Future Days
1%

Total votes : 328

Re: Lightning Bolt: The Official Album Thread

Mon October 07, 2013 9:04 pm

"Let the Records Play" is really bad.

I like Lightning Bolt chorus a lot more than I thought I would - much tighter than the live version. The little arpeggio bit is nice. Some interesting bits of percussion (tambourine). Is a more interesting song than I had given it credit for. I can hear the Stone "ear candy" too. Lots of little sounds, reminds me of Yield.

MFS. Hmm...

Mon October 07, 2013 9:05 pm

It's a minor point, but why fade out the piano on Future Days to end the record? It could have very elegantly been played to a definitive end.

theplatypus wrote:"Let the Records Play" is really bad.

I like the verses but it's that chorus... :shake:

klvitalogy wrote:It's a minor point, but why fade out the piano on Future Days to end the record? It could have very elegantly been played to a definitive end.

O'BRIEN'D

Mon October 07, 2013 9:06 pm

solace wrote:
Jaeti wrote:Really glad I didn't listen to the Wrigley Future Days. I think I'm going to like this song since I didn't spend the past two months hating it.

it's still my least favorite song on the album sadly... that 'Sleeping By Myself' and 'Let The Records Play'

Yeah those 3 are sticking out as clunkers to me.

Off topic - It's hard for me to fully appreciate this stuff because the Pirates are being no-hit in their playoff game. A few runs by them and this album will sound a lot better.

On topic - MFS is a really cool little song but there are some wacky transitions here. MFS-Sirens and Pendulum-SW are a bit jarring.

Onto LB. Still unsure about this one...

theplatypus wrote:
klvitalogy wrote:It's a minor point, but why fade out the piano on Future Days to end the record? It could have very elegantly been played to a definitive end.

O'BRIEN'D

That's my favourite fadeout on the album.

Iowaska_Experience wrote:
stip wrote:
Iowaska_Experience wrote:Stip - can this really be considered a leak still?

yeah. It is commercially available material.

Understood, but I was more asking about the No Leak Club and their feelings on this. I only directed it to you b/c you mentioned the word leak.

My No Leakness is more about having a physical copy in hand. If it arrives in the mail today, I'll absolutely listen to it. But I want the whole package experience. I want to open the thing up and smell it and feel it in my hand and drop the needle and scan the artwork and lyrics while I listen. It's a more complete sensory experience. With most bands I don't really care. But I keep my Pearl Jam precious.

Mon October 07, 2013 9:07 pm

One time through, this album's all over the place in the sequencing.
Pendulum, Swallowed Whole, and Yellow Moon were all the standouts first time through.

durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:

Understood, but I was more asking about the No Leak Club and their feelings on this. I only directed it to you b/c you mentioned the word leak.

My No Leakness is more about having a physical copy in hand. If it arrives in the mail today, I'll absolutely listen to it. But I want the whole package experience. I want to open the thing up and smell it and feel it in my hand and drop the needle and scan the artwork and lyrics while I listen. It's a more complete sensory experience. With most bands I don't really care. But I keep my Pearl Jam precious.

I wish I had such self control :lol:

durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:

"My optimal music experience involves a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the music"

LetMeSleep wrote:
solace wrote:
Jaeti wrote:Really glad I didn't listen to the Wrigley Future Days. I think I'm going to like this song since I didn't spend the past two months hating it.

it's still my least favorite song on the album sadly... that 'Sleeping By Myself' and 'Let The Records Play'

Yeah those 3 are sticking out as clunkers to me.

I might agree with you on that, but given how little I actually dislike these songs - I'm pretty pleased with this album overall

harmless wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

O'BRIEN'D

That's my favourite fadeout on the album.

Let's rank the fadeouts!

Mon October 07, 2013 9:08 pm

On to "Sleeping By Myself". Weird.

Harmy, how ya liking SMB? Sounds exactly like I was hoping it would (that's a good thing)!

MFS sounds very much like a Soundgarden song from DOTU

It's the verses in LB. meh.

theplatypus wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:

"My optimal music experience involves a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the music"

:shake:
Post a reply