3%

Total votes : 199

Re: Getaway

Thu January 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Paint by numbers Pearl Jam

meh

3 stars

The outro is decent, I guess, but it just feels like it's recycled

If this was the third or 4th track on the album, i would listen to it more. Every time I hear that bland intro, I reach for the skip ahead button.

You know, the album would work much better actually, with MYM and Getaway switched as 1-2 tracks.

Thu January 09, 2014 6:16 pm

I'll say it again... put this one as the third single and LB will go Gold pretty fast!!!!

Thu January 09, 2014 7:03 pm

hlniv wrote:Paint by numbers Pearl Jam

meh

3 stars

If this was the third or 4th track on the album, i would listen to it more. Every time I hear that bland intro, I reach for the skip ahead button.

You know, the album would work much better actually, with MYM and Getaway switched as 1-2 tracks.

I switched them on my alternate track list. I agree it works much better. Segues nicely into MFS, too.

Thu January 09, 2014 8:21 pm

I was thinking the same thing last time I listened. It makes the first three tracks flow much better

Fri January 10, 2014 2:42 am

stip wrote:
hlniv wrote:Paint by numbers Pearl Jam

meh

3 stars

I switched them on my alternate track list. I agree it works much better. Segues nicely into MFS, too.

First time I heard getaway I said it should be song 2 on LB to be shot down.

MYM - getaway

Brain of j - faithful

Fri January 10, 2014 5:54 am

Tuolumne wrote:A classic PJ track. I could never count how many times I've played this one, too much. It's got the grooviness and lock-in of bass and drums of new PJ and a classic sounding chorus and EdVed completely owning it. Can't believe this isn't a live staple.

it's because eddy can't sing like that in real life.

Fri January 10, 2014 1:50 pm

dprival78 wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:A classic PJ track. I could never count how many times I've played this one, too much. It's got the grooviness and lock-in of bass and drums of new PJ and a classic sounding chorus and EdVed completely owning it. Can't believe this isn't a live staple.

it's because eddy can't sing like that in real life.

Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway

Fri January 10, 2014 2:31 pm

I don't particularly enjoy his vocals in this one, which is one of the things holding this song back. I dont' like his higher/shinier register as much

Fri January 10, 2014 3:44 pm

stip wrote:I don't particularly enjoy his vocals in this one, which is one of the things holding this song back. I dont' like his higher/shinier register as much

i'd like it if it was real and not studio-created.

ed really needs to get over this mid-life crisis. it's ok not to be 30 only more, big guy. really.. it's ok.

Fri January 10, 2014 3:45 pm

yeah, unfortunately after watching that promo clip for this one, and its pretty clear.

Fri January 10, 2014 3:47 pm

did they do something in the studio to his vocals or is this something he can only pull off in the studio?

Fri January 10, 2014 6:02 pm

warehouse wrote:did they do something in the studio to his vocals or is this something he can only pull off in the studio?

WARNING: I know nothing about this, but I think they just have him sing it over and over again and then layer the best vocals on top of each other?

Fri January 10, 2014 6:29 pm

stip wrote:I don't particularly enjoy his vocals in this one, which is one of the things holding this song back. I dont' like his higher/shinier register as much

B'OB seems to love it though since he EQ'ed most of the non shiny part of his voice out.

Fri January 10, 2014 6:32 pm

I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.

Fri January 10, 2014 6:49 pm

VinylGuy wrote:I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.

Fri January 10, 2014 7:14 pm

:thumbsup:

Fri January 10, 2014 8:36 pm

stip wrote:

I consider them to be two completely different approaches. I definitely prefer the RA production (or lack thereof), but I love a lot of the LB melodies a whole bunch.

Fri January 10, 2014 8:46 pm

stip wrote:

:peace:

cutuphalfdead wrote:

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.

:cry:

Fri January 10, 2014 10:30 pm

good or bad, with RA, what we were getting was real.

i prefer real.

Fri January 10, 2014 10:45 pm

dprival78 wrote:

good or bad, with RA, what we were getting was real.

i prefer real.

Is this about autotune tweaking? Because PJ used it before.
Post a reply