1 Star
No votes

Total votes : 115

Re: Vs: Official Album thread

Thu October 26, 2017 3:59 am

Lots of truth there, McP.

Fri November 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Listened to this for the first time in probably two or three years the other day.

My biggest takeaway:
Phenomenal performances/production of a collection of uneven songs. Some are great/all-timers. Others are decent to bad. Inconsistent, but enjoyable.

Fri November 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Listened to this for the first time in probably two or three years the other day.

My biggest takeaway:
Phenomenal performances/production of a collection of uneven songs. Some are great/all-timers. Others are decent to bad. Inconsistent, but enjoyable.

I don't think there are any bad songs on Vs. However, I'm not a huge fan of Leash, Elderly Woman, or Dissident, but I don't think any of them are bad. I always thought WMA and Glorified G are better than most people seem to give them credit for.

Sun April 15, 2018 6:52 am

I know Dissident doesn’t get a lot of love around these parts, but what’s not to love about this song? I don’t get it.

Sun April 15, 2018 7:24 am

Face melted off

Sun April 15, 2018 7:25 am

I love Dissident

Sun April 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Tomorrow is the two year anniversary of the Greenville show in which they played Vs. and Ruddo’s and my eyes locked from afar.

Sun April 15, 2018 1:30 pm

More than any other album of theirs this album to me is a collection of great tracks and probably what I would define mainstream Pearl Jam to be.

As a younger fan, this was my initial favorite and the album that got me really into them.

Sun April 15, 2018 5:01 pm

chewm wrote:I love Dissident

Hell yes

Sun April 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Would the two assholes who rated this 3 stars please identity themselves

Mon April 16, 2018 12:17 am

Bammer wrote:Would the two assholes who rated this 3 stars please identity themselves

Don't know who those two people are but I'm the third one

Mon April 16, 2018 2:23 pm

theplatypus wrote:
Bammer wrote:Would the two assholes who rated this 3 stars please identity themselves

Don't know who those two people are but I'm the third one

Make me the 4th.

Sat October 20, 2018 10:24 am

So Vs turned 25 this week and pj are doing a track by track commentary today on Sirius.

No idea how to listen to that but could be good

Sat October 20, 2018 11:52 am

dimejinky99 wrote:So Vs turned 25 this week and pj are doing a track by track commentary today on Sirius.

I listened last night. It is mostly Stone and Eddie and sometimes Jeff talking before each song about when they wrote and recorded each song. Eddie was mostly cryptic but Stone gave good insight. They also talked about Crazy Mary since they recorded it then, and how there is a version of it they recorded all crammed into the sauna that Ed was camped out in because he didn't want to stay in the house with the band

Sat October 20, 2018 1:05 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:So Vs turned 25 this week and pj are doing a track by track commentary today on Sirius.

I listened last night. It is mostly Stone and Eddie and sometimes Jeff talking before each song about when they wrote and recorded each song. Eddie was mostly cryptic but Stone gave good insight. They also talked about Crazy Mary since they recorded it then, and how there is a version of it they recorded all crammed into the sauna that Ed was camped out in because he didn't want to stay in the house with the band

I had never heard the Small Town demo they just played, which was cool; Stone was saying they were all in cabins while recording the record. One day, he heard Ed singing Small Town and later encouraged him to bring the song to the band. Stone said Ed was a reluctant song writer at first, probably as he was new to the band and others were handling most of the writing.

Stone is great in these 25th anniversary interviews - he's a real thoughtful guy. Recalls why I was a member of Stone's Bitch thread from way back goof times, we are all getting old. :peace:

Sat October 20, 2018 3:28 pm

damn i wanna hear those.

Ill try to find them.

Sat October 20, 2018 4:16 pm

We sure have grown up. I totally idolised ed in that period being all true to the music and sleeping in his truck ‘to get closer to the music you can’t make music in all that five star luxury’ I find that totally pretentious and ugly bare icon self marketing now ...biut now we have ed travelling around on private jets and charging €100 a ticket for a show.

They’re both kind of appalling to me now. But in his position now, I would be no different and I guess that’s what rankles

Sat October 20, 2018 10:41 pm

i guess ed grew up too. I always felt he was coming from a sincere place back in the day when he did that or travelled in a van in the No Code era. Around Yield he backed from all that.

Its fine he did that back in the day and he is doing differently these days.

Sat October 20, 2018 11:13 pm

Before animal, Ed said "those lyrics weren't included with the rest. I didn't want to talk about them then, and I don't now"

Sat October 20, 2018 11:58 pm

Found those clips, ill be listening to them later.
Post a reply