The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Big Day Out 2014
PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:06 am 
A Return To Form

We are excited to bring you the official Pearl Jam 2014 Big Day Out Tour Announcement.

Pearl Jam announced tonight that they will headline Australia and New Zealand's Big Day Out Festival in 2014. The Festival kicks-off in Auckland, NZ on January 17th and wraps up in Perth, AU on February 2nd.

Big Day Out Dates:

DATE CITY Venue
Jan-17 Auckland, NZ* Western Springs
Jan-19 Gold Coast, AU Metricon & Carrara Parklands
Jan-24 Melbourne, AU Flemington
Jan-26 Sydney Day 1, AU Sydney Showgrounds

Jan-27 Sydney Day 2, AU Sydney Showgrounds
Jan-31 Adelaide, AU Bonython Park**
Feb-2 Perth, AU Perth Claremont Showgrounds**

*For New Zealand Big Day Out 2014 lineup and ticketing details, please refer to http://www.bigdayout.com
and choose AUCKLAND.
**Subject to council approval.

BIG DAY OUT 2014 LINEUP
Pearl Jam * Arcade Fire * Blur * Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion * Major Lazer * Steve Angello * Flume * The Lumineers * Tame Impala and many more…
Visit http://www.bigdayout.com
for more info

Ten Club has arranged a special Ten Club members only pre-sale through the festival website. Pre-sale tickets will not be available through the Ten Club site. Due to the nature of festivals, there will not be a Ten Club early entry. Ten Club pre-sale tickets are simply being offered to help our members get tickets before the public pre-sale tickets sell out. Supplies are limited, tickets not guaranteed.

Post subject: Re: Big Day Out 2014
PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:08 am 
A Return To Form

Super lame. I was hoping Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire would play Bluesfest.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:21 am 
Broken Tamborine

That lineup was so overhyped. Said it was the "lineup to end all lineups". I was expecting something like Rolling Stones or something.
I'm still gonna go but honestly I'm a bit disappointed with it.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:24 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

It's a pretty awesome line-up, dude. The organisers would feel pretty great about securing it.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:28 am 
A Return To Form

Tim wrote:

Ten Club has arranged a special Ten Club members only pre-sale through the festival website. Pre-sale tickets will not be available through the Ten Club site. Due to the nature of festivals, there will not be a Ten Club early entry. Ten Club pre-sale tickets are simply being offered to help our members get tickets before the public pre-sale tickets sell out. Supplies are limited, tickets not guaranteed.

It is not a 10C special pre sale as such. Same pre sale time is available through General Pants Co.

Pretty poor effort for Aussie fans really.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:28 am 
10Club Complaint Department

'Snoop Dogg a.k.a Snoop Lion'? WTF?

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:29 am 
A Return To Form

Pearl jam are exclusive to big day out, which I guess throws sideshows out the window.

Goddammit.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:31 am 

brisjam wrote:
Tim wrote:

It is not a 10C special pre sale as such. Same pre sale time is available through General Pants Co.

I'm pretty sure they were limited by when the festival had arranged the announcement. They could have easily not done anything (which is what I expected), so I'm pretty impressed there's a fanclub pre-sale at all.

This is going to rule.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:34 am 
A Return To Form

Freewheelin wrote:
Pearl jam are exclusive to big day out, which I guess throws sideshows out the window.

Goddammit.

Where does it say that? That could mean exclusive to that festival only right? Meaning they could still play side shows. If this is all they're doing that's messed up. Especially after we were short changed on the 2009 tour.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:35 am 
Banned from the Pit

If anyone out there isn't going to this but can help out with 10C pre-sales tickets, please let me know - i'd love some help securing some tickets :-)

Cheers

Ben

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:36 am 
Mind Your Tanners

harmless wrote:

he changed his name :lol:

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:37 am 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
harmless wrote:

he changed his name :lol:

It's like that game, Altered Beast. One day he'll be Snoop Dragon.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:38 am 
Broken Tamborine

WtOB? wrote:
It's a pretty awesome line-up, dude. The organisers would feel pretty great about securing it.

Yeah they shouldn't have hyped it as much as they did though, it's not THAT much better than last years (not that I went last year, just talking in terms of quality). I was expecting the Rolling Stones or something ridiculous

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:39 am 

Tim wrote:
Freewheelin wrote:

Goddammit.

Where does it say that? That could mean exclusive to that festival only right? Meaning they could still play side shows. If this is all they're doing that's messed up. Especially after we were short changed on the 2009 tour.

No, the official info states: "This will be your only chance to see Pearl Jam in Australia and New Zealand this summer."

Short-changed? Don't be silly, Pearl Jam don't owe Australia anything. It's great that they'll be back at all, it's been too long.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:41 am 
A Return To Form

Birds in Hell wrote:
brisjam wrote:
Tim wrote:

I'm pretty sure they were limited by when the festival had arranged the announcement. They could have easily not done anything (which is what I expected), so I'm pretty impressed there's a fanclub pre-sale at all.

This is going to rule.

I do love ya enthusiasm Spenno but this is far from ruling in my book. Fairly average lineup and only 12 hours notice of presale. Normally I would hit just about every show but paying $370 per show for two people just to see PJ is not on. If they charge $300 a ticket to see them and a support act I would pay no worries. But the bogan day out is buzz killer. Never missed a tour and will probably damage the credit card tomorrow morning but at moment think will give it a miss.

Ten club basically did do nothing, same presale available to non fan club members. It is not a fan club pre sale really except for the pass code being Pearl Jam related.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:43 am 
A Return To Form

Birds in Hell wrote:
Tim wrote:
Freewheelin wrote:

Goddammit.

No, the official info states: "This will be your only chance to see Pearl Jam in Australia and New Zealand this summer."

Short-changed? Don't be silly, Pearl Jam don't owe Australia anything. It's great that they'll be back at all, it's been too long.

Pearl Jam don't owe Oz anything but would like to think they could treat Aussie fans at least the same as American fans.

Surely you too long for a proper tour like 2006 again ?

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:44 am 

brisjam wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
brisjam wrote:
Tim wrote:

This is going to rule.

I do love ya enthusiasm Spenno but this is far from ruling in my book. Fairly average lineup and only 12 hours notice of presale. Normally I would hit just about every show but paying $370 per show for two people just to see PJ is not on. If they charge $300 a ticket to see them and a support act I would pay no worries. But the bogan day out is buzz killer. Never missed a tour and will probably damage the credit card tomorrow morning but at moment think will give it a miss.

Ten club basically did do nothing, same presale available to non fan club members. It is not a fan club pre sale really except for the pass code being Pearl Jam related.

I don't really care, I'm not Australian, so there's no investment for me. But that's a pretty quality line-up in anyone's book, objectively. Whether you like the bands or not is down to taste but PJ have done worse.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:45 am 
Posting (live)

But they're a festival band nowadays. Sure it's not ideal but its better than nothing.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:46 am 

There's plenty of places in the States the band have ignored for years, I feel pretty lucky that a place like Adelaide gets a Pearl Jam show every few years.

Sheesh guys, it's a Pearl Jam tour! It's hardly a bad thing. It'll be a blast.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:51 am 
A Return To Form

harmless wrote:
brisjam wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
brisjam wrote:
Tim wrote:

This is going to rule.

I don't really care, I'm not Australian, so there's no investment for me. But that's a pretty quality line-up in anyone's book, objectively. Whether you like the bands or not is down to taste but PJ have done worse.

I guess down here it has been hyped and hyped about the line up to end all line ups. When you see that list it doesn't fit the bill. I would happily see any of those bands, or just about any band at all, at a smaller venue and not for $185. The only thing which will make me pay that kind of money is Pearl Jam in that lineup.

Plus are Pearl Jam actually playing a full set. A lot of headliners play only 40 minute sets at Big Day Out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam