The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475 ... 692  Next

Rank Dark Matter
5 Stars 60%  60%  [ 110 ]
4 Stars 29%  29%  [ 53 ]
3 Stars 8%  8%  [ 14 ]
2 Stars 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
2 Star 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
%#*! Andrew Watt 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 182
 Post subject: Re: Dark Matter: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:26 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Just played Wreckage on pj radio

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:30 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I can’t wait to hear these songs in a live setting but it is so refreshing to have a great record that you can play and go on a ride like this record provides in spades. I am honestly still so happy that they pulled this off.

Won’t tell, wreckage, upper hand, wfs, scared of fear, setting sun, running are all awesome! It’s unbelievable :-)

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:36 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Lmdmusic wrote:
Just played Wreckage on pj radio

My wife likes PJ, and puts up with my love of the band. She heard Wreckage twice and said I like this one. The couple next to us last night had not heard the album and after wreckage shared that sentiment.

Hard to think that this song wont resonate with a lot of people. I hope they release it, and it moves the needle. Just happy we got it first before that happens, if it does. Maybe that’s why they waited.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:38 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

DeeDee wrote:
I folded again and listened to the iPhone leak for the 3rd time.

This record is gorgeous, I can't wait for it to be released so I can listen to it in its full glory.

Setting Sun finally hit me, and React/respond will be a killer live. I can see Jeff bouncing and jumping around in the outro like he used to do when they played Last Exit or STBC. And Won't tell and Wreckage are so beautiful... And the end of Upper Hand hit me too.

Oh boy, I'm excited.

There is one thing though that would have improved R/R immensely in my opinion.
They should have tried variating the sound effects on the riff in the verse. It gets too repetitive, but 46&2 by Tool comes to mind where they basically played the same riff in a loop for the duration of the whole song but they would cycle through different sonic APPROACHES to that riff which completely erased the feeling of repetitiveness.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:40 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Val wrote:
DeeDee wrote:

This record is gorgeous, I can't wait for it to be released so I can listen to it in its full glory.

Setting Sun finally hit me, and React/respond will be a killer live. I can see Jeff bouncing and jumping around in the outro like he used to do when they played Last Exit or STBC. And Won't tell and Wreckage are so beautiful... And the end of Upper Hand hit me too.

Oh boy, I'm excited.

They should have tried variating the sound effects on the riff in the verse. It gets too repetitive, but 46&2 by Tool comes to mind where they basically played the same riff in a loop for the duration of the whole song but they would cycle through different sonic APPROACHES to that riff which completely erased the feeling of repetitiveness.

I can't say if you are right or wrong here, I'll wait till I hear the record properly, because I can't come to that type of conclusions after hearing the iPhone like 3 times.

We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:42 pm 

duplicate post

Last edited by Val on Wed April 17, 2024 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:42 pm 

Val wrote:
DeeDee wrote:

Oh boy, I'm excited.

I don't understand the love for R/R at this point, and maybe I will in time, but it seems like a big opportunity missed. I just don't hear the harmonies and melodies that are so plentiful throughout the rest of the record. I would rather listen to DM (the song) 100 times out of 100. Hoping that R/R can grow on me the way 7 o clock did, which I initially skipped quite a bit and now adore.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:44 pm 
Broken Tamborine

DDWJMUVW wrote:
Val wrote:
DeeDee wrote:

Oh boy, I'm excited.

I don't understand the love for R/R at this point, and maybe I will in time, but it seems like a big opportunity missed. I just don't hear the harmonies and melodies that are so plentiful throughout the rest of the record. I would rather listen to DM (the song) 100 times out of 100. Hoping that R/R can grow on me the way 7 o clock did, which I initially skipped quite a bit and now adore.

Agree, it’s a good rock song I just wish the chorus was a little less jarring….. maybe with time I’ll get used to it

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:45 pm 
Broken Tamborine

DDWJMUVW wrote:
Val wrote:
DeeDee wrote:

Oh boy, I'm excited.

I agree. It was one of my least favorite songs last night. It’s quirky and different with some cool arrangements but it just doesn’t seem to come together.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:48 pm 
She / Her

DeeDee wrote:
Val wrote:
DeeDee wrote:

Oh boy, I'm excited.

I can't say if you are right or wrong here, I'll wait till I hear the record properly, because I can't come to that type of conclusions after hearing the iPhone like 3 times.

We'll see.

the riff reminded me of Satan's Bed; do you find that one repetitive Val?

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:51 pm 

Ms Harmless wrote:

No, I don't.
That is one killer riff.
R/R's is not as good.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 12:59 pm 
She / Her

Val wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

No, I don't.
That is one killer riff.
R/R's is not as good.

fair! I think I felt it was but I need to relisten!

leeeeeak!

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 1:00 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Does anybody have any idea of what Jeff did on this album? Did he do anything other than the intro for the movie theater?

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 1:01 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
Does anybody have any idea of what Jeff did on this album? Did he do anything other than the intro for the movie theater?

I think he played bass

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 1:02 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tommy wrote:
B wrote:

I think he played bass

Let’s wait for the liner notes

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 1:02 pm 
She / Her

B wrote:

he wrote parts for at least one song (one was based on a dream he had, can't remember which)

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2024 1:03 pm 
Broken Tamborine

B wrote:

Not sure but it was a convincing impression of Kylo Ren when he introduced the film last night

Broken Tamborine

tommy wrote:
B wrote:

I think he played bass

And very prominently.

He kills it in this record.

Broken Tamborine

Ms Harmless wrote:
B wrote:

he wrote parts for at least one song (one was based on a dream he had, can't remember which)

Won’t tell

10Club Complaint Department

Bi_3 wrote:
tommy wrote:
B wrote:

I think he played bass

Let’s wait for the liner notes

you're on a roll.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475 ... 692  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam