Mon June 08, 2015 10:14 pm

I love Sirens so much.

Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread

Mon June 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Strat wrote:I love Sirens so much.

Me too, friend.

Mon June 08, 2015 10:33 pm

I put lightning bolt on for the drive home and got to hear Ellie belt out sirens

Mon June 08, 2015 10:35 pm

stip wrote:I put lightning bolt on for the drive home and got to hear Ellie belt out sirens

Hearts are melting.

How does she feel about Skipping?

Mon June 08, 2015 11:06 pm

I should play it for her

Mon June 08, 2015 11:07 pm

What kind of father are you?!

Wed June 10, 2015 11:24 am

second half still doesnt work for me..

Wed June 10, 2015 1:11 pm

I think "Sleeping By Myself" is my favorite or second favorite song on the album. Is that wrong? Outside of that, and MYM, and MFS, I don't really care for the album all that much. I used to like Lightning Bolt (the song), but other than that first guitar solo, not so much anymore. It's been since April 2014 since I've listened to the album in it's entirety, and at this point, I don't have any desire to go back. Sorry to be a hater, but I feel how I feel, ya know?

Wed June 10, 2015 2:10 pm

By RM standards that's hardly hating. Although if it's been a year you might be surprised.

Sleeping By Myself is a wonderful song. It's quite possibly my third favorite on the album

Sun June 14, 2015 2:09 am

SBM is nicely done, but one thing irks me so much - and it's the lack of quality control/caring on one particular part of the recording.

it's been discussed, but the vocals in verse after the bridge are a god damn train wreck. "i believe in love and..." the next word is supposed to be "disaster", but it's completely unintelligible. how could bo'b/ed/the band/anyone involved all hear that and not one of them say.. hang on guys, we need to punch-in a new vocal there.. eddie choked on his tongue there for a sec.

that 4-5 seconds almost ruins the whole album for me. like seriously, no one caught that? how hard were you really trying?

Sun June 14, 2015 2:14 am

dprival78 wrote:SBM is nicely done, but one thing irks me so much - and it's the lack of quality control/caring on one particular part of the recording.

it's been discussed, but the vocals in verse after the bridge are a god damn train wreck. "i believe in love and..." the next word is supposed to be "disaster", but it's completely unintelligible. how could bo'b/ed/the band/anyone involved all hear that and not one of them say.. hang on guys, we need to punch-in a new vocal there.. eddie choked on his tongue there for a sec.

that 4-5 seconds almost ruins the whole album for me

viewtopic.php?p=234626#p234626

Sun June 14, 2015 2:22 am

maybe it's supposed to be ironic

the lyric is 'disaster', the delivery is a disaster

Sun June 14, 2015 2:25 am

Sun June 14, 2015 3:32 am

I just listened to Sleeping by myself - Yellow MOon - and now im on Future days...

Im actually enjoying this.

Ive always thought SBM and Yellow Moon are pretty good songs though.

Sun June 14, 2015 3:32 am

The problem with lightning bolt (for me) is that ....

We've been and done that.

Sun June 14, 2015 6:39 am

dprival78 wrote:SBM is nicely done, but one thing irks me so much - and it's the lack of quality control/caring on one particular part of the recording.

that 4-5 seconds almost ruins the whole album for me. like seriously, no one caught that? how hard were you really trying?

I have tried hearing this SOOOOO much, you guys are crazy. All I hear is "disaster." Sure, it sounds a bit rough or whatever, but definitely not the "god damn train wreck" so many are claiming. Sounds fine.

Sun June 14, 2015 3:33 pm

It's pretty annoying. I never noticed it until it was pointed out to me (not that I listen to anything from Lightning Bolt very often) but now I can't unhear it.

Sun June 14, 2015 3:41 pm

I had no idea this was a thing. Never bothered me. Still doesn't bother me. I actually don't really understand why it would bother anyone. Strange.

Sun June 14, 2015 3:47 pm

what is SBM? spin the black merkin?

Sun June 14, 2015 3:48 pm

sleeping by myself
Post a reply