The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671, 672 ... 705  Next

Rank Dark Matter
5 Stars 61%  61%  [ 112 ]
4 Stars 29%  29%  [ 53 ]
3 Stars 8%  8%  [ 14 ]
2 Stars 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
2 Star 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
%#*! Andrew Watt 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 184
 Post subject: Re: Dark Matter: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 1:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mike wrote:

Such a good transition

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 1:06 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

WtOB? wrote:
surely the marc maron podcast would be a great fit for these guys?

ugh i hope they dont that one. Marc is a terrible interviewer sometimes and he would ask all stuff we already know and even embarrass himself

¨so you guys were friends with Kurt?¨ ¨i love that Just Breathe song¨

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 1:07 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Looks like Eddie and Jeff will be on the Bill Simmons podcast at some point soon according to Instagram.

nice!

I really liked the one they did for Gigaton

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 1:09 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

VinylGuy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Looks like Eddie and Jeff will be on the Bill Simmons podcast at some point soon according to Instagram.

nice!

I really liked the one they did for Gigaton

yeah, that was a good time.

it was great when Bill kept calling it Gigatron.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 1:28 pm 
Rank This Poster

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Farmer John wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
It would be really weird if Howard didn't release clips of the songs played. He's done it for everyone.

You can watch ton of Green Day and Metallica clips from recent years

Unless the band made it a condition of the interview. They may not want it released

They have no problem releasing that clip of Ed trying to play the Waiting for Stevie riff, but no one must see that performance of Yellow Ledbetter :shake:

I'm not saying they won't. But usually the Stern show already has these song videos up this long after the interview. So I'm guessing the band has some say in it? Maybe they just want to approve it before it goes up?

Yeah, not sure what's going on there. I was expecting they'd be up by now. Hopefully they still get released. It would be cool to have some video of them performing in their cool rehearsal space.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 1:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Sometimes they release the songs a few days after the interviews. Not sure why, but they appear on friday. It also could be that the band doesnt want them released yes.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 1:47 pm 
A Return To Form

stip wrote:
i think we can make any potato based name changes happen

if someone can make me a zoidberg avatar holding a potato id switch

This is technically impossible because Zoidberg would eat the potato before the file could save.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 1:48 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

michaeldarren79 wrote:
Can somebody in the US please answer this question for an outsider. Does Howard Stern record and release vision of the entirety of his interviews on another platform other than YouTube? I'm aware that they upload snippets of interviews and full performances of songs. If in fact the whole interview and performance is released on video is there a link floating around?

The full interview is on the Sirius app if you have a subscription. There are also about a half-dozen video clips currently up on his YouTube channel.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:03 pm 
Production Police

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Farmer John wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
It would be really weird if Howard didn't release clips of the songs played. He's done it for everyone.

Unless the band made it a condition of the interview. They may not want it released

They have no problem releasing that clip of Ed trying to play the Waiting for Stevie riff, but no one must see that performance of Yellow Ledbetter :shake:

I'm not saying they won't. But usually the Stern show already has these song videos up this long after the interview. So I'm guessing the band has some say in it? Maybe they just want to approve it before it goes up?

I’d pay good money to not show the world how I look at 6am

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:09 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Farmer John wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:

I’d pay good money to not show the world how I look at 6am

4 am*

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:11 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ensign9 wrote:
michaeldarren79 wrote:
Can somebody in the US please answer this question for an outsider. Does Howard Stern record and release vision of the entirety of his interviews on another platform other than YouTube? I'm aware that they upload snippets of interviews and full performances of songs. If in fact the whole interview and performance is released on video is there a link floating around?

The full interview is on the Sirius app if you have a subscription. There are also about a half-dozen video clips currently up on his YouTube channel.

The full Ledbetter and Daughter performances are on the Sirius app as of this morning.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:12 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ensign9 wrote:
michaeldarren79 wrote:

The full Ledbetter and Daughter performances are on the Sirius app as of this morning.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:15 pm 
Future Drummer

At the very beginning of the stern show (two hours before the band comes on) Howard was playing a BUNCH of little Pearl Jam clips, trying to play Elderly Woman on guitar, and raving about Waiting for Stevie lol. He really seems to appreciate them.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:20 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Ed rocking some Fender Deluxe or hot rods of sorts.

They look very much like the 50s tweed Deluxes and Twin set-up he's been using for years, usually two Deluxes either side with the Twin in the middle:

However, they're not his old ones. To begin with, they're obviously new and covered in black tolex and he's also dropped the second Deluxe.

There's also a small badge in the bottom right corner of the Deluxe - interesting, it's in the exact same place as the "Tonemaster" badge on Fender's current digital amp range. That said, there is no Tonemaster version of the tweed Deluxe (or any tweed amp) in the current range.

A few possibilities:

1. Ed had Fender knock up a few new tweed Deluxe and Twin reissues for him but in black tolex for this tour (maybe doesn't want to bring the old ones on the road anymore).

2. Fender are bringing out some new Tonemaster tweed amps and threw Ed a few prototypes to try out. Not convinced about this necessarily, as Fender would almost certainly stick with the traditional aesthetics if that were the case.

3. Similar to The Edge's signature tweed Deluxe, maybe Fender are bringing out a Vedder signature in the near-ish future and these are instead prototypes of that?

I'm thinking 1 is most likely.

My brother is convinced its a tonemaster....

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:26 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Went back this morning and was listening to the Avocado sessions and demos (This can be found on You Tube) and there's a very similar vibe on those demos to Dark Matter
It's really striking to hear the band in it's unedited form. When you hear these demos the band is stretching out, jamming and letting the music take them wherever it leads
This seemed to be the approach on Dark Matter as well, where they kind of kept the tape rolling and didn't cut a song off just when it was gaining momentum
I really hope the Dark Matter approach of just sitting together in the same room and building the songs together continues into the next PJ album
The band is at it's very best when it puts the Jam back in Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:30 pm 
The Master

Clem Halibut wrote:
Went back this morning and was listening to the Avocado sessions and demos (This can be found on You Tube) and there's a very similar vibe on those demos to Dark Matter
It's really striking to hear the band in it's unedited form. When you hear these demos the band is stretching out, jamming and letting the music take them wherever it leads
This seemed to be the approach on Dark Matter as well, where they kind of kept the tape rolling and didn't cut a song off just when it was gaining momentum
I really hope the Dark Matter approach of just sitting together in the same room and building the songs together continues into the next PJ album

I believe stone talked about this on the broken record podcast. Talking about how getting in the room together again to write without any real fleshed out songs was so much fun and bountiful. I believe he said "i dont ever want to go back to the old way again".

So, heres to hoping!

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:31 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Clem Halibut wrote:

I believe stone talked about this on the broken record podcast. Talking about how getting in the room together again to write without any real fleshed out songs was so much fun and bountiful. I believe he said "i dont ever want to go back to the old way again".

So, heres to hoping!

That's very encouraging!

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:50 pm 
A Return To Form

chadisme417 wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
michaeldarren79 wrote:

All performances are up. Goddamn they sound great.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:51 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Strat wrote:
Clem Halibut wrote:

So, heres to hoping!

yeah, he says that. Its very interesting to think that after Vitalogy Ed really needed them to bring full songs and now its more of a collab effort like the early days

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 2:51 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Aunt_Claire_Foy wrote:
chadisme417 wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
michaeldarren79 wrote:

All performances are up. Goddamn they sound great.

guess tomorrow they will upload those to youtube

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671, 672 ... 705  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam