The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

So...Getaway
5 Stars 38%  38%  [ 72 ]
4 Stars 43%  43%  [ 81 ]
3 Stars 12%  12%  [ 22 ]
2 Star 4%  4%  [ 8 ]
1 Star 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 188
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Getaway
PostPosted: Thu January 09, 2014 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 5:47 pm
Posts: 3056
Location: Louisville, KY
Paint by numbers Pearl Jam

meh

3 stars

The outro is decent, I guess, but it just feels like it's recycled

If this was the third or 4th track on the album, i would listen to it more. Every time I hear that bland intro, I reach for the skip ahead button.

You know, the album would work much better actually, with MYM and Getaway switched as 1-2 tracks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Getaway
PostPosted: Thu January 09, 2014 6:16 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 06, 2014 5:44 pm
Posts: 18
I'll say it again... put this one as the third single and LB will go Gold pretty fast!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Getaway
PostPosted: Thu January 09, 2014 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29472
hlniv wrote:
Paint by numbers Pearl Jam

meh

3 stars

The outro is decent, I guess, but it just feels like it's recycled

If this was the third or 4th track on the album, i would listen to it more. Every time I hear that bland intro, I reach for the skip ahead button.

You know, the album would work much better actually, with MYM and Getaway switched as 1-2 tracks.


I switched them on my alternate track list. I agree it works much better. Segues nicely into MFS, too.

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Getaway
PostPosted: Thu January 09, 2014 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 19053
I was thinking the same thing last time I listened. It makes the first three tracks flow much better

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 2:42 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 486
stip wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Paint by numbers Pearl Jam

meh

3 stars

The outro is decent, I guess, but it just feels like it's recycled

If this was the third or 4th track on the album, i would listen to it more. Every time I hear that bland intro, I reach for the skip ahead button.

You know, the album would work much better actually, with MYM and Getaway switched as 1-2 tracks.


I switched them on my alternate track list. I agree it works much better. Segues nicely into MFS, too.



First time I heard getaway I said it should be song 2 on LB to be shot down.

MYM - getaway


Like


Brain of j - faithful


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 5:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1335
Location: CT
Tuolumne wrote:
A classic PJ track. I could never count how many times I've played this one, too much. It's got the grooviness and lock-in of bass and drums of new PJ and a classic sounding chorus and EdVed completely owning it. Can't believe this isn't a live staple.


it's because eddy can't sing like that in real life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 18711
dprival78 wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:
A classic PJ track. I could never count how many times I've played this one, too much. It's got the grooviness and lock-in of bass and drums of new PJ and a classic sounding chorus and EdVed completely owning it. Can't believe this isn't a live staple.


it's because eddy can't sing like that in real life.

_________________
RisingTides wrote:
There is more kindness on the internet than we would care to admit to ourselves. Sometimes we are so afraid of falling victim to a ruse, we miss out on actual opportunities.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29472
I don't particularly enjoy his vocals in this one, which is one of the things holding this song back. I dont' like his higher/shinier register as much

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1335
Location: CT
stip wrote:
I don't particularly enjoy his vocals in this one, which is one of the things holding this song back. I dont' like his higher/shinier register as much


i'd like it if it was real and not studio-created.

ed really needs to get over this mid-life crisis. it's ok not to be 30 only more, big guy. really.. it's ok.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 5817
yeah, unfortunately after watching that promo clip for this one, and its pretty clear.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 3:47 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 2659
did they do something in the studio to his vocals or is this something he can only pull off in the studio?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 2698
warehouse wrote:
did they do something in the studio to his vocals or is this something he can only pull off in the studio?


WARNING: I know nothing about this, but I think they just have him sing it over and over again and then layer the best vocals on top of each other?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 03, 2013 8:10 pm
Posts: 1859
stip wrote:
I don't particularly enjoy his vocals in this one, which is one of the things holding this song back. I dont' like his higher/shinier register as much

B'OB seems to love it though since he EQ'ed most of the non shiny part of his voice out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 12081
I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46892
Location: Sector 7-G
VinylGuy wrote:
I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29472
VinylGuy wrote:
I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.

:thumbsup:

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 8:36 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 15, 2013 6:09 pm
Posts: 412
Location: Ottawa, Canada
stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.

:thumbsup:



I consider them to be two completely different approaches. I definitely prefer the RA production (or lack thereof), but I love a lot of the LB melodies a whole bunch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 12081
stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.

:thumbsup:


:peace:

cutuphalfdead wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.


:cry:

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1335
Location: CT
VinylGuy wrote:
I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.


good or bad, with RA, what we were getting was real.

i prefer real.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Getaway
PostPosted: Fri January 10, 2014 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 18711
dprival78 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I prefer Ed vocals in LB than in RA.


good or bad, with RA, what we were getting was real.

i prefer real.


Is this about autotune tweaking? Because PJ used it before.

_________________
RisingTides wrote:
There is more kindness on the internet than we would care to admit to ourselves. Sometimes we are so afraid of falling victim to a ruse, we miss out on actual opportunities.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Rangi Guy and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu December 14, 2017 6:58 pm