The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Wreckage (so far)
5 stars 50%  50%  [ 52 ]
4 stars 40%  40%  [ 42 ]
3 stars 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
2 stars 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
1 star 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 105
 Post subject: Re: Wreckage
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 10:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Ed's "combing through the wreckage" at 4:45

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 10:56 pm 
AnalLog

Tj wrote:
A nice song? A nice song? Come it is force a stunning force of everything I needed in this album a 5 star tear jerker that turns that sadness somehow to joy. Leaving you to realize thing are how they will be. Ed's vocal at 350 Jeff is tight with Ed and Matt equally. Mike's guitar caresses Ed's pain doubling it but resolving it . Stone checks in looking over all. My God it is great. Oh and with all of that it's not the best song on here

I love all the parts you pointed out.

I first listened while watching with lyrics. Then just by itself, but hearing it after React, Respond was even more stunning. A 5 star song, for sure.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 11:04 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Tj wrote:
A nice song? A nice song? Come it is force a stunning force of everything I needed in this album a 5 star tear jerker that turns that sadness somehow to joy. Leaving you to realize thing are how they will be. Ed's vocal at 350 Jeff is tight with Ed and Matt equally. Mike's guitar caresses Ed's pain doubling it but resolving it . Stone checks in looking over all. My God it is great. Oh and with all of that it's not the best song on here

Ha, this day one exuberance is what I’m here for… :hooray:

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 11:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Nice enough song but a momentum killer in the live show

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 11:37 pm 
Rank This Poster

I kind of wish there was one more verse. That's the best part and there's only the two. The verses and the outro are where it's at. The rest is pretty good, too!

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 11:38 pm 
The worst

there is room in the slow opening mini set if they keep that (they should)

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 11:41 pm 
Posting (live)

Please create a song by Pearl Jam in the style of Full Moon Fever Tom Petty about being a survivor whilst others have crashed and burned. Add some backing vocals for colour.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 11:44 pm 
The Master

Like, you just fucking know it's gonna take off but it takes a bit to get there. Just edging me for almost 3 minutes.

It quietly rumbles beneath the surface before it finally just takes off and brings us with. Tears and all.

Fucking so good

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 11:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

second time PJ names a song i think its going to be a rocker and nope...the other time being Buckle Up

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 12:15 am 
AnalLog

LetMeSleep wrote:
Please create a song by Pearl Jam in the style of Full Moon Fever Tom Petty about being a survivor whilst others have crashed and burned. Add some backing vocals for colour.

fire up the wotbot2000

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 12:46 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

VinylGuy wrote:
second time PJ names a song i think its going to be a rocker and nope...the other time being Buckle Up

A title like Buckle Up suggests the sonic output of Running.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 12:55 am 
Banned from the Pit

Listened to it a couple of times now - my favorite of the 3 singles so far. Probably one of the best medium/slow tempo songs they've done in the last few albums. The 2nd half of the song is really great and you can understand eddie which is always a bonus.

Had music on in the background and the 3 singles came on and found myself enjoying them all so the other 2 have grown on me (although running is still clearly the least favorite)

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 1:52 am 
AnalLog

Coach wrote:
Ed's "combing through the wreckage" at 4:45

Can't get enough of this song. I get uncontrollable chills through the outro. It really is an amazing feeling to hear the band firing on all cylinders

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 3:34 am 
Rank This Poster

pretty night and day compared to the other two singles to me (i mean it in the best way possible, i thought i was gonna have to sit this one out after listening to those songs), slightly too much of a radio pop rock song for my tastes, but really sweet little song, love the last minute

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 7:15 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I just gave this a listen. I like it much better than "Dark Matter" and "Running," especially the prechorus. Truth be told I'm not crazy about the vocal melody in the verses, it feels boring and ordinary to me. But I like the chorus, because it leaves some empty space, because it's just one line, because it comes late in the song and sounds legitimately mournful

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 10:32 am 
The worst

Jorge wrote:
I just gave this a listen. I like it much better than "Dark Matter" and "Running," especially the prechorus. Truth be told I'm not crazy about the vocal melody in the verses, it feels boring and ordinary to me. But I like the chorus, because it leaves some empty space, because it's just one line, because it comes late in the song and sounds legitimately mournful

Ohhh, I really like the vocal melody in the verse. Probably my favorite element in the song on early listens

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 11:06 am 
AnalLog

Jorge wrote:

Have you not heard the full album yet? I was wondering why we don't see any posts from you in the main album thread.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 12:05 pm 
Rank This Poster

Jorge wrote:
I'm not crazy about the vocal melody in the verses

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 12:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

stip wrote:
there is room in the slow opening mini set if they keep that (they should)

Maybe? It's got a of lot strong parts but it's a bit of a downer lyrically and I can see this being like Thumbing where fans are like "cool" for about 60 seconds then on to "uhhh... next".

Last edited by Bi_3 on Thu April 18, 2024 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2024 12:13 pm 
AnalLog

To be completely honest, I wasn't sold on this one like most of you were after hearing the 30 seconds clip. The first listen of this on the phone recording also didn't really strike me. I mean, it was nice enough but nowhere near a favourite. Now, with the lyrics available and the good quality leak, it has grown on me plenty. Still not one of my favourites, just a notch below. The second half of the song really adds to the overall package. 4.5 stars.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam