Switch to full style
When a band is but a fraction of Pearl Jam, but they aren't zero Pearl Jam.
Post a reply

I would give Earthling

5 stars
11%
4 stars
53%
3 stars
20%
2 stars
8%
1 star
4%
0 stars
5%

Total votes : 106

Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling

Sun September 12, 2021 10:36 pm

Anders wrote:It’s a nice account. One of very few people I don’t know, that I still follow.

I follow it and mostly enjoy it. She gets a little preachy sometimes

Sun September 12, 2021 11:44 pm

I follow Beth Liebling.

She never posts.

Sun September 12, 2021 11:45 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:I follow Beth Liebling.

So does Jill, if you think about it

Sun September 12, 2021 11:45 pm

She never posts.

Same

Mon September 13, 2021 12:32 am

Jorge wrote:

You could even say she came after

Mon September 13, 2021 12:43 am

Bammer wrote:
Jorge wrote:

Yes

Mon September 13, 2021 12:56 am

Jorge wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Jorge wrote:

Yes

In bed, I mean.

Mon September 13, 2021 5:00 pm

Bammer wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Jorge wrote:

Yes

In bed, I mean.

You don’t know that

Mon September 13, 2021 5:36 pm

sweeper wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:Eddies wife on Instagram said she had been listening to this since early summer. Seems liked Eddie spent the spring and summer getting this together.

They may have had the song in the can since spring/summer but I'd be surprised if Ed spent a lot of time putting it together. I think his MO as an artist has always been to want to record things right in moment and go with however it turns out. That's what he did with Into the Wild and we hear it a lot on his PJ contributions. The Watt guy (producer) made it sound in one of the interviews that Ed basically just visited him as a friendship thing because he was already in town for some benefit. Then Watt showed him the studio and they did some stuff impromptu.

That's not my read on Ed. Into the Wild was a different way of writing and recording for him. He likes to put a little fixin' on it.

Wed September 15, 2021 3:14 am

Thurman Murman wrote:

I gotta say that for myself, personally, I have never truly contemplated suicide.

But somehow now I guess I have a newfound understanding of why someone might consider it.

Wed September 15, 2021 4:47 am

Did you take the long way on the freeway?

Wed September 15, 2021 6:59 am

Hatfield wrote:
sweeper wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:Eddies wife on Instagram said she had been listening to this since early summer. Seems liked Eddie spent the spring and summer getting this together.

They may have had the song in the can since spring/summer but I'd be surprised if Ed spent a lot of time putting it together. I think his MO as an artist has always been to want to record things right in moment and go with however it turns out. That's what he did with Into the Wild and we hear it a lot on his PJ contributions. The Watt guy (producer) made it sound in one of the interviews that Ed basically just visited him as a friendship thing because he was already in town for some benefit. Then Watt showed him the studio and they did some stuff impromptu.

That's not my read on Ed. Into the Wild was a different way of writing and recording for him. He likes to put a little fixin' on it.

He's been a "let's record it live and not overthink things with a bunch of takes" guy since he met Neil Young, imo. Vitalogy definitely stands out as a shift where they were using that approach.

Wed September 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Dang you guys have a lot of insight into how they record. You work for BoB or something?

Thu September 16, 2021 7:53 am

About 6 months ago, the house across the road from my house caught fire around midnight. It was a share house that had a lot of people coming and going that was owned by the government. The fire was treated as suspicious, no one was home and no one came back to the house to get anything. it was taped off by police...

Annnyway, yesterday I was going out to get groceries at about 9am and there has been a demolition truck and a few guys slowly deconstructing the house. Its a high set house and the roof and walls were gone. there was a 30'ish bearded man that looked like he would be at Wrigley for lets play two DVD standing up on the floorboards wearing hi-vis, and "Long way on the freeway" was blaring on their portable speaker. he looked mesmerized staring out at the street.

I waited in the car for the song to end, to ensure it was on rock radio, (which it was). That station only plays cold chisel and ACDC so.. :shock:

end of story.

Thu September 16, 2021 8:15 am

Any word on the Haves? Is it too soon to hope for a friday release?

Thu September 16, 2021 1:32 pm

coptheriotact wrote:About 6 months ago, the house across the road from my house caught fire around midnight. It was a share house that had a lot of people coming and going that was owned by the government. The fire was treated as suspicious, no one was home and no one came back to the house to get anything. it was taped off by police...

Annnyway, yesterday I was going out to get groceries at about 9am and there has been a demolition truck and a few guys slowly deconstructing the house. Its a high set house and the roof and walls were gone. there was a 30'ish bearded man that looked like he would be at Wrigley for lets play two DVD standing up on the floorboards wearing hi-vis, and "Long way on the freeway" was blaring on their portable speaker. he looked mesmerized staring out at the street.

I waited in the car for the song to end, to ensure it was on rock radio, (which it was). That station only plays cold chisel and ACDC so.. :shock:

end of story.

This is great.

Thu September 16, 2021 1:48 pm

bucketfinck wrote:Any word on the Haves?

They have not a fucking clue

Thu September 16, 2021 6:50 pm

JuanHamm wrote:
bucketfinck wrote:Any word on the Haves?

They have not a fucking clue

AL

Thu September 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Well done.

Fri September 17, 2021 12:45 am

eddie wrote a song about his family?
Post a reply