The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494  Next

You Know What To Do!
Getaway 13%  13%  [ 42 ]
Mind Your Manners 2%  2%  [ 7 ]
My Father's Son 11%  11%  [ 37 ]
Sirens 7%  7%  [ 23 ]
Lightning Bolt 6%  6%  [ 20 ]
Infallible 12%  12%  [ 39 ]
Pendulum 26%  26%  [ 83 ]
Swallowed Whole 7%  7%  [ 21 ]
Let the Records Play 2%  2%  [ 7 ]
Sleeping By Myself 2%  2%  [ 7 ]
Yellow Moon 10%  10%  [ 32 ]
Future Days 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 322
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 02, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15073
Also, listened to BS on saturday and i fuckin love it.

The first 4 tracks are so fucking good and fun. Just Breathe...well, it get the love on that one i just dont want to listen to it anymore. But after that its all good man. Even a song like UK is ok when you actually get into it.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 02, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22436
Yeah backspacer has a lot more to enjoy than lightning bolt for me personally.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 03, 2018 7:09 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:02 am
Posts: 454
Location: Netherlands
True. Atleast BS is trying something new in the PJ catalogue. it's their fun or pop record. LB is just BS II with some nice Ament experiments.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 03, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15073
I guess the middle songs in LB are very hit or miss. Sometimes i appreciate what they are doing sometimes they just bore me, im talking about Infallible, SW, Let The Records Play and the studio version of LB. They all seem like minor songs or flawed ones. There are things i like about them, the guitars in Infallible, Ed´s vocals in SW, Mike and Stone interplay in LTRP but its not enough to go back to them often.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 03, 2018 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67125
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Infallible is.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22436
durdencommatyler wrote:
Infallible is.



Set killer

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:02 am
Posts: 454
Location: Netherlands
Pendulum was a leftover from BS. Kinda telling that the best song from LB is a leftover from BS....... :?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2174
MFS is still awesome.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18224
Location: Seattle, WA
they really stopped playing the majority of this album , huh?






:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 10:37 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:02 am
Posts: 454
Location: Netherlands
bodysnatcher wrote:
they really stopped playing the majority of this album , huh?






:thumbsup:



That's not really a surprise is it... They have been dropping albumtracks ever since the 1996/98 tours. I mean on the album supporting tour they play lots of new albumtracks. Only to drop most of these tracks on the following tours. Basically most setlists are as follows: 'All your favorite tracks from Ten, Vs and Vitalogy with the addition of DTE and GTF. Plus a selection of deep albumcuts and rarities from No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act, LD, S/T, BS and LB'

I'm actually surprised that MYM seems the be the only post-Yield song that is a steady contribution to every setlist. Let's see what happens with it after the release of their next album.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
joostone wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
they really stopped playing the majority of this album , huh?






:thumbsup:



That's not really a surprise is it... They have been dropping albumtracks ever since the 1996/98 tours. I mean on the album supporting tour they play lots of new albumtracks. Only to drop most of these tracks on the following tours. Basically most setlists are as follows: 'All your favorite tracks from Ten, Vs and Vitalogy with the addition of DTE and GTF. Plus a selection of deep albumcuts and rarities from No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act, LD, S/T, BS and LB'

I'm actually surprised that MYM seems the be the only post-Yield song that is a steady contribution to every setlist. Let's see what happens with it after the release of their next album.

MYM and LB are the two that have staying power from LB. And they're both fun so that's cool with me.

Will agree with dime that I found Infallible to be a set killer each time I heard it. It just doesn't go anywhere live to sustain interest.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67125
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Infallible is.



Set killer

:gomez:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67125
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
joostone wrote:
Pendulum was a leftover from BS. Kinda telling that the best song from LB is a leftover from BS....... :?

If Pendulum had been on Backspacer, then Backspacer would still be Pearl Jam's worst album.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15073
Infallible is a mood killer even on the album.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1388
Location: CT
Leatherhead wrote:
MFS is still awesome.


you spelled "MFC" wrong


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18224
Location: Seattle, WA
VinylGuy wrote:
Infallible is a mood killer even on the album.


yeah, what a buzzkill. i love the beginning. but, ya'know.

remember when they soundchecked it before LB came out, and everyone was FREAKING OUT how great it seemed to sound.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36386
Location: Mountains
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Infallible is a mood killer even on the album.


yeah, what a buzzkill. i love the beginning. but, ya'know.

remember when they soundchecked it before LB came out, and everyone was FREAKING OUT how great it seemed to sound.

ITS LIKE TREMOR CHRIST!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18224
Location: Seattle, WA
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Infallible is a mood killer even on the album.


yeah, what a buzzkill. i love the beginning. but, ya'know.

remember when they soundchecked it before LB came out, and everyone was FREAKING OUT how great it seemed to sound.

ITS LIKE TREMOR CHRIST!


:haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
VinylGuy wrote:
Infallible is a mood killer even on the album.

Yes, but in the context of truly great songs in a concert setting, it's twice the mood killer.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15073
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Infallible is a mood killer even on the album.


yeah, what a buzzkill. i love the beginning. but, ya'know.

remember when they soundchecked it before LB came out, and everyone was FREAKING OUT how great it seemed to sound.


Oh yeah, it sounded good in the LP clip before the release of the album too. And then....well.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun November 18, 2018 8:16 am