The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 686  Next

Rank Dark Matter
5 Stars 60%  60%  [ 107 ]
4 Stars 29%  29%  [ 52 ]
3 Stars 8%  8%  [ 14 ]
2 Stars 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
2 Star 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
%#*! Andrew Watt 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 178
 Post subject: Re: Dark Matter: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:12 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

All of you are forgetting the hidden track. You might end up with usual length songs and a really good last song you can never put on a playlist because it has a 4 minute gap of silence followed by random squalls for 30 seconds.

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:21 pm 
The worst

liebzz wrote:
All of you are forgetting the hidden track. You might end up with usual length songs and a really good last song you can never put on a playlist because it has a 4 minute gap of silence followed by random squalls for 30 seconds.

shit. there's a better than average chance you're right.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:37 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

stip wrote:
liebzz wrote:

When's the last time that happened, on Binaural?

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:38 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Val wrote:
stip wrote:
liebzz wrote:

When's the last time that happened, on Binaural?

There was something in Gigaton ? Don’t remember

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

who is stevie?

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:41 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Seems Stevie wonder

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:42 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Oh that red vinyl looks wonderful

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:44 pm 
She / Her

warehouse wrote:
who is stevie?

they wrote this while waiting to record with Stevie Wonder during Earthling sessions

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

my first thought was they wrote another song about a guy from mudhoney, but stevie wonder would be much better lol

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:45 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

warehouse wrote:
my first thought was they wrote another song about a guy from mudhoney, but stevie wonder would be much better lol

Stevie Lukin

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:49 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

Stevie Lukin

Speaking of Lukin, forget Tay-Tay, Melvins have a new album releasing on the 19th, as well.
Joy!

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:50 pm 
Rank This Poster

i'm not sure how i missed this. i was expecting a punk song about the other mudhoney guy. i love stevie wonder more than i love most things. pearl jam being inspired by stevie wonder might be one of the coolest things i've ever heard. i love this song already lol

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:50 pm 
She / Her

warehouse wrote:

it's a very Stevie Wonder title for a song, I like the idea that it's a little nod to who he is as an artist, even if that's not Pearl Jam; I was really impressed with how Earthling managed to get Ed's style to cohere with, say, Elton John's so beautifully, and I hope this happens again for WFS; I wonder if it'll go Superstition-esque funk again like Dark Matter did?

Last edited by Ms Harmless on Tue February 13, 2024 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:51 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

oneway23 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

Stevie Lukin

Speaking of Lukin, forget Tay-Tay, Melvins have a new album releasing on the 19th, as well.
Joy!

I know dude!! What a day

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 1:52 pm 
Rank This Poster

Ms Harmless wrote:
warehouse wrote:

it's a very Stevie Wonder title for a song, I like the idea that it's a little nod to who he is as an artist, even if that's not Pearl Jam; I was really impressed with how Earthling managed to get Ed's style to cohere with, say, Elton John's so beautifully, and I hope this happens again for WFS; I wonder if it'll go Superstition-esque funk again like Dark Matter did?

dont tease me

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 2:09 pm 
AnalLog

Ms Harmless wrote:
warehouse wrote:

I recall reading an interview with Elton John around the time he guested on ...Like Clockwork from Queens of the Stone Age, and, paraphrasing here, he said something akin to how he was so thrilled to hear from them, specifically, because they weren't throwing a song in the vein of something people would normally expect from him at his feet the way so many others do.."Oh, a maudlin ballad? Call Elton!"

In that spirit, I hope they toss Stevie entirely out of his comfort zone here.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 2:14 pm 
She / Her

warehouse wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
warehouse wrote:

dont tease me

you were asking for it warehouse

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 2:15 pm 
She / Her

oneway23 wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
warehouse wrote:

I recall reading an interview with Elton John around the time he guested on ...Like Clockwork from Queens of the Stone Age, and, paraphrasing here, he said something akin to how he was so thrilled to hear from them, specifically, because they weren't throwing a song in the vein of something people would normally expect from him at his feet the way so many others do.."Oh, a maudlin ballad? Call Elton!"

In that spirit, I hope they toss Stevie entirely out of his comfort zone here.

yeah that would be super cool

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 2:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Stevie Wonder was on Ed’s solo album. He and Watt wrote Waiting For Stevie, while waiting for him. Don’t think Stevie is on this song.

PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2024 2:19 pm 
Future Drummer

Anders wrote:
Stevie Wonder was on Ed’s solo album. He and Watt wrote Waiting For Stevie, while waiting for him. Don’t think Stevie is on this song.

This.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 686  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam