The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 58  Next

So...Getaway
5 Stars 37%  37%  [ 73 ]
4 Stars 43%  43%  [ 85 ]
3 Stars 13%  13%  [ 25 ]
2 Star 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
1 Star 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 199
 Post subject: Re: Getaway
PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 6:34 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

phew, lucky you said it with confidence.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 7:24 am 
AnalLog

I would much prefer MYM and that intro(doubled)start the album with getaway coming in behind it personally

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 8:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

jesus christ "Grease" called, they want their songs back

WTF happened to this band? Yes I hated BS too. Riot Act looks like a masterpiece compared to this shit.

I just completed listening to the 4 new songs, and saved this for last, because everyone seemed to hold it in the highest regard. and its really just like - what? Are the other 3 just that bad that this one which is totally average and uninspiring is viewed as "good"?

Does anyone here play the guitar or drums? Do you realize how boring and easy this crap is to play?

What the hell - Mike McCready was like "oh this is better than backspacer" and "it sounds like pink floyd"

What about this pop crap sounds like pink floyd?

OK so the much-anticipated sirens may sound like pink floyd. But this is just more of the same filler garbage. I hope on this tour they don't bump any of the old good stuff for these tracks. Hopefully they just bump the BS tracks and swap in this new time-untestable stuff and do the same the next tour with the next new album stuff.

I mean, can we just get ONE salvageable track that is worth keeping in the live setlist? MYM sounds OK. Might close a set ala DTE or get the show moving early ala hail, hail. But it is increasingly becoming apparent that MYM is a one-off STBC style track.

WTF man this band is just so consistently disappointing these days. Soundgarden came back from the dead and their album kicks ass. They get up on stage and fucking shred. PJ spent 4 years on a fucking infomercial soundtrack and get in front of 100,000 people at the cubs stadium with 900 tons of merchandise and play twinkle twinkle little star and yet another generate 4/4 time uninspiring wuss rocker with lyrics that Ed thought up on the way to the stadium. The nerve. Are PJ fans that dumb now? Or is it that PJ does once again have mass appeal, and the tyranny of the majority with their lack of discriminating taste are just gobbling up whatever is bird-dumped into their mouth.

Fuckin eh.

Can the next album producer at least just tell Ed to shut up a bit more when they are playing? He just never shuts up anymore. Its like boogie-woogie-doo-dah day all fucking day. Every fucking note has a word on top.

Can PJ audition a new singer? Can Matt Cameron stop dumbing down his fucking playing when he is with PJ?

Can PJ just give Matt Cameron back to SG fulltime? He is not needed in order to play this puss-ball mundane dogshit.

Fuck me in the brain.

Sirens better kick ass this shit is just not happening. Please get this PJ tour over with so that Soundgarden can get back in the studio.

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 8:25 am 
10Club Complaint Department

96583UP wrote:
Can the next album producer at least just tell Ed to shut up a bit more when they are playing? He just never shuts up anymore. Its like boogie-woogie-doo-dah day all fucking day.

lol

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 8:26 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Birds in Hell wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Can the next album producer at least just tell Ed to shut up a bit more when they are playing? He just never shuts up anymore. Its like boogie-woogie-doo-dah day all fucking day.

lol

funny and true.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 8:37 am 
AnalLog

Great review :lol:

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:09 am 
Rank This Poster

96583UP wrote:
Are PJ fans that dumb now? Or is it that PJ does once again have mass appeal, and the tyranny of the majority with their lack of discriminating taste are just gobbling up whatever is bird-dumped into their mouth

I suspect this guy is just stip making a second account so he finally has evidence of this kind of post happening.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:14 am 

The irony is that this hater is actually very articulate for a troll, but has a dumbass username consisting of numbers.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:16 am 
AnalLog

harmless wrote:
The irony is that this hater is actually very articulate for a troll, but has a dumbass username consisting of numbers.
I don't see a hater. I see a very frustrated fan who just pressed stop on his record player in the middle of "Last Exit" to listen to new leaks and... naturally went ape shit mad at his favorite band.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:19 am 

theplatypus wrote:
I can say with confidence that this is my least favorite of the leaked tracks. The verses are okay but that fucking chorus is a sickly, undergrown seedling plucked right out of the near-barren tundra of spiritless and ordinary pop rock. I'll revisit it when a better quality file comes along, but this is my opinion after 3 listens.

Who are you writing for now? Who's house style is that?

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:20 am 

Walker Bait wrote:
Gob wrote:
delanoche wrote:
Gob wrote:
This totally sounds like an Incubus song to me.

I like this song, and I've got nothing against Incubus, but I don't hear it. Though I guess I only know earlier Incubus. Is there any specific song you could point to?

No song in particular, but the style and delivery reminds me of later Incubus.

I know what you mean..if "Anna Molly" and "Black Heart Inertia" went to a listening party for their last album "If Not Now When" and went home and wrote a song this would be it.

:lol:

However hard this album ends up sucking, it will never be as bad as that one.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:37 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

harmless wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I can say with confidence that this is my least favorite of the leaked tracks. The verses are okay but that fucking chorus is a sickly, undergrown seedling plucked right out of the near-barren tundra of spiritless and ordinary pop rock. I'll revisit it when a better quality file comes along, but this is my opinion after 3 listens.

:thumbsup: this is an internet forum, not a magazine article with horrible readability.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:43 am 

WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

:thumbsup: this is an internet forum, not a magazine article with horrible readability.

Hopefully Jorge knows I was kidding, I just LOL'd at the metaphor.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:54 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

it started out as a nice metaphor until he got out of control with "near-barren tundra" (tundras are always near-barren, you're just looking to use as many words as possible to impress yourself) and go with either "spiritless" or "ordinary", using both here was again just looking for as many words as possible which ultimately has killed any flow the sentence and metaphor had at the beginning. don't be such a pretentious douche bag. more words don't make it better. in fact, this is poor writing because of too many adjectives. write on an internet forum like a normal person, unless you're actually a good writer which you're not.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:56 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

omg i wnt on this perl jam fan forum teh other day and this guy posted the most profound thing ever with lots of adjectives and mi life will never b teh sam.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:56 am 

WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

it started out as a nice metaphor until he got out of control with "near-barren tundra" (tundras are always near-barren, you're just looking to use as many words as possible to impress yourself) and go with either "spiritless" or "ordinary", using both here was again just looking for as many words as possible which ultimately has killed any flow the sentence and metaphor had at the beginning. don't be such a pretentious douche bag. more words don't make it better. in fact, this is poor writing because of too many adjectives. write on an internet forum like a normal person, unless you're actually a good writer which you're not.

Jorge's a great writer, I'm just glad he promotes his blog and music-writing instead of his RM posts.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 9:58 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

Jorge's a great writer, I'm just glad he promotes his blog and music-writing instead of his RM posts.

well that particular quote isn't great writing at all. which is fine, but it comes across as if it's supposed to be.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 10:00 am 

WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

well that particular quote isn't great writing at all. which is fine, but it comes across as if it's supposed to be.

Don't they all? I mean DON'T THEY ALL? I write so much in this forum because I secretly hope some music magazine / journal has talent scouts scanning the Internet for new journalists.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 10:07 am 
AnalLog

WtOB? wrote:
it started out as a nice metaphor until he got out of control with "near-barren tundra" (tundras are always near-barren, you're just looking to use as many words as possible to impress yourself) and go with either "spiritless" or "ordinary", using both here was again just looking for as many words as possible...

He... is... Ed?! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 10:08 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
harmless wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

Don't they all? I mean DON'T THEY ALL? I write so much in this forum because I secretly hope some music magazine / journal has talent scouts scanning the Internet for new journalists.

i'd recruit you, harmy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 58  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam