10%
Future Days
1%

Total votes : 328

Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread

Thu July 12, 2018 7:38 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Infallible is a mood killer even on the album.

yeah, what a buzzkill. i love the beginning. but, ya'know.

remember when they soundchecked it before LB came out, and everyone was FREAKING OUT how great it seemed to sound.

Oh yeah, it sounded good in the LP clip before the release of the album too. And then....well.

and then.... welcome the first guest appearance on a PJ album: Mrs Christina Aguilera!

Thu July 12, 2018 10:42 pm

evenslow wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Infallible is a mood killer even on the album.

Yes, but in the context of truly great songs in a concert setting, it's twice the mood killer.

:shake:

Thu July 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Y'all are out of your goddamn minds.

Thu July 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Tough crowd. I like Infallible. I pretty much like all of this album, except I very much dislike Future Days, and while I like the music and the concept around Sirens, there’s something about Eddie Vedder’s vocal performance that is off putting to me. I think this had the trappings of a great song but got ruined somewhere. I think it would have done better with a Nothing As It Seems vibe than a hammy ballad.

Thu July 12, 2018 11:05 pm

I’ve seen I think, three different killer pj shows where infallible very much derailed the set and it was tangible in the room. Play it back to back with tremor Christ and it might work. They have a similar rhythm I think. People like tremor Christ though.

Fri July 13, 2018 1:07 am

dimejinky99 wrote:I’ve seen I think, three different killer pj shows where infallible very much derailed the set and it was tangible in the room. Play it back to back with tremor Christ and it might work. They have a similar rhythm I think. People like tremor Christ though.

Cause its a far better song with groove, better lyrics, more interesting guitar work, and a crescendo that is top notch.

Infallible is great on the album but it absolutely sucks live. Ed cannot sing it worth a darn and the guitars are very uninteresting. The production on the album actually shines it up and makes it much better than it really is.

Fri July 13, 2018 2:26 am

liebzz wrote:Tough crowd. I like Infallible. I pretty much like all of this album, except I very much dislike Future Days, and while I like the music and the concept around Sirens, there’s something about Eddie Vedder’s vocal performance that is off putting to me. I think this had the trappings of a great song but got ruined somewhere. I think it would have done better with a Nothing As It Seems vibe than a hammy ballad.

Future Days is the worst PJ song ever. I prefer Olympic Platinum.

Fri July 13, 2018 11:47 am

VinylGuy wrote:
liebzz wrote:Tough crowd. I like Infallible. I pretty much like all of this album, except I very much dislike Future Days, and while I like the music and the concept around Sirens, there’s something about Eddie Vedder’s vocal performance that is off putting to me. I think this had the trappings of a great song but got ruined somewhere. I think it would have done better with a Nothing As It Seems vibe than a hammy ballad.

Future Days is the worst PJ song ever. I prefer Olympic Platinum.

This! I mean, it hurts more than Lucky Town and Human Touch combined.

Fri July 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:I’ve seen I think, three different killer pj shows where infallible very much derailed the set and it was tangible in the room. Play it back to back with tremor Christ and it might work. They have a similar rhythm I think. People like tremor Christ though.

Cause its a far better song with groove, better lyrics, more interesting guitar work, and a crescendo that is top notch.

Infallible is great on the album but it absolutely sucks live. Ed cannot sing it worth a darn and the guitars are very uninteresting. The production on the album actually shines it up and makes it much better than it really is.

Yeah, this. I really wanted to like Infallible, because I could sense they were trying to at least go somewhere different with it but it just never took off for me.

We'll always have that incredibly murky/intriguing performance of it recorded through cement walls during a soundcheck though. :peace:

Mon October 15, 2018 12:12 pm

5 years ago today!!!!

Mon October 15, 2018 7:41 pm

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/0ld5xJ7-J5E?t=94[/YouTube]

Mon October 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Go to 1.36......

I can't believe THAT was 5 years ago...

Mon October 15, 2018 8:57 pm

so, it's Stone's fault.

Tue October 16, 2018 1:25 am

this album is awesome! never! stop! jamming! so glad Of The Earth wasn't on it! I hate guitar solos! More Casio Keyboard!

Tue October 16, 2018 9:28 am

96583UP wrote:this album is awesome! never! stop! jamming! so glad Of The Earth wasn't on it! I hate guitar solos! More Casio Keyboard!

Gold!!

Tue October 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Seeing this hit 5 years...they really need a new album, if for nothing else for RM to immediately lament what happened to this band and wish for the good old days of Backspacer and the avocado album.

Tue October 16, 2018 4:30 pm

5 years is a long time without new material yes. I blame Stone and Eddie for this.

Tue October 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Would like a change in style - small or big, whatever. Anything other than Backspacer 3.0, please.

Tue October 16, 2018 7:21 pm

When this album came out I thought it was better than Backspacer but I was dead wrong. Backspacer is much better. I just had a shock when I heard Backspacer because it was the first thing I heard after Ten (because it released in Rock Band) and I was shocked at how un-Pearl-Jam the band sounded.

But really its a better album than LB is. I despise MYM, and though I liked Sirens when it came out I've cooled on it. LB is the best live song but the rest of the album doesn't add much (Pendulum is a pretty good opener)

Tue October 16, 2018 8:05 pm

that might be the most reasonable MJD post i've ever read
Post a reply