The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A safe place for discussion and appreciation of Jack Iro
PostPosted: Sat August 24, 2013 8:09 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

stip wrote:
Do jack irons fans think his drumming would have worked well on Binaural. it's such a closeted, claustrophobic, tightly wound album that I'm not sure his style would have fit.

I don't think hypothetical scenarios like this really work as songs aren't written in a vacuum, particularly in a band; they're written and arranged with those musicians in mind. Even if those musical ideas had still been worked on with Jack, what the end result would have been would very likely have been dramatically different. Ideas that were discarded as not working with Matt might have worked better with Jack, songs that we know may have moved in entirely different directions with a different drummer's feel.

I don't think it would have mattered in the slightest. They would've made another record with Jack that was tailored towards Jack's playing.

PostPosted: Sat August 24, 2013 8:47 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Birds in Hell wrote:
stip wrote:
Do jack irons fans think his drumming would have worked well on Binaural. it's such a closeted, claustrophobic, tightly wound album that I'm not sure his style would have fit.

I don't think hypothetical scenarios like this really work as songs aren't written in a vacuum, particularly in a band; they're written and arranged with those musicians in mind. Even if those musical ideas had still been worked on with Jack, what the end result would have been would very likely have been dramatically different. Ideas that were discarded as not working with Matt might have worked better with Jack, songs that we know may have moved in entirely different directions with a different drummer's feel.

I don't think it would have mattered in the slightest. They would've made another record with Jack that was tailored towards Jack's playing.

This is all true but the thought exercise was to imagine the particular songs on Binaural with Jack behind the kit.

PostPosted: Sat August 24, 2013 8:48 pm 
Poster of the Year

Birds in Hell wrote:
stip wrote:

I really, really want to hear the version of Of The Girl recorded during the Yield sessions.

PostPosted: Sat August 24, 2013 8:49 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

stip wrote:

Well, Matt's songs wouldn't be there. And maybe the non-Matt songs would've just sounded less closeted, claustrophobic and tightly wound.

PostPosted: Sat August 24, 2013 8:52 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
stip wrote:

I really, really want to hear the version of Of The Girl recorded during the Yield sessions.

Would love to hear that more than anything else. Although I love the original.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat August 24, 2013 9:13 pm 

theplatypus wrote:
stip wrote:

Well, Matt's songs wouldn't be there. And maybe the non-Matt songs would've just sounded less closeted, claustrophobic and tightly wound.

I was all of these things not too long ago.

PostPosted: Sat August 24, 2013 9:59 pm 
AnalLog

BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
stip wrote:

I had no idea that even existed....
B======================D

PostPosted: Sat August 24, 2013 10:09 pm 
Poster of the Year

HardTI wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
stip wrote:

I had no idea that even existed....
B======================D

This site is mysterious in their sources but whenever something new surfaces from the past we find that they had it listed here the whole time.

http://www.pearljamonline.it/rs.htm

PostPosted: Sun August 25, 2013 8:34 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

No Heads was a really good collection of tunes and I like Blue Manatee a lot too. I look forward to a new release whenever he has time, I have a feeling the next one is going to be incredible!

Last edited by Whale and Wasp on Wed April 30, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2013 8:10 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Jack speaks at the end of this about it. Cool tune.
Wowzers. This is an actual Pj song. I only thought it was intro music. http://m.soundcloud.com/pearljamonline/ ... l-mosquito

PostPosted: Thu August 29, 2013 2:33 am 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
Jack speaks at the end of this about it. Cool tune.
Wowzers. This is an actual Pj song. I only thought it was intro music. http://m.soundcloud.com/pearljamonline/ ... l-mosquito

Cool find :thumbsup:

mp3 download for those unable/too lazy to rip themselves:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8m6jqd6lh9vp50q/Small_Mosquito.mp3

PostPosted: Sat September 07, 2013 7:32 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Was out on a run today and "Act of Love" came on. Jack absolutely kills on that song. Can't imagine anyone topping his style for it. Love that snare.

I'm glad I have a safe place to discuss and appreciate this kind of thing.

PostPosted: Sun September 08, 2013 2:52 am 
Future Drummer

i will say it again

go listen to the entire berlin 96 show. he evens puts a killer stripe on hunger strike

PostPosted: Tue November 25, 2014 3:47 am 

Hadn't seen these until now, some particularly nice Irons playing on the first video.

PostPosted: Mon April 04, 2016 6:33 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Look very closely and you'll see the possibility for a reunion of sorts...

PostPosted: Mon April 04, 2016 8:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Oo I bet Eddie and Lana del Rey are gonna fuuuuuuuuck

PostPosted: Mon April 04, 2016 9:20 pm 

Jack's playing a solo show? That's awesome.

PostPosted: Thu August 18, 2016 10:30 pm 

Listening to some of Randalls Island 2 '96 this morning.

Jack is seriously the best.

PostPosted: Wed August 24, 2016 10:26 pm 

evenslow wrote:

THIS IS GETTING CLOSE.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 10:11 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Birds in Hell wrote:
evenslow wrote:

THIS IS GETTING CLOSE.

It's a guarantee that Ed does something with Jack right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam