The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Pearl jam Twenty (documentary)
PostPosted: Wed October 31, 2018 9:25 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Fuck. Thanks Andres. Glad I asked.

Some cool stuff there.

PostPosted: Wed October 31, 2018 9:27 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Ill check them soon!!

I never saw that hunger strike in live at the garden. I knew about it but couldnt make it work.

PostPosted: Wed October 31, 2018 9:33 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I gave ed a wristband in 03 and he wore it at a few shows and it meant the world to me seeing it turining up in footage. Such a dumb thing. But also in th best nights we saw on that tour and I wasn’t alone. Why did he have to look like Russel Crowe though

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 6:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Watching this again now. Always interesting.

PostPosted: Sat January 25, 2020 5:44 am 
Rank This Poster

I watched this again recently, and two things really struck me. First off, I can't imagine watching this without having a somewhat comprehensive understanding of the band's history. Some things are granted only a few seconds of airtime, and it jumps around so much. If you know the band's background, you're able to fill in the gaps, but I can't imagine coming to this without that background knowledge and being able to take much of anything comprehensible from it.

The other thing, and something that really knocks the movie down a few pegs in my opinion, is how utterly uninterested it seems with the music the band makes. Most music documentaries charting the life of a band seem to want to afford some time to the music the band makes, how it's changed, what spurred them to do things a certain way, and the challenges they found along the way. I recently realized how little footage exists of the band in the studio, and when watching this movie again, I was kind of stunned by how little time it afforded to the music the band creates. It makes me wonder what drew Crowe to doing it in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat January 25, 2020 5:51 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

cameron crowe often misses the point. look at elizabethtown.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam