote:
Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?


:haha:


Nevermind. I did it. I forgot the drop shadow, but it'll do for a stand in since there's nothing on amazon.

Image

I just like having graphics when I post stuff there, and I figured this might be worth a mention even if I think it's a waste of money.


too much tension between the text and the edge of the phot there, b.


That's it. I am no longer buying this album

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri April 12, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 4357
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
B wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
too much tension between the text and the edge of the phot there, b.


Blah blah blah ...

OK, you guys can start posting joke covers now. ... I mean again.


Mine was dead serious you ass.

_________________
There's the dog. You can't fake that stuff. Confess with your mouth.
http://www.philscally.com


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Thu September 19, 2013 12:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 18711
B wrote:
harmless wrote:
B wrote:
Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?


:haha:


Nevermind. I did it. I forgot the drop shadow, but it'll do for a stand in since there's nothing on amazon.

Image

I just like having graphics when I post stuff there, and I figured this might be worth a mention even if I think it's a waste of money.


You could work for the 10C with a statement like that.

_________________
RisingTides wrote:
There is more kindness on the internet than we would care to admit to ourselves. Sometimes we are so afraid of falling victim to a ruse, we miss out on actual opportunities.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Thu September 19, 2013 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 18711
He honestly looks like he's going to do Mantis-style kung-fu.

_________________
RisingTides wrote:
There is more kindness on the internet than we would care to admit to ourselves. Sometimes we are so afraid of falling victim to a ruse, we miss out on actual opportunities.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Essential Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Thu September 19, 2013 3:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5237
Location: by the ocean
stip wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
B wrote:
harmless wrote:
B wrote:
Can someone fake me up a [non-joke] cover for this that I can use on the front page?


:haha:


Nevermind. I did it. I forgot the drop shadow, but it'll do for a stand in since there's nothing on amazon.

Image

I just like having graphics when I post stuff there, and I figured this might be worth a mention even if I think it's a waste of money.


too much tension between the text and the edge of the phot there, b.


That's it. I am no longer buying this album


you gotta take a stand. :thumbsup:

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon July 23, 2018 5:45 pm