The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 110  Next

Rate the Song
5 Stars 8%  8%  [ 12 ]
4 Stars 19%  19%  [ 29 ]
3 Stars 47%  47%  [ 73 ]
2 Stars 20%  20%  [ 31 ]
1 Star 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 154
 Post subject: Re: Running
PostPosted: Thu April 04, 2024 10:16 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Or Barney. Or Smithers. Lots of good options.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 3:54 pm 
A Return To Form

Running is what I was hoping the album Lightning Bolt would be like. Maybe not a whole album of spritzy punkers but at least more fun energy sprinkled throughout. This song is growing on me.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 4:00 pm 
AnalLog

oftheearth wrote:
Running is what I was hoping the album Lightning Bolt would be like. Maybe not a whole album of spritzy punkers but at least more fun energy sprinkled throughout. This song is growing on me.

There's a lot more there than it seems on first listen.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 4:06 pm 
AnalLog

RockPusher wrote:
oftheearth wrote:

There's a lot more there than it seems on first listen.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 4:18 pm 
Broken Tamborine

This is now a 4 star song for me...I love any song that can get people this worked up
Plus...I learned this one on guitar last night. Got to say...that bridge is fun as hell to play
Clearly the band wasn't swinging for the fences on this one.
I bet this was just a fun track for a bunch of dudes to jam out on.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 6:37 pm 
A Return To Form

Clem Halibut wrote:
This is now a 4 star song for me...I love any song that can get people this worked up
Plus...I learned this one on guitar last night. Got to say...that bridge is fun as hell to play
Clearly the band wasn't swinging for the fences on this one.
I bet this was just a fun track for a bunch of dudes to jam out on.

I'm not sure the right terminology but I kind of love that blasted out guitar feedback that comes in as they are changing chords in the chorus. It's sort of a feedback screech but you can tell the guitars are LOUD.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 7:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

At the end of the day, 65 percent of the people here rated it a 3 or 4. It's a popular one. It's good. Play it loud. Yes, the bridge is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 7:27 pm 
Production Police

Coach wrote:
At the end of the day, 65 percent of the people here rated it a 3 or 4. It's a popular one. It's good. Play it loud. Yes, the bridge is awesome.

More people rated it 1/2 than 4/5. There's a big bellweather for number 3 but that will soften with time and reason.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 7:38 pm 
The worst

could be. people could also move up in the context of the album if/when its a fun little moment amidst more important songs.

i could see it going either way

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 7:43 pm 
She / Her

it will inevitably go Trag's way, all things do, it says so in the Bible:

"all things work for the good of Trag who hates Pearl Jam" - Tragonometry 5 vs 1

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 7:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
Coach wrote:

More people rated it 1/2 than 4/5. There's a big bellweather for number 3 but that will soften with time and reason.

It would be interesting to run a poll for a song when it first comes out, and then poll it again a year later, because the numbers for Gigaton and Lightning Bolt songs don’t seem to have changed much. Sirens still has like 62% of users ranking it a 4 or a 5, even though it is quite clearly not a song but in fact a harsh punishment.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 7:59 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Ms Harmless wrote:

"all things work for the good of Trag who hates Pearl Jam" - Tragonometry 5 vs 1

and it doesnt happen he will rant at some cloud about being cloudy

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 8:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

VinylGuy wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

and it doesnt happen he will rant at some cloud about being cloudy

He's going to be so embarrassed when this song wins the March Madness tournament 10 years from now.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 8:03 pm 
The worst

McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Coach wrote:

It would be interesting to run a poll for a song when it first comes out, and then poll it again a year later, because the numbers for Gigaton and Lightning Bolt songs don’t seem to have changed much. Sirens still has like 62% of users ranking it a 4 or a 5, even though it is quite clearly not a song but in fact a harsh punishment.

i was out at lunch today and Bryan Adams ‘heaven’ came on and I thought ‘this is a pretty good song’. And then i thought about Sirens.

True story

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 8:22 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah Sirens is pretty cool

i dont see myself thinking this is is more than a 3 stars song in the future. I enjoy it as a single, i really like the energy and the bridge/ending but thats about it.

I dont quite like them when they do this fast punk numbers and i would agree that the band sounds like every band of this type sometimes on this one. It could be Eddie Vedder feat Supersuckers or Sum 41.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 8:36 pm 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Coach wrote:

Yeah but the data would be so flawed. We get an influx of users whenever a new album comes out, then they never return. Lots of jamily carpetbagging going on with those polls.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 8:39 pm 
AnalLog

I'm back to a 3. I made the mistake of playing this in my car, got annoyed with the sound and in reality this style of PJ song isn't my favorite. However.....I can't get it out of my head.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 8:44 pm 
Production Police

The earworm argument is so bogus though. Lots of commercial jingles still lodged in my brain are still creatively bankrupt.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 8:52 pm 
She / Her

stip wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Coach wrote:

i was out at lunch today and Bryan Adams ‘heaven’ came on and I thought ‘this is a pretty good song’. And then i thought about Sirens.

True story

I unironically love both songs

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2024 8:55 pm 
She / Her

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Coach wrote:

Yeah but the data would be so flawed. We get an influx of users whenever a new album comes out, then they never return. Lots of jamily carpetbagging going on with those polls.

results are immediately falsified if anyone outside RM contributes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 110  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam