The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: I Am Mine-Audible
PostPosted: Sun January 02, 2022 11:08 pm 
The worst

I finally got around to listening to Eddie's Audible Book (I Am Mine). It's worth 80 minutes of your time. Some pretty good performances, and a really fascinating story I wasn't familiar with about how he met Jack Irons. Also an interesting confession of sorts about how having kids has impacted his writing. The way he put it, your best writing/inspiration comes from being out to sea and as a parent you need to be close to shore. Also that writing becomes more of a routinized process you sneak in when you have spare moments.

I forget how old his younger daughter is (well not forget, I don't know), but it'll be interesting to track how his writing changes (if at all) after she is out of the house :) Wikipedia says they were born in 04 and 08, so ST is the first 'post kid' record. I'm not sure which other band members have kids.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

Post subject: Re: I Am Mine-Audible
PostPosted: Fri January 07, 2022 1:35 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I really enjoyed the music. It'd be awesome if they released a record of that stuff.

Except Wishlist. Ed's groaning in Wishlist sucked.

PostPosted: Fri January 07, 2022 1:38 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

stip wrote:
I finally got around to listening to Eddie's Audible Book (I Am Mine). It's worth 80 minutes of your time. Some pretty good performances, and a really fascinating story I wasn't familiar with about how he met Jack Irons. Also an interesting confession of sorts about how having kids has impacted his writing. The way he put it, your best writing/inspiration comes from being out to sea and as a parent you need to be close to shore. Also that writing becomes more of a routinized process you sneak in when you have spare moments.

I forget how old his younger daughter is (well not forget, I don't know), but it'll be interesting to track how his writing changes (if at all) after she is out of the house :) Wikipedia says they were born in 04 and 08, so ST is the first 'post kid' record. I'm not sure which other band members have kids.

I need to listen to it. Maybe today.

everyone has kids except for Jeff.

PostPosted: Fri January 07, 2022 1:41 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

VinylGuy wrote:
stip wrote:

I need to listen to it. Maybe today.

everyone has kids except for Jeff.

Thus his copious output in the past 2 years.

PostPosted: Fri January 07, 2022 1:48 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, fuck kids i hate them

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam