The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679, 680 ... 707  Next

Rank Dark Matter
5 Stars 61%  61%  [ 113 ]
4 Stars 28%  28%  [ 52 ]
3 Stars 8%  8%  [ 14 ]
2 Stars 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
2 Star 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
%#*! Andrew Watt 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 184
 Post subject: Re: Dark Matter: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 11:25 pm 
The Master

Farmer John wrote:
Adorable!

Holy hell Stone has long fingers. I guess that’s why he’s the riff master.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 11:26 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

spike wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
This was probably already posted but Boom was in the room with the guys yesterday morning. You can see him at the 0:38 mark:

He’s probably been squatting there for years, and this is the first time in two decades anyone’s shown up to the space before noon. Boom busted.

I just wanted to say I enjoyed this post.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 11:28 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Boom actually plays in YL.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 11:30 pm 
Rank This Poster

spike wrote:
Farmer John wrote:
Adorable!

Whoa. E.T. phone home!

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 11:35 pm 
A Return To Form

Farmer John wrote:
Adorable!

this should be the cover for the next ten reissue (Andrew's version)

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 11:35 pm 

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
lvc wrote:
Niche subset of this Howard Stern post, specifically the Yellow Ledbetter video:

Close-ups of Mike's pedal board. I can identify the MXR flanger, script logo Phase 90, and UniVibe, and Carbon Copy delay (a surprising amount of MXR -- for a guy who could get any hand-built boutique thing in the world, he has a pedal board you could put together at Guitar Center for like $800 plus that big switcher). I also see a Line 6 delay (hard to miss) and a Boss Vibrato. Can't make out what the golden pedal is or the one to the left of that (black with white writing). And obviously a wah though I don't recognize the logo.

I know there used to be a place to talk gear but it seems to have disappeared. Anyone else geek out to this stuff and have insight on the right half of Mike's board?

I was actually quite pleased to the see the carbon copy delay. i thought he had just been utilizing the digital line 6 for so long now. The carbon copy is one of the best/most affordable delay pedals and i absolutely love mine. It seems to be at the top of most players lists for best all around.

I cant pick out what overdrive he is using though.

To my eyes, the beginning of the chain looks like a Mission expression pedal, a barely visible gold pedal (overdrive?) followed by an EHX Stereo Electric Mistress - and then the MXR Flanger, Phase 90, etc.

Mission make (or used to make) a wah but it's purple, so I'm leaning towards it being an expression controller instead, which means Mike could be relying on a digital wah from the switcher/multi-effect.

Mystery gold pedal could be the MXR Custom Badass Modified Overdrive.

Back to the drawing board, it can't be the MXR.

The switch is placed too close to the bottom of the enclosure and, unlike the MXR, there's no text in that spot.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 11:36 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Farmer John wrote:
spike wrote:
Farmer John wrote:
Adorable!

Whoa. E.T. phone home!

Hey, watch where you're putting those hands Mr. Poopoo and Peepee jokes

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:09 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

just watched that youtube. they sounded amazing to me. really impressive. especially for a 6 am performance.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:14 am 
Future Drummer

Farmer John wrote:
Adorable!

It was!

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:31 am 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

The performances of Daughter and YL were lovely and intimate... but after listening to SOF again, how do we convince them to give us 4-5 new songs live from the warehouse?

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:33 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

WaitingForBluey wrote:
The performances of Daughter and YL were lovely and intimate... but after listening to SOF again, how do we convince them to give us 4-5 new songs live from the warehouse?

yeah, would love that. so nice to be able to hear the drums on SOF. really elevated versus the studio version.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:34 am 

spike wrote:
Farmer John wrote:
Adorable!

must give one hell of a shocker.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:35 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
lvc wrote:
Niche subset of this Howard Stern post, specifically the Yellow Ledbetter video:

Close-ups of Mike's pedal board. I can identify the MXR flanger, script logo Phase 90, and UniVibe, and Carbon Copy delay (a surprising amount of MXR -- for a guy who could get any hand-built boutique thing in the world, he has a pedal board you could put together at Guitar Center for like $800 plus that big switcher). I also see a Line 6 delay (hard to miss) and a Boss Vibrato. Can't make out what the golden pedal is or the one to the left of that (black with white writing). And obviously a wah though I don't recognize the logo.

I know there used to be a place to talk gear but it seems to have disappeared. Anyone else geek out to this stuff and have insight on the right half of Mike's board?

I was actually quite pleased to the see the carbon copy delay. i thought he had just been utilizing the digital line 6 for so long now. The carbon copy is one of the best/most affordable delay pedals and i absolutely love mine. It seems to be at the top of most players lists for best all around.

To my eyes, the beginning of the chain looks like a Mission expression pedal, a barely visible gold pedal (overdrive?) followed by an EHX Stereo Electric Mistress - and then the MXR Flanger, Phase 90, etc.

Mission make (or used to make) a wah but it's purple, so I'm leaning towards it being an expression controller instead, which means Mike could be relying on a digital wah from the switcher/multi-effect.

The switch is placed too close to the bottom of the enclosure and, unlike the MXR, there's no text in that spot.

When stone goes over there and hits that, what looks like a mission expression pedal, it certainly sounded like a wah to me......so im confused!

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:39 am 

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
lvc wrote:

When stone goes over there and hits that, what looks like a mission expression pedal, it certainly sounded like a wah to me......so im confused!

I think that switcher also has effects, so I'm presuming he has it set-up to act like a wah.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:46 am 
AnalLog

I’m sure this was answered 100 pages ago, but anyone know who “PO” is? Album dedication.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:50 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
lvc wrote:

I think that switcher also has effects, so I'm presuming he has it set-up to act like a wah.

His board now stresses me out. Time for a rig rundown!

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:50 am 

swan wrote:
I’m sure this was answered 100 pages ago, but anyone know who “PO” is? Album dedication.

This was my guess a few pages back (and forgive my phone-posting spelling of "Hawaiian"):

Birds in Hell wrote:
Is “Po” a Hawaiin reference, e.g. Po and 4 Fathers?

https://www.hawaii.edu/news/2023/03/21/ ... e-week-po/

Quote:

—Night, darkness, obscurity; the realm of the gods

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:52 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
swan wrote:

This was my guess a few pages back (and forgive my phone-posting spelling of "Hawaiian"):

Birds in Hell wrote:

Quote:

Someone actually did come up with the answer pages back....i forget though....but its not po and the 4 fathers

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:55 am 

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
swan wrote:

Birds in Hell wrote:

Quote:

Someone actually did come up with the answer pages back....i forget though....but its not po and the 4 fathers

You know I'm not suggesting Ed dedicated the album to Boom's side project, right?

Last edited by Birds in Hell on Fri April 26, 2024 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:56 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
swan wrote:

Birds in Hell wrote:

Quote:

You know I'm not suggesting Ed dedicated the album to Boom's side project, right?

Ever since Mike got rid of the Boss Dm2, i dont know anything anymore

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679, 680 ... 707  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam