Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: The definitive list of pearl jam songs/versions

Tue October 21, 2014 5:37 pm

updated the main post for S/T demos

Mon November 03, 2014 1:08 am

Proposed updates on request of Stip to include all versions of Binaural tracks available. It’s a bit convoluted but I think this covers it :)

Breakerfall: 'Binaural demos' version listed is from the 'Binaural Preview' disc, and could be re-labelled Tchad Blake Mix (hi-hat intro, no Ed scream during intro, cleaner mix).

Light Years: 'Binaural demos' version listed is from the 'Binaural Preview' disc, and could be re-labelled Tchad Blake Mix (extended intro, minor lyric difference "it don't seem fair for days to disappear" in last chorus).

Nothing As It Seems: 'Binaural demo, Single' versions currently listed - the former from the 'Binaural Preview' disc is actually the exact same version as from the single. The only difference between these two versions and the album version is a full hi-hat count in.

Insignificance: An additional version of the Tchad Blake mix is on the 'Binaural Preview' disc with longer instrumental intros to each verse.

Sad: 'Unreleased Lost Dogs' could be re-labelled Tchad Blake Mix (the officially released Lost Dogs version was mixed by Brett Eliason). An additional low quality 96k mp3 version of the Tchad Blake mix was part of the 'Binaural Outtakes' leak a few months before the release of Lost Dogs (minor lyric difference "Every photograph is peeling...")

Hitchhiker: Again, the 'Unreleased Lost Dogs' version could be re-labelled Tchad Blake Mix. The officially released Lost Dogs version was mixed by Brett Eliason (otherwise same take).

Fatal: A low quality 96k mp3 version was part of the 'Binaural Outtakes' leak a few months before the release of Lost Dogs (with a spoken count-in by Stone, otherwise identical to ‘rough mix’ and ‘Lost Dogs’ versions listed, all mixed by Tchad Blake).

Education: 'Unreleased Lost Dogs' could be re-labelled 'alternate/early version' (mixed by Tchad Blake, the officially released Lost Dogs version was mixed by Brett Eliason). An later version of the song (a low quality 96k mp3) mixed by Tchad Blake was part of the 'Binaural Outtakes' leak a few months before the release of Lost Dogs (spacier sounding guitars, minor lyric difference in bridge “…a revelation, dissolving words in the snow, simple…)

In The Moonlight: 'Unreleased Lost Dogs' could be re-labelled 'alternate/early version' (mixed by Tchad Blake, as was the officially released Lost Dogs version). Could add Matt Cameron demo to the list (MC demos of Get Right and You Are also exist).

Sweet Lew: 'Unreleased Lost Dogs' could be re-labelled 'alternate/early version' (mixed by Tchad Blake, as was the officially released Lost Dogs version).

Wed November 05, 2014 12:44 pm

updated--thanks :)

Tue March 17, 2015 10:52 pm

I guess 3 song sampler version of Alive is the Yellow Alive. I found that in a bin of 99cent singles in Dundalk Md in like 2001. I was like hmmm...I guess these clowns with their Mudvane and Korn shirts don't know what this is.....awesome. Now, if that same single had found its way to a different location like Towson, or maybe Soundgarden in Fells Point Baltimore then it might have cost a little more.

Wed March 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Is there going to be any kind of downloadable collection of all of these? :heartbeat:

Thu March 19, 2015 9:44 pm

pretty close

Fri March 20, 2015 2:13 pm

stip wrote:pretty close

:thumbsup: I'm following that one too.

Fri March 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Fuck You Jobu wrote:

Well if you get that when it's ready, and have all the studio albums, you should have everything.

Fri March 20, 2015 3:15 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Fuck You Jobu wrote:

Well if you get that when it's ready, and have all the studio albums, you should have everything.

:luv: :luv: :luv:

Sun October 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Didn't read the whole thread, but I didn't see Last Soldier in the list. Figured if Out of My Mind is on there... Unless this was already discussed. :D

Sat October 31, 2015 1:16 pm

hmmm. It is hard to figure out why out of my mind would qualify and last soldier wouldn't. I'll add it.

Sun November 01, 2015 11:59 pm

Yay! I helped! :D

Edit: Oh, just took a look and I think it's from the 2001 Fan Club Single (I know it was one of the double 7" ones. I think you were thinking of Soldier of Love from the Last Kiss single.

Mon November 02, 2015 10:34 am

Now you've made two contributions!

Tue February 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Does anyone know of a version (probably live) of Rearviewmirror where Ed is singing trough a kazoo (or some such)? My friend said they had a single of it in a Pizza Hut juke box when he used to work there.

Tue February 09, 2016 4:01 pm

is there a kazoo in that frogs thing?

Tue February 09, 2016 4:24 pm

stip wrote:is there a kazoo in that frogs thing?

Oh now what a minute... that's interesting.

Tue February 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks Stip! That's totally it!

Tue February 09, 2016 7:22 pm

stip wrote:is there a kazoo in that frogs thing?

It's actually not a kazoo, but one of these:

Thu February 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Ah. Good to know. That's awesome.

Thu February 11, 2016 11:45 pm

Those crazy Frogs :thumbsup:
Post a reply