The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578 ... 700  Next

Rank Dark Matter
5 Stars 61%  61%  [ 112 ]
4 Stars 28%  28%  [ 52 ]
3 Stars 8%  8%  [ 15 ]
2 Stars 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
2 Star 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
%#*! Andrew Watt 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 184
 Post subject: Re: Dark Matter: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:46 pm 
Broken Tamborine

All I can say is wow.

Enjoyed Dark Matter a fair bit. Just 'liked' Running. It grew with a few listens. But when taking in the album as a whole - Running fits in way better.

The run from Scared of Fear to Running is actually 'Something Special'. So the best part of that song is the fact that the title fits the occasion. :-) (In terms of the song itself - It's not as bad as people seemed to advertise - just one of those have to be in the mood songs).

Then the album ends on another high with the last two.

Wow!

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:48 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

sward wrote:
All I can say is wow.

Enjoyed Dark Matter a fair bit. Just 'liked' Running. It grew with a few listens. But when taking in the album as a whole - Running fits in way better.

The run from Scared of Fear to Running is actually 'Something Special'. So the best part of that song is the fact that the title fits the occasion. :-) (In terms of the song itself - It's not as bad as people seemed to advertise - just one of those have to be in the mood songs).

Wow!

apparently you can say more than "wow" after all!

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:51 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I’m at 4, leaning 5. We’ll see how it settles.

I actually loved Gigaton, this is 1) pretty tasty almost 35 years in, 2) a wonderful follow up, 3) for me, dominates anything post Riot Act (sans Gigaton)

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:51 pm 
Production Police

darthvedder81 wrote:
Love how Watt layers Mike's solo UNDER the Stone groove. Perfect.

This would be a Ghanea thing

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:52 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

hlniv wrote:
dad wrote:
bluestate wrote:
dad wrote:
bluestate wrote:
stip wrote:
sounds like I need to wait on an answer but where should i go for the best sounding version of this (and their music generally). i have airpods for my phone and quality headphones for my computer but not speaker set up.

i ordered the josh evans mix, have spotify, and just bought the album on itunes before oneway could warn me atmos was subscription only.

I want to upgrade and there are too many choices! where should i purchase or subscribe!

I would say the hi-res version I just downloaded from the Ten Club is absolutely thr way to go until my CD gets here. CD quality is going to top any streaming platform

this is in addition to the CD you bought?

Must've been an add-on feature for purchasing the CD through them?

hmm, i bought mine through them - just the basic CD, not deluxe - and I don't see anything.

I bought the deluxe, also don't see anything on how to get a download? I did just buy it yesterday though

I ordered one last week. I don't have the energy for an angry email. It'll be here Monday, and I can rip it and have a digital copy then.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dad wrote:
hlniv wrote:
dad wrote:
bluestate wrote:
dad wrote:
bluestate wrote:
stip wrote:
sounds like I need to wait on an answer but where should i go for the best sounding version of this (and their music generally). i have airpods for my phone and quality headphones for my computer but not speaker set up.

i ordered the josh evans mix, have spotify, and just bought the album on itunes before oneway could warn me atmos was subscription only.

I want to upgrade and there are too many choices! where should i purchase or subscribe!

I would say the hi-res version I just downloaded from the Ten Club is absolutely thr way to go until my CD gets here. CD quality is going to top any streaming platform

this is in addition to the CD you bought?

Must've been an add-on feature for purchasing the CD through them?

hmm, i bought mine through them - just the basic CD, not deluxe - and I don't see anything.

I bought the deluxe, also don't see anything on how to get a download? I did just buy it yesterday though

I ordered one last week. I don't have the energy for an angry email. It'll be here Monday, and I can rip it and have a digital copy then.

You could always take a polaroid of your poop and mail it to them.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:55 pm 
Banned from the Pit

bluestate wrote:
rosser0432 wrote:
Juvenal wrote:
Oh sweet God. To quote Withnail and I: I feel like a pig shat in my head :(

Really enjoyed seeing your real time reactions. I’m sure the hangover is worth it :haha:

I woke up on the couch. And then my wife lectured me on how much I've been drinking lately. It was dark matter.

I see what you did there. Probably gonna have a similar story once the vinyl finally shows up.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:57 pm 
Broken Tamborine

tree_ wrote:
sward wrote:
All I can say is wow.

Wow!

apparently you can say more than "wow" after all!

Ahaha

All i can say is wow! .....................And another 120 thought-gurgitated words!

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:58 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I think one of the best compliments I can give this album is that I would like to see any of the songs show up on a setlist. This is the first album in a long time where I'd say that. Hell, they can play the thing front-to-back when I see them in Philly and I'd be happy.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 12:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I'm listening to the album right now but I'm not really listening. Hearing it in spurts on my phone while doing chores. McCready's guitar stands out to me, and Ed's voice seems like it's better than that stylish shit he was doing in the 2010s. Initial assessment of this thing is "familiar in a good way."

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:00 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I finally listened to a not cell phone recorded version. I can report the baby is no longer featured in the interlude.

Actually, I had quite an emotional response hearing this proper. For the joy I get from listening to Pearl Jam, I really can’t recall the last time I responded to a new album, even the ones I really love and adore, in this kind of way.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:01 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I love the chorus of SOF, specially at the end.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:02 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

B wrote:
Spotify is sounding a shit ton better than the movie theater. Why do movie theaters sound so bad?

I'm a little happier than I was Tuesday night.

They are rigged for special effects: explosions, booming steps of dinosaurs, whirring spacecraft engines and laser fire.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:05 pm 
Future Drummer

DeeDee wrote:
Got to give begins like Throw your arms around me.

I love it.

I think I hear some Throw Your Arms in the Waiting for Stevie interlude.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:05 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

VinylGuy wrote:
I love the chorus of SOF, specially at the end.

that song is the one that sticks in my head the most, especially the chorus. i love it.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:06 pm 
Rank This Poster

second run front to back and it's even better. i'm almost in awe. i love gigaton, but this album is better. i can't believe this. i think andrew watt may be a genius.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:06 pm 
A Return To Form

Do we know the first author of each song yet? I caught a bit of the Sirius channel this morning when Ed said Jeff brought in the Running riff. Waiting for Stevie was Ed (allegedly) from back in the day. Something Special: Ed. But what about the others?

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:08 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

liebzz wrote:
I finally listened to a not cell phone recorded version. I can report the baby is no longer featured in the interlude.

Actually, I had quite an emotional response hearing this proper. For the joy I get from listening to Pearl Jam, I really can’t recall the last time I responded to a new album, even the ones I really love and adore, in this kind of way.

Same. I'm not sure if it's just me, and then I listen again and I'm like, "no, this is actually really good". I'm still in shock.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:10 pm 
AnalLog

Val wrote:
B wrote:
Spotify is sounding a shit ton better than the movie theater. Why do movie theaters sound so bad?

I'm a little happier than I was Tuesday night.

They are rigged for special effects: explosions, booming steps of dinosaurs, whirring spacecraft engines and laser fire.

100%, really wish I wouldn't have my first listen at the movie theater; the speakers were fucking awful. Listening to everything over proper speakers this morning was pure elation. My God these guys knocked another one out of the park, and this isn't just new album hype. I still love Gigaton but this one is so much more cohesive and, perhaps more notably, ends on an incredibly strong note compared to Gig. Whatever process they followed to record this one absolutely needs to happen again for #13.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 1:31 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Changed my vote to 5 stars. This album is so good. So many highlights.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578 ... 700  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam