2%
Yellow Moon
10%
Future Days
1%

Total votes : 328

Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread

Sat December 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Kaius wrote:Pendulum is hypnotically wonderful. I still don't get the "better than RA" talk, they're so different. Y WE ALL CANT AGREE?!

yeah, you are right they are pretty different, i guess i dont really like RA much because of what could have been in my mind.

Sat December 21, 2013 11:14 pm

southp wrote:
Kaius wrote:Pendulum is hypnotically wonderful. I still don't get the "better than RA" talk, they're so different. Y WE ALL CANT AGREE?!

Picking a favourite PJ album is like picking a favourite child or favourite Star Wars movie. You don't want to say one is better than the other, but you can't ignore the fact that one of them has Jar Jar in it dragging it down. Riot Act has a handful of Jar Jars.

I was with you until the bolded bit.

LTRP is so much worse than Jar Jar. It actually makes me want to give Jar Jar a hug, maybe even a grope, and say come back, all is forgiven.

Sat December 21, 2013 11:15 pm

harmless wrote:
southp wrote:

Picking a favourite PJ album is like picking a favourite child or favourite Star Wars movie. You don't want to say one is better than the other, but you can't ignore the fact that one of them has Jar Jar in it dragging it down. Riot Act has a handful of Jar Jars.

LTRP is so much worse than Jar Jar. It actually makes me want to give Jar Jar a hug, maybe even a grope, and say come back, all is forgiven.

LTRP is better than Get Right.

Sat December 21, 2013 11:15 pm

harmless wrote:
southp wrote:

:haha: :haha:

He's a poor miserable soul who deserves another chance, doesn't he?

Sun December 22, 2013 12:02 am

southp wrote:

Oh, see, now you're just trying to piss me off!

Sun December 22, 2013 1:00 am

southp wrote:Picking a favourite PJ album is like picking a favourite child

I hope this ends up on a certain twitter account...

Sun December 22, 2013 1:08 am

Has this album come out yet?

Sun December 22, 2013 1:20 am

Lament wrote:

Pearl Jam albums are like children: the last few you popped out are ugly as shit, but everybody keeps that rictus grin on their face and tells you how cute they are.

Sun December 22, 2013 1:22 am

McParadigm wrote:
Lament wrote:

Pearl Jam albums are like children: the last few you popped out are ugly as shit, but everybody keeps that rictus grin on their face and tells you how cute they are.

Pearl Jam albums are like children; Skitch doesn't want to have sex with his wife while she's carrying them.

Sun December 22, 2013 1:29 am

Lament wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Lament wrote:

Pearl Jam albums are like children; Skitch doesn't want to have sex with his wife while she's carrying them.

Pearl Jam albums are like someone else's children that you "borrow" for a little casual fun.

I emphasize you, as I want no part of this predatory nightmare.

Sun December 22, 2013 1:32 am

McParadigm wrote:
Lament wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Lament wrote:

Pearl Jam albums are like someone else's children that you "borrow" for a little casual fun.

Pearl Jam albums are like children. If they're at least 18 years old then it's all good.

Sun December 22, 2013 8:00 am

I listen to music mostly in my car. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this album sounds with soon-to-come new car stereo equipment. I think it's gonna be significantly better.

Sun December 22, 2013 8:16 am

Haven't spun this for weeks. :-|

Sun December 22, 2013 10:32 am

pendulum might be my favorite now. I can't decide between it or MYM

Sun December 22, 2013 10:42 am

Just checking in. This is where I'm at.

LB is their most challenging since No Code. And their best since Yield.

Sun December 22, 2013 11:57 am

Lament wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Lament wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Lament wrote:

Pearl Jam albums are like children. If they're at least 18 years old then it's all good.

Pearl Jam fans are like parents who won't shut up about their children, you just want to punch them in the face.

Sun December 22, 2013 3:45 pm

this meme is really taking off guys

Sun December 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Taking off guys what

Sun December 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Image Image

Sun December 22, 2013 3:51 pm

sound combination.