The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: Re: PJ Atlanta94 [complete remastered broadcast]
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:50 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

he said that? dont remember that one

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:00 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

he did. I think someone posted the interview in the JA appreciation thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:59 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Excellent work as always, gentlemen. Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:27 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Thank you again for this. Having now had a listen, I like what you have done with the sound. Just a tad punchier than the original source, which I already thought was great, especially at high volume! Out of interest, how does this source (aussie promo) compare with the official dissident (incomplete) releases?

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2022 3:30 pm 
AnalLog

Thanks!!! Looks great. Many fond memories of those Dissident discs!

Interesting to hear how this compares to Vault #11 :bammer:

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2022 5:32 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

dad wrote:

jeff mentions it around the 21-minute mark.

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2022 8:11 pm 
Banned from the Pit

This is so amazing thank you! I am also interested to here the A/B comparison with he vault release.

Does anyone have the post broadcast radio show Eddie DJ'd for a while after this show? I used to listed to that almost as much as I would listen to this bootleg.

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2022 10:34 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

zumajed wrote:
This is so amazing thank you! I am also interested to here the A/B comparison with he vault release.

Does anyone have the post broadcast radio show Eddie DJ'd for a while after this show? I used to listed to that almost as much as I would listen to this bootleg.

It's available as D3 of the spacedvest release (SV016) of this show.

I'll up that disc for ya, if you want to grab it.

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

PostPosted: Thu June 02, 2022 2:37 am 
Banned from the Pit

emanon wrote:
zumajed wrote:

It's available as D3 of the spacedvest release (SV016) of this show.

I'll up that disc for ya, if you want to grab it.

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I downloaded it and I'm listening now. Thank you so so much! This really completes the listening experience for this show.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2022 12:40 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I just got this downloaded after putting together my bumper pool table in my barn loft. I’ve had a few beers and a few rips with this thing on and this is so fucking good. Takes me back to piecing together the 3 disc single, and digipack (which I never did get ahold of as a kid)

Thank you to the creators. You guys always kill it with these remasters.

A few notes on the actual show:

Definitive show for the 93-95 era for sure.

Definitive version of Garden, is that a popular opinion?

Why the fuck didn’t they attempt Angie?

I’m listening to SOLAT now and it really sounds like a perfect show so far.

RVM 2nd in batting order is a fucking power move

PostPosted: Mon June 06, 2022 5:41 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Thank you so much for this! I wore out my Memorex cassette back in the day, lol. Listening to this takes me back to my summer job of golf course grounds crew where I listened to this show non stop while mowing greens and fairways....

PostPosted: Sun June 12, 2022 12:29 pm 
Banned from the Pit

dad wrote:
dad wrote:

I bet there are loads of those early shows and with technology now they could be brought up to scratch. They don’t want those early shows out because it would show how much they suck now. They shot themselves in the foot with sacking Dave then they shot themselves in the other foot by hiring Matt Cameron as the long term replacement. The band hobble along on their knees now and are a shadow of what they once where. I saw Metallica in Napa a few weeks ago and they sound as good as they did when I saw them In '91. Pearl Jam should have retired after Jack left. They haven’t made a decent album since.

PostPosted: Sun June 12, 2022 4:37 pm 
The Master

Vedder_Bono_Vox wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

I bet there are loads of those early shows and with technology now they could be brought up to scratch. They don’t want those early shows out because it would show how much they suck now. They shot themselves in the foot with sacking Dave then they shot themselves in the other foot by hiring Matt Cameron as the long term replacement. The band hobble along on their knees now and are a shadow of what they once where. I saw Metallica in Napa a few weeks ago and they sound as good as they did when I saw them In '91. Pearl Jam should have retired after Jack left. They haven’t made a decent album since.

lol

PostPosted: Sun June 12, 2022 11:33 pm 
Future Drummer

Vedder_Bono_Vox wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

Welcome to the board?

PostPosted: Mon June 13, 2022 2:10 pm 
AnalLog

Vedder_Bono_Vox wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

you posted all of that about Pearl Jam's drummer history and then brought up Metallica where the drummer has ALWAYS been the weak link and is by far the weakest link in that band now? LOL

PostPosted: Mon June 13, 2022 4:15 pm 
Major Dude

MattA75 wrote:
Vedder_Bono_Vox wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

you posted all of that about Pearl Jam's drummer history and then brought up Metallica where the drummer has ALWAYS been the weak link and is by far the weakest link in that band now? LOL

I bet tree_ could play every Metallica tune on drums.

PostPosted: Mon June 13, 2022 4:57 pm 
Banned from the Pit

wease wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Vedder_Bono_Vox wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

I do not hate on Matt... but if they could just temporarily replace him with some of the Richard Stuverud energy for a few of the shows I'm going to be attending this tour, that would be swell.

PostPosted: Sat June 18, 2022 1:45 pm 
Banned from the Pit

MattA75 wrote:
Vedder_Bono_Vox wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

Lars isn’t an amazing drummer but it's a style that has worked for the band and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Sacking Dave Abbruzzese was a mistake for their sound. Jack Irons was fine and they still had a raw sound. Getting Matt has ruined that raw sound.

PostPosted: Sat June 18, 2022 1:47 pm 
Banned from the Pit

zumajed wrote:
wease wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Vedder_Bono_Vox wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

I do not hate on Matt... but if they could just temporarily replace him with some of the Richard Stuverud energy for a few of the shows I'm going to be attending this tour, that would be swell.

I don’t hate Matt, he's there to do a job. He's a great drummer and fantastic in Soundgarden. His style doesn’t fit PJ never did and never will.

PostPosted: Mon June 20, 2022 2:22 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Vedder_Bono_Vox wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

lol

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam