The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 111  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Tue December 12, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14040
He seems happy to be there with PJ.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 02, 2013 12:53 pm
Posts: 337
Matt interview





Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11594
Guys, how good was this band:



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 6:37 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:02 am
Posts: 419
Location: Netherlands
Not sure if I saw this one before, looks good:



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50299
Location: Sector 7-G
Birds in Hell wrote:
Guys, how good was this band:


About as good as this band:



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11594
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Guys, how good was this band:


About as good as this band:


:heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 16606
Location: Seattle, WA
LuNY wrote:
Matt interview


lol matt hates being in pj


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Tue December 19, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6611
Location: unnamed mental hospital
bodysnatcher wrote:
LuNY wrote:
Matt interview


lol matt hates being in pj

can i get a tl;dr for this thing?

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Tue December 19, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 16606
Location: Seattle, WA
nothing new, really.

he talks about calling Stone to see if he'd like to put out a Wellwater album on his then-record label, and instead, Stone asks him, "hey man, what are you doing? want to go on tour in 3 weeks? jack quit." he was really worried about learning all the songs in such a short amount of time. i kind of wonder if he thought it was a temporary replacement role, or if he knew it would become a permanent gig.

the most excited he gets is when he's writing songs, which he hasn't done it as much as he likes to these days, and hopes to be able to in the near future. but it's taken a backseat to what he called "a performing gig", which led into the PJ segment.

the dynamic between Soundgarden and Pearl Jam:
"(deep breath).... ummmm. well it's different band dynamics just in general. you know how band dynamics are (laughs). they're multi-faceted; they're everything you can imagine in a family. but i think there's a lot of similarities in the sense of how we all play music together. I think maybe my role in soundgarden is a little more of a musical director role. where as in pearl jam, it's, uhhhh, more of a supportive in the rhythm section type of role. i think the collaboration i have with soundgarden is a little bigger in the creative realm."

the rest was all soundgarden and drumming talk


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Tue December 19, 2017 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13910
Location: Mizzou
bodysnatcher wrote:
nothing new, really.

he talks about calling Stone to see if he'd like to put out a Wellwater album on his then-record label, and instead, Stone asks him, "hey man, what are you doing? want to go on tour in 3 weeks? jack quit." he was really worried about learning all the songs in such a short amount of time. i kind of wonder if he thought it was a temporary replacement role, or if he knew it would become a permanent gig.

the most excited he gets is when he's writing songs, which he hasn't done it as much as he likes to these days, and hopes to be able to in the near future. but it's taken a backseat to what he called "a performing gig", which led into the PJ segment.

the dynamic between Soundgarden and Pearl Jam:
"(deep breath).... ummmm. well it's different band dynamics just in general. you know how band dynamics are (laughs). they're multi-faceted; they're everything you can imagine in a family. but i think there's a lot of similarities in the sense of how we all play music together. I think maybe my role in soundgarden is a little more of a musical director role. where as in pearl jam, it's, uhhhh, more of a supportive in the rhythm section type of role. i think the collaboration i have with soundgarden is a little bigger in the creative realm."

the rest was all soundgarden and drumming talk


AKA, I'm in Pearl Jam for the money.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Tue December 19, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11594
bodysnatcher wrote:
the dynamic between Soundgarden and Pearl Jam:
"(deep breath).... ummmm. well it's different band dynamics just in general. you know how band dynamics are (laughs). they're multi-faceted; they're everything you can imagine in a family. but i think there's a lot of similarities in the sense of how we all play music together. I think maybe my role in soundgarden is a little more of a musical director role. where as in pearl jam, it's, uhhhh, more of a supportive in the rhythm section type of role. i think the collaboration i have with soundgarden is a little bigger in the creative realm."

Geez, Matt.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2079
Well I can see why he would think that. Does Matt really do anything on Pearl Jam's recent albums besides play the drums and get the fuck out? They aren't even using his songs anymore. I try to listen to everything Matt does but I have zero interest in recent Pearl Jam. It's like he's not even there in my mind.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 2:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6611
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Birds in Hell wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
the dynamic between Soundgarden and Pearl Jam:
"(deep breath).... ummmm. well it's different band dynamics just in general. you know how band dynamics are (laughs). they're multi-faceted; they're everything you can imagine in a family. but i think there's a lot of similarities in the sense of how we all play music together. I think maybe my role in soundgarden is a little more of a musical director role. where as in pearl jam, it's, uhhhh, more of a supportive in the rhythm section type of role. i think the collaboration i have with soundgarden is a little bigger in the creative realm."

Geez, Matt.

depressing.

starting to think the quickest way to get them to write music would be an MLB strike.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Wed December 20, 2017 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11594
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well I can see why he would think that.

Oh, for sure. He just makes it sound so brutal, I feel bad for the guy.

“Yeah, Soundgarden was great, I really got to explore my creativity and work on some amazing material! And then, yeah, I have my other gig and look I guess we’ve all gotta eat.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 12404
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well I can see why he would think that. Does Matt really do anything on Pearl Jam's recent albums besides play the drums and get the fuck out? They aren't even using his songs anymore. I try to listen to everything Matt does but I have zero interest in recent Pearl Jam. It's like he's not even there in my mind.

Fucking Pearl Jam.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 15, 2013 10:01 am
Posts: 723
Hey guys. Hope you're all doing good. Just watched this for the first time and thought it was beautiful. That solo from Mike. :heartbeat:

https://youtu.be/KATgSvExnYQ

_________________
Pearl Jam is the only band I'll spend money on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49880


This is the video in the link above this post

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Sat December 30, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6611
Location: unnamed mental hospital
What's up Release Me!

Yeah that performance made me re-interested in that song.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 633
E.H. Ruddock wrote:


This is the video in the link above this post


I've enjoyed many Black solos, but that one is special.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49880
Good lord. I love Mike so hard. That has got to be one of his best solos of the last 10 years, at least.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 111  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CitizenByron, Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon July 16, 2018 2:57 pm