The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The definitive list of pearl jam songs/versions
PostPosted: Fri October 11, 2013 3:58 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Really good version of Infallible and Yellow Moon on Lightning Bolt.

PostPosted: Fri October 11, 2013 7:20 pm 
The worst

Definitive versions, though?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 6:11 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I noticed that Long Road from the Molo sessions is included, but not Betterman or LBC.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 11:03 pm 
The worst

Added molo to Betterman. We don't have an lbc entry yet

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 7:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

stip wrote:
Added molo to Betterman. We don't have an lbc entry yet

i blocked that out of my memory.

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 6:32 am 
Future Drummer

LBC and Wishlist from that solo Ed 7"

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 11:16 am 
The worst

super nintendo chalmers wrote:

:?:

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 11:31 am 
Future Drummer

stip wrote:

http://www.discogs.com/Eddie-Vedder-Lov ... se/3553562

Surely we're not counting live versions in this list?

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 1:04 pm 
The worst

gotcha

No, we're not.

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 4:40 pm 
Future Drummer

ridleybradout wrote:
stip wrote:

http://www.discogs.com/Eddie-Vedder-Lov ... se/3553562

Surely we're not counting live versions in this list?

My bad.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Thu November 21, 2013 4:19 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I know there are different versions of Jeremy on various singles, but I'm not entirely sure what the differences are. I assume some may be edited, at least, but then you've got this at 4:49, and this version with it at 5:21. And the album version is listed at 5:18.

I feel like I've also heard people talk about the "video" version, but i don't honestly know if that's (a) different or (b) ever been released anywhere other than as the audio to the video.

PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2013 9:49 pm 
Future Drummer

hlniv wrote:
I started a new project last night- 7 disc compilation, roughly 550 minutes (that's over 9 hours, folks)

1991 - 1994 Ten/Vs/Vitalogy - 3 disc (each 70+ mins) compilation - assembling and re-tracking as many full songs that will fit. For example, I've split Vs. into the 2nd and 3rd discs. Vitalogy tunes are all on the 3rd disc, the Ten-era releases, b-sides, re-releases, etc... mostly on disc 1. Lost Dogs tracks, album re-issue bonus tracks, xmas singles, etc... Most of these recordings fit well together. Trying to keep all Dave A performances on discs 2 and 3

1995 - 1998 No Code/Yield - 2 discs, same theory on source material. Merkinball tunes, a couple of live tracks, maybe a couple Mirrorball tunes as well. All Jack Irons performances

1999 - 2000 - Binaural - 1 disc - re-tracked w/b-sides, xmas singles, TB2000

2001 - 2004- Riot Act - 1 disc - re-tracked w/b-sides, plus man of the hour & cold confession. These seem to fit well.

In my opinion, Pearl Jam effectively ended their 12 year run as a studio group / creative force with the release of Riot Act. I am including MOTH and cold confession, which takes it through 2004, 14 years since forming. I think CC was the last creatively aspiring tune they recorded (that we've heard). The evolution of the reception of S/T and Backspacer in the years since their release support that theory. Maybe LB will change that, but I highly doubt it (and i actually do enjoy the new tunes).

My attempt here is to present this 14 year run in a new and comprehensive way.

This thread is a good source, and I will use it and try to provide any additional input as I go through this project.

I finally got around to finalizing all of this, tracking it, editing for volume/fades/lengths, tagging it, and uploading the results if anyone is interested in some links. I posted and edited the final tracklist earlier in this thread. Eight discs total, MP3's. PM me if interested.

PostPosted: Wed December 04, 2013 5:28 am 
AnalLog

hlniv wrote:
hlniv wrote:
I started a new project last night- 7 disc compilation, roughly 550 minutes (that's over 9 hours, folks)

1991 - 1994 Ten/Vs/Vitalogy - 3 disc (each 70+ mins) compilation - assembling and re-tracking as many full songs that will fit. For example, I've split Vs. into the 2nd and 3rd discs. Vitalogy tunes are all on the 3rd disc, the Ten-era releases, b-sides, re-releases, etc... mostly on disc 1. Lost Dogs tracks, album re-issue bonus tracks, xmas singles, etc... Most of these recordings fit well together. Trying to keep all Dave A performances on discs 2 and 3

1995 - 1998 No Code/Yield - 2 discs, same theory on source material. Merkinball tunes, a couple of live tracks, maybe a couple Mirrorball tunes as well. All Jack Irons performances

2001 - 2004- Riot Act - 1 disc - re-tracked w/b-sides, plus man of the hour & cold confession. These seem to fit well.

In my opinion, Pearl Jam effectively ended their 12 year run as a studio group / creative force with the release of Riot Act. I am including MOTH and cold confession, which takes it through 2004, 14 years since forming. I think CC was the last creatively aspiring tune they recorded (that we've heard). The evolution of the reception of S/T and Backspacer in the years since their release support that theory. Maybe LB will change that, but I highly doubt it (and i actually do enjoy the new tunes).

This thread is a good source, and I will use it and try to provide any additional input as I go through this project.

I finally got around to finalizing all of this, tracking it, editing for volume/fades/lengths, tagging it, and uploading the results if anyone is interested in some links. I posted and edited the final tracklist earlier in this thread. Eight discs total, MP3's. PM me if interested.

pm sent. im very impressed by this. and i've always wanted someone to edit out writer's block from parting ways :nice:

PostPosted: Fri December 20, 2013 7:40 pm 
AnalLog

DeLima wrote:
hlniv wrote:
hlniv wrote:

pm sent. im very impressed by this. and i've always wanted someone to edit out writer's block from parting ways :nice:

just wanted to plug this compilation. hlniv did a fantastic job here. the sound is great, the sequencing is great, it's great to have stuff like aty/hummus and p. ways/writer's block separated, and the bonus stuff is great too. thanks a ton. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed January 08, 2014 5:08 pm 
Future Drummer

I'd like to summarize and ask a couple of questions -

Pearl Jam Anthology 1990-2012
Disc 1 - 1990-1991 studio compilation (pre-Dave A) Ten, b-sides, misc/demo
Disc 2 - 1992-1993 studio compilation (mostly Dave A) Primarily Vs, b-sides, misc/demo
Disc 3 - 1993-1994 studio compilation (all Dave A) Vs/Vitalogy, b-sides, misc
Discs 4 & 5 - 1995-1998 studio compilation (all Jack) No Code / Yield, b-sides, misc
Disc 6 - 1999-2000 studio compilation (re-tracked Binaural + b-sides, misc)
Disc 7 - 2001-2004 studio compilation (re-tracked Riot Act + b-sides, misc)
Discs 8 & 9 - 2005-2012 live compilation (S/T, Backspacer live cuts, plus selected covers & misc)
Disc 10 - Bonus Cuts 1990-2012 studio compilation (selected demos/misc tracks not included above)
Discs 11 & 12 - 1991-1994 live compilation (all Dave A) improvs, unique versions, covers
Disc 13 - 1995-1998 live compilation (all Jack Irons) improvs, unique versions, covers)
Disc 14 - Outtakes (additional recordings that just didn't fit)

I think I'm going to stop there, the 98, 00, & 03 tours have already been extensively cut into compilations by many others. The live tracks in this set are meant only to be complimentary to their studio output from 1990-2004, and reflect on the band during the time period.

Many of these tracks have been edited for volume, fades, intro/outros, lengths, etc... Simply cobbling together the album cuts won't transition as well.

For many reasons, I chose to not to put this together in FLAC. The vast majority of these have either never been available in lossless format, or have been released and are widely available elsewhere in lossless formats. All tracks are 256K+ mp3 (i think).

Many of these tracks are leaked/unreleased, some are commercially available, some are not. Many of the commercially available tracks have been edited in some way.

Discs 12, 13, & 14 are not yet complete.

I have not created artwork or extensive tagging, and some of these tracks likely include artwork and other tags left over from where I pulled them from.

My questions for this forum-

#1 - I'd like to make this available to anyone who is interested, but I'm not sure as to the rules of distribution of a fan made project such as this. I'm guessing I can't just post links here. I think all of the discs have questionable tracks as to whether or not they are kosher to post here. Can someone provide me with some guidance on this?

#2 - Is there anyone out there that would like to help with tagging / artwork? I'd certainly be open to that. I'm not exactly an expert with such matters. (In fact, this is really my first attempt at any sort of compilation work & discs 8 & 9 need some crowd transition work)

PostPosted: Wed January 08, 2014 7:39 pm 
The worst

it's a great list, but you can't publicly trade commercially available material.

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed January 08, 2014 7:53 pm 
Future Drummer

Thanks for the clarification stip. Don't want to get in any trouble.

PostPosted: Thu January 09, 2014 2:40 am 
Lost Cat

Alive from the three song sampler is different from the rest. I'd have to listen to it again, but what stood out the mist was the solo being so different from the album version on ten.

PostPosted: Thu January 09, 2014 3:36 pm 
Future Drummer

While I was trying to internet up this "3 song sampler" Alive version (which, btw, wtf is that?), I came across something I've never seen before.

Anyone heard this version of Alive? Clocks in at 4:55 vs the album length of 5:41. Looks like this compilation was released in March '92.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/release/stanley-son-of-theodore-yet-another-alternative-music-sampler-mr0000025145

PostPosted: Thu January 09, 2014 7:23 pm 
The worst

I have that version of alive. PM me your e-mail address

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam