The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 167  Next

So...Sirens?
5 stars 38%  38%  [ 47 ]
4 stars 24%  24%  [ 30 ]
3 stars 20%  20%  [ 25 ]
2 stars 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
1 star 13%  13%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 125
 Post subject: Re: New Song (9.19.13): Sirens
PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:26 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Birds in Hell wrote:
harmless wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
After all the build-up, I didn't think the song was particularly shocking or unexpected for the band.

Some people will say it isn't. What made it such a WTF for so many people, do you think?

I honestly have no idea.

There's nothing glaringly un-Pearl Jam about it to me. The Fixer felt like a much bigger departure.

I agree, and I didn't find it nearly as authentic emotionally. This has some balladry tricks going on but they sure commit to it.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:27 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Do to think he means it? Or he's gonna rain in our parade in a short few?

Ps this isn't available on iTunes here

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:28 pm 

No joke, I really like it!

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:29 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Excuse me, but I don´t like the piano/keyboard on the music video. I think it´s worst than the studio version. Other than that, I´m loving this :heartbeat: . It fucking grows on you like an alien, and then chest-burst you.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:29 pm 

Hypnosomnia wrote:
Excuse me, but I don´t like the piano/keyboard on the music video. I think it´s worst than the studio version. Other than that, I´m loving this :heartbeat: . It fucking grows on you like an alien, and then chest-burst you.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:30 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Birds in Hell wrote:
No joke, I really like it!

Good man:)

A cursory glance at google and this is getting rage reviews.

I haven't looked at the pit yet. Too soon to have my buzz killed.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:33 pm 

Juvenal wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:

Really? This video will be great evidence for my "Boom: Replace Brendan!" campaign. He's old. He's hairy. He plays piano and he'll pass doobies around while they're recording. What's not to like?

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:36 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

glad to have you aboard, spenno. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:36 pm 
A Return To Form

harmless wrote:
Juvenal wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:

Really? This video will be great evidence for my "Boom: Replace Brendan!" campaign. He's old. He's hairy. He plays piano and he'll pass doobies around while they're recording. What's not to like?

Maybe it's the clip but all he does is bear claw the piano and randomly hit a few notes. My favorite part of the video. On a serious note I think Stone kicks ass on the video version. Just great atmospheric doodling.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:37 pm 
The worst

Blenheim Augustine wrote:
Something about this song rules. I actually do get the Black connection and think this is a top tier song. The review on the main page confuses me, this is a straight ahead rock ballad and it is awesome. I can see how it could not be someone's thing but I love the Def Leppardness of it.

This may be a 5*

what confused you?

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:39 pm 

Dugg wrote:
harmless wrote:
Juvenal wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:

Maybe it's the clip but all he does is bear claw the piano and randomly hit a few notes. My favorite part of the video. On a serious note I think Stone kicks ass on the video version. Just great atmospheric doodling.

I think you probably just use "bear claw" because of the way he looks when he plays. What he's playing is actually more full and intricate than what BO'B is playing on the studio version, except that it's live so it's not so perfectly timed.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:41 pm 
A Return To Form

harmless wrote:
Dugg wrote:
harmless wrote:
Juvenal wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:

I think you probably just use "bear claw" because of the way he looks when he plays. What he's playing is actually more full and intricate than what BO'B is playing on the studio version, except that it's live so it's not so perfectly timed.

You're probably right, or it's the lack of an opposable thumb that threw me.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:42 pm 

Dugg wrote:
harmless wrote:
Juvenal wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:

It´s the toy keyboard that he have, just listen to the 0:06 second, totally unnecessary. BoB is more subtle than Boom.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:43 pm 

Dugg wrote:
harmless wrote:
Dugg wrote:
harmless wrote:
Juvenal wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:

You're probably right, or it's the lack of an opposable thumb that threw me.

He does this weird rocking back and forth when he plays, and he doesn't play the keys gently, but he isn't bad. He plays more sensitively here than BO'B ever did on Backspacer.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:44 pm 

Hypnosomnia wrote:
Dugg wrote:
harmless wrote:
Juvenal wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:

It´s the toy keyboard that he have, just listen to the 0:06 second, totally unnecessary. BoB is more subtle than Boom.

Toy keyboard? Have you even heard Future Days at Wrigley? It sounds like a baby's cot mobile.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:44 pm 

Harmless, Boom kind of sucks.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:45 pm 

harmless wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:
Dugg wrote:
harmless wrote:
Juvenal wrote:
Hypnosomnia wrote:

Toy keyboard? Have you even heard Future Days at Wrigley? It sounds like a baby's cot mobile.
Haha, yeah, the toy keyboard of Wrigley sucks too, but he plays a piano in the studio version.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:50 pm 
A Return To Form

I gotta say that after driving around with the new songs I kinda like the piano in these songs. And the production. We'll see if it changes on the final product. Either way it's miles better than BS for me.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:57 pm 

I'm actually kidding about wanting Boom to produce records. But I'm not a fan of BO'B, even though he's doing a good job here so far, and I think Boom is needlessly shat on by the fans. He's alright with me, and he pretty much does all the same things as BO'B musically. It's difficult to argue BO'B did anything helpful to Backspacer on that piano, even though it's nice here.

PostPosted: Wed September 18, 2013 11:58 pm 

Dugg wrote:
I gotta say that after driving around with the new songs I kinda like the piano in these songs. And the production. We'll see if it changes on the final product. Either way it's miles better than BS for me.

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 167  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam