The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 45625
Location: In the oatmeal aisle wearing a Shellac shirt
Anders wrote:
It’s a nice account. One of very few people I don’t know, that I still follow.

I follow it and mostly enjoy it. She gets a little preachy sometimes


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 14574
I follow Beth Liebling.

She never posts.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 41926
Location: Buenos Aires
Birds in Hell wrote:
I follow Beth Liebling.

So does Jill, if you think about it

_________________
Anders wrote:
Human interaction is important. To love, to laugh, to feel joy, for some even friendship. These are important to life, and a vital part of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 45625
Location: In the oatmeal aisle wearing a Shellac shirt
Birds in Hell wrote:
I follow Beth Liebling.

She never posts.

Same


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Mon September 13, 2021 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 20664
Location: Surrounded by Wokes. Please send help.
Jorge wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I follow Beth Liebling.

So does Jill, if you think about it

You could even say she came after

_________________
Maybe this will be the post that finally gets me banned.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Mon September 13, 2021 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 41926
Location: Buenos Aires
Bammer wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I follow Beth Liebling.

So does Jill, if you think about it

You could even say she came after

Yes

_________________
Anders wrote:
Human interaction is important. To love, to laugh, to feel joy, for some even friendship. These are important to life, and a vital part of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Mon September 13, 2021 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 20664
Location: Surrounded by Wokes. Please send help.
Jorge wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I follow Beth Liebling.

So does Jill, if you think about it

You could even say she came after

Yes

In bed, I mean.

_________________
Maybe this will be the post that finally gets me banned.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Mon September 13, 2021 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 28850
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Bammer wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I follow Beth Liebling.

So does Jill, if you think about it

You could even say she came after

Yes

In bed, I mean.

You don’t know that

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Mon September 13, 2021 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 1264
sweeper wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Eddies wife on Instagram said she had been listening to this since early summer. Seems liked Eddie spent the spring and summer getting this together.


They may have had the song in the can since spring/summer but I'd be surprised if Ed spent a lot of time putting it together. I think his MO as an artist has always been to want to record things right in moment and go with however it turns out. That's what he did with Into the Wild and we hear it a lot on his PJ contributions. The Watt guy (producer) made it sound in one of the interviews that Ed basically just visited him as a friendship thing because he was already in town for some benefit. Then Watt showed him the studio and they did some stuff impromptu.


That's not my read on Ed. Into the Wild was a different way of writing and recording for him. He likes to put a little fixin' on it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Wed September 15, 2021 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 16397
Location: here
Thurman Murman wrote:



I gotta say that for myself, personally, I have never truly contemplated suicide.

But somehow now I guess I have a newfound understanding of why someone might consider it.

_________________
knee tunes wrote:
I'm eating a candy bracelet right now.

It's fun to gnaw on your wrist!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Wed September 15, 2021 4:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 15060
Location: Oslo, Norway
Did you take the long way on the freeway?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Wed September 15, 2021 6:59 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun July 07, 2013 3:44 am
Posts: 82
Hatfield wrote:
sweeper wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Eddies wife on Instagram said she had been listening to this since early summer. Seems liked Eddie spent the spring and summer getting this together.


They may have had the song in the can since spring/summer but I'd be surprised if Ed spent a lot of time putting it together. I think his MO as an artist has always been to want to record things right in moment and go with however it turns out. That's what he did with Into the Wild and we hear it a lot on his PJ contributions. The Watt guy (producer) made it sound in one of the interviews that Ed basically just visited him as a friendship thing because he was already in town for some benefit. Then Watt showed him the studio and they did some stuff impromptu.


That's not my read on Ed. Into the Wild was a different way of writing and recording for him. He likes to put a little fixin' on it.


He's been a "let's record it live and not overthink things with a bunch of takes" guy since he met Neil Young, imo. Vitalogy definitely stands out as a shift where they were using that approach.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Wed September 15, 2021 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 24824
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
Dang you guys have a lot of insight into how they record. You work for BoB or something?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Thu September 16, 2021 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed October 29, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Australia
About 6 months ago, the house across the road from my house caught fire around midnight. It was a share house that had a lot of people coming and going that was owned by the government. The fire was treated as suspicious, no one was home and no one came back to the house to get anything. it was taped off by police...


Annnyway, yesterday I was going out to get groceries at about 9am and there has been a demolition truck and a few guys slowly deconstructing the house. Its a high set house and the roof and walls were gone. there was a 30'ish bearded man that looked like he would be at Wrigley for lets play two DVD standing up on the floorboards wearing hi-vis, and "Long way on the freeway" was blaring on their portable speaker. he looked mesmerized staring out at the street.

I waited in the car for the song to end, to ensure it was on rock radio, (which it was). That station only plays cold chisel and ACDC so.. :shock:

end of story.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Thu September 16, 2021 8:15 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri September 13, 2013 12:45 pm
Posts: 15
Any word on the Haves? Is it too soon to hope for a friday release?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Thu September 16, 2021 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 4420
Location: Most likely at the office...
coptheriotact wrote:
About 6 months ago, the house across the road from my house caught fire around midnight. It was a share house that had a lot of people coming and going that was owned by the government. The fire was treated as suspicious, no one was home and no one came back to the house to get anything. it was taped off by police...


Annnyway, yesterday I was going out to get groceries at about 9am and there has been a demolition truck and a few guys slowly deconstructing the house. Its a high set house and the roof and walls were gone. there was a 30'ish bearded man that looked like he would be at Wrigley for lets play two DVD standing up on the floorboards wearing hi-vis, and "Long way on the freeway" was blaring on their portable speaker. he looked mesmerized staring out at the street.

I waited in the car for the song to end, to ensure it was on rock radio, (which it was). That station only plays cold chisel and ACDC so.. :shock:

end of story.

This is great.

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Thu September 16, 2021 1:48 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 4256
bucketfinck wrote:
Any word on the Haves?


They have not a fucking clue

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Many librarians are not a joke. I am one of the librarians that is a joke


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Thu September 16, 2021 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 90464
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
JuanHamm wrote:
bucketfinck wrote:
Any word on the Haves?


They have not a fucking clue

AL


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Thu September 16, 2021 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 90464
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Well done.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Earthling
PostPosted: Fri September 17, 2021 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1704
Location: CT
eddie wrote a song about his family?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sharkey63rd and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun October 24, 2021 12:33 pm