The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 156  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Videos
PostPosted: Fri October 08, 2021 3:49 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Sat October 09, 2021 9:42 pm 
Rank This Poster

Stickman wrote:

Is this the official bootleg? Not sure I like how it sounds. Where's the guitars?

PostPosted: Sat October 09, 2021 10:31 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I'm not a fan of the mix either.

PostPosted: Wed October 13, 2021 3:22 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

The official bootleg + video

PostPosted: Fri October 15, 2021 12:28 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri October 15, 2021 7:00 pm 
AnalLog

PostPosted: Fri October 22, 2021 3:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

31 years ago today...

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 1:33 am 
The Master

31 years. Geezes.

https://www.spin.com/2017/08/pearl-jam- ... YTA4QeCaco

Story from 2017. Fun to revisit.

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 1:44 am 
The Master

Speaking of which:

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 3:02 am 
The Master

Instead of staring a new thread, or searching for one more appropriate, im going to post this here.

I've been with this wonderful woman for just about 10 months so we're still sharing tidbits of our lives together. I kind of made a joke about celebrating PJ's birthday tonight which she got a kick out of. But then i started reminiscing about my experience with them at such a young age and why they mean so much to me still to this day. I kind of forgot about some of this stuff the older I get and how its easy to take them all for granted. Im just gonna copy and paste without editing. I sent it to her via text so there are typos and incoherent thoughts. There are probably like 3 people on RM that will appreciate the undying love.

Quote:
"They released the video for Jereme in the summer of 1992. I was 11 years old. I can remember vividly the time. No matter where I was at...usually after school playing with my friend Michael xxxx in the neighborhood. Riding bikes. Pretending to be Ninja Gaiden. No matter what...I would run home at 345 PM to catch the last 10 minutes of MTV's most wanted because it would always either be Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit or Pearl Jam Jeremy. I would be glued to the TV watching. Every day monday through Friday. Without fail. "

"Pearl Jam announced their 1995 tour but they weren't using Ticketmaster (long story wont bore you!). I saw someone selling tickets to their show in Milwaukee in the classifieds section of the paper. I talked to Adam about it. Obviously we were dying to go. I dont remember how we got the tickets. His dad maybe bought them for us (maybe $30 at the time) but we promised to pay him back. So, we came up with a scheme to make money. We made a packet of car wash tickets that we walked around the neighborhood and sold to people! "Here is a pack of car wash tickets for $XX money, just call us and we'll come wash your car whenever". I remember getting the door slammed on us a few times. This one older woman...she came to the door and we opened our mouths and immediately it was "no no no". We laughed about that for years. But we paid Adams dad back. He took us to the show.

"I woke up one morning to read the paper (again 14 years old) and my mom had circled this tidbit "Pearl Jam cancels tour (another long story!)" I was pissed. Livid. Heartbroken ! But a week or so after that they kept a few dates on the schedule. The Ticketmaster dates (they agreed to like 3 of them and Milwaukee was one of them). I remember being so mad that day and thinking about tearing the tickets up. Glad I didnt! So the show went on. And Adams dad drove us out to Milwaukee. They used to live there. They played two nights. We went the second night.....I remember being at the house we stayed at and the local news was playing clips and doing a news story about the show first night...we were glued to the tv watching like "holy hell we get to go see this tomorrow" "

I dont know. Its memories and experiences like that which keep me enthralled with this band. Sure, can i judge them adequately anymore? No. Of course not and so the fuck what. Yea, im happy theyre still around.

Im listening to the Denver 2014 show. A latter day masterpiece of a show.

Im gonna regret sharing my feelings with RM tomorrow. Maybe VG or LIebz will feel me.

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 3:21 am 
Future Drummer

I feel the feels right now, too...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pkx9t2iG6B67WUR97

It's good to have a family who shares the passion for the Jam with me. It was on this date in 1993 that I camped out for tickets to see my first PJ show!

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 5:07 am 
The Master

It's weird to see Ed a mature adult with a happy family and saccharine coursing through his veins and be reminded about stories like this:

ROSE: I get a call from Eddie; he says, “It’s Roger Daltrey’s 50th birthday; I got a cake for him, why don’t you come with me?” So we went, and everybody was there: Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, Townshend, Sinéad O’Connor. So we all met up at Carnegie Hall, we gave Roger the cake, and then Eddie and I went into his dressing room and he hands me a metal chair, and says, “You throw the opening pitch,” I look around, and it’s just these gorgeous chandeliers and mirrors and gold-plated lights. And I had been drinking.

By the time it was through, there was nothing left. Even the toilet was broken down, just a pipe gurgling water from the floor.

VEDDER: I think I threw a wine bottle at a mirror and it exploded. At some point I cut my hand and started writing I HOPE I DIE BEFORE I GET OLD in blood. Which was really good.

We got a bill from Carnegie Hall for $25,000. It was maybe two grand, tops–like, a mirror and a paint job and a couple lightbulbs. We talked them down. They also said they’d never have rock’n’roll bands in [Carnegie Hall] again. Which is only right.

TOWNSHEND: I heard about it afterward. No one thought it was particularly well executed. But after all, he’s a fucking surfer!

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 5:26 am 
Future Drummer

Should we cancel him???

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 2:36 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I'm with Strat. I'm the first one to admit that, when it comes to PJ and EV, I'm not really able to speak about it with true objectivity. I may poke fun at the "current happy version of Eddie Vedder" and his latest works, but I still love the man and the band, their music is carved in my heart and I can't deny it. Looks like Strat is a 1981 (like myself). The Jereme (sic) and Oceans videos are two of the best things I ever seen on TV.

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 6:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 6:22 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Strat wrote:
VEDDER: I think I threw a wine bottle at a mirror and it exploded. At some point I cut my hand and started writing I HOPE I DIE BEFORE I GET OLD in blood. Which was really good.

Bahahaha

PostPosted: Sat October 23, 2021 6:22 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

The "which was really good" really makes it

PostPosted: Mon January 10, 2022 8:39 pm 
AnalLog

PostPosted: Sat February 12, 2022 1:56 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 4:46 pm 
AnalLog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 156  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam