The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ten [Super Deluxe] and Ten [Deluxe]
PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 9:48 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
Strat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Strat wrote:
dad wrote:
Strat wrote:
dad wrote:
XLD is a good converter for macs.

This is the one. Thanks dad and snatch!

Now if only Apple Music would get its shit together so i can actually get it on my phone

yeah, that's a tough one.

best unsolicited advice i can give is to go from flac to alac, or flac>wav>alac. i *think* you can put that on your phone. files are pretty large, though.

No, its apples stupid process these days for syncing between mac/iphone. Gone are the days of being able to drag and drop the songs you want. So fucking awful.

Im getting close to being done with apple.

No you're not

But maybe?

this is getting close.

How does one switch from apple to whatever else there is? Is the transition smooth? Im nervous!

I mean, i have a macbook so whatever. Fuck it all.

Okay, back to PJ.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 9:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat if you get an android, then EVERY video you receive will be tiny

PostPosted: Thu September 09, 2021 12:30 am 
Lost Cat

As I am new around here I'm not certain where to locate the link for downloading. Any help would be appreciated. And thank you for putting this whole package together. What a way to celebrate 30 years!! :hooray:

PostPosted: Thu September 09, 2021 1:30 am 
The worst

welcome to the board :)

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon September 13, 2021 2:30 am 
Banned from the Pit

can someone share where I can get this? Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu September 16, 2021 11:00 pm 
Lost Cat

This is so awesome! Thank you for all of your work on this!

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 11:40 am 
Lost Cat

Where can I get a copy of this? Thanks in advance!

ridleybradout wrote:
Two new deluxe editions to mark this special occasion :)

Quote:
===============
P E A R L J A M
===============
T E N
===============
[SUPER DELUXE]
===============

Compilation and artwork by ridleybradout
Remastering by Wendy Carlos’s Twin
August 2021

FAN-MADE PROJECT - NOT FOR SALE

*Share freely but do not distribute as mp3*

Pearl Jam’s debut album is turning 30 years old, so I thought it was time to give it the proper ridleybradout deluxe treatment.
I usually start these notes with a backstory on the album, but I think we all know it pretty well by now: ‘rose from the ashes’,
yadda yadda. What we don’t know are the details of Pearl Jam’s recording history during these ‘lightning in a bottle’ sessions
which took place at London Bridge Studios between 1990 and 1992. So I made it my mission to piece together all the information
available from interviews, books, liner notes, cassette leaks, as well as personal communications with people who were there
such as Cameron Crowe and engineers Dave Hillis and Jonathan Plum, in order to bring together the most complete and organised
collection of recordings from the 1990-1992 sessions ever assembled.

Disc One starts with a WCT remaster of the 2008 Brendan O’Brien remix from the ‘Redux’ edition of the album. While having less
reverb and better separation than the original mix, this remix suffered from massive brickwalling issues. WCT’s remaster has a
much more crisp, balanced and natural sound - this is the closest you are going to get to hearing what it was like being at
London Bridge Studios while they tracked the album. Disc One is rounded out with the six completed outtakes from the ‘Ten’
sessions (which flow really nicely together), including the more developed version of ‘Wash’ that was recorded during the
actual album sessions, and sounds more similar to the excellent live versions from this period.

Disc Two presents the Stone Gossard demos recorded with Matt Cameron and Chris Friel in August 1990. They come from a variety of
sources, as the sound quality of these was highly variable. WCT has done a magnificent job to get them sounding as good as this.
Disc Two concludes with the ‘Momma-Son’ tape that birthed the band, sourced from an official promo CD of the 2009 box set.

Disc Three contains the original ‘Mookie Blaylock Demos’, laid down at London Bridge the day after the band’s first show. A
track known as ‘Instrumental #2’ that surfaced on a cassette of outtakes circulated to friends of the band has been retitled
‘Garden Jam’ and is attributed to this session, though its recorded date has yet to be confirmed. It’s also possible that this
track came from the ‘Alive’ promo session recorded in January 1991, which rounds out this disc. In addition to the 3 tracks
released on the ‘Alive’ promo, ‘Touch Me I’m Dick’ and ‘Wishing Well’ are included here as I’ve received indication that they
were also from this session. Little known fact discovered in the 2009 Ten Box set scrapbook: ‘Yellow Ledbetter’ was also
recorded during this session. There were other songs recorded on this day but they remain unknown and unreleased.

Disc Four starts with demos and outtakes from that have been confirmed to have come from the main ‘Ten’ sessions recorded in
March-April 1991. Shortly after these sessions wrapped up, Dave Krusen left the band and was temporarily replaced with Matt
Chamberlain, who put them in touch with Dave Abbruzesse. Dave has his first rehearsal with Pearl Jam on August 5, 1991, and
immediately impressed. After playing some album launch shows in August, the band went back to London Bridge Studios in
September to record the version of ‘State of Love and Trust’ that was used in the movie ‘Singles’ (before being later remixed
by Brendan O’Brien for the soundtrack) and some other demos and instrumental ideas. ‘Chinese’ and the demo version of ‘Leash’
sourced from the ‘Stuffins’ cassette are thought, though not confirmed, to be from these sessions. The one track on this set
not previously in circulation is a full-band acoustic version of ‘Hold On’, which comes via the owner of the ‘Dave A’ cassette
collection. Unfortunately missing from this session is a cover of the ‘Yes’ song ‘Owner Of A Lonely Heart’, which has yet to
be circulated, but has a spot on this disc waiting to welcome it when it does.

Disc Four continues with the tracks recorded during the two-day ‘Singles’ session in January 1992, the Brendan O’Brien remixes
from May 1992, and finally key ‘Ten’-era tracks, ‘Footsteps’ and ‘Sonic Reducer’ recorded in May and September 1992 respectively.
The PJ20 book states that the band also recorded an impressive cover of ‘Baba O’Riley’ in the September 1992 session, hopefully
we get to hear it one day.

**As with the other deluxe editions I’ve put out, this set will be updated if new tracks or information come to light, so
please send anything you may come across to ridleybradout AT hotmail.com.

**Also check out the 2-CD deluxe edition by joostone, which features an expertly curated and remastered disc of b-sides and
rarities from the ‘Ten’ era.

TRACKLIST
=========

DISC ONE
--------

‘TEN’ 2008 REMIX
WCT REMASTER
1-01 Once (2008 Remix)
1-02 Even Flow (2008 Remix)
1-03 Alive (2008 Remix)
1-04 Why Go (2008 Remix)
1-05 Black (2008 Remix)
1-06 Jeremy (2008 Remix)
1-07 Oceans (2008 Remix)
1-08 Porch (2008 Remix)
1-09 Garden (2008 Remix)
1-10 Deep (2008 Remix)
1-11 Release (2008 Remix)
1-12 Master-Slave (2008 Remix)

FINISHED ‘TEN’ OUTTAKES
WCT REMASTER

1-13 Wash (Ten Outtake)
1-14 Brother (Ten Outtake)
1-15 Just A Girl (Ten Outtake)
1-16 Alone (Ten Outtake)
1-17 Hold On (Ten Outtake)
1-18 Yellow Ledbetter (B-Side)

DISC TWO
--------

STONE GOSSARD DEMOS
AUGUST 1990

2-01 Doobie E (Gossard Demo)
2-02 Agyptian Crave (Gossard Demo)
2-03 Troubled Times (Gossard Demo)
2-04 Evil E (Gossard Demo)
2-05 Folk D (Gossard Demo)
2-06 The King (Gossard Demo)
2-07 Dollar Short (Gossard Demo)
2-08 Richard’s E (Gossard Demo)
2-09 E Ballad (Gossard Demo)
2-10 Wreck (Gossard Demo)
2-11 Weird A (Gossard Demo)
2-12 7-Up (Gossard Demo)

MOMMA-SON DEMOS
SEPTEMBER 1990

2-13 Alive (Momma-Son Demo)
2-14 Once (Momma-Son Demo)
2-15 Footsteps (Momma-Son Demo)

DISC THREE
----------

MOOKIE BLAYLOCK DEMOS
OCTOBER 1990

3-01 Even Flow (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-02 Once (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-03 Breath (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-04 Release (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-05 Just A Girl (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-06 Alive (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-07 Alone (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-08 Oceans (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-09 Black (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-10 Yellow Ledbetter (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-11 Animal Jam (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-12 Garden Jam (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-13 It Ain’t Like That (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-14 Evil Little Goat (Mookie Blaylock Demo)

CHRISTMAS SINGLE SESSION
DECEMBER 1990

315 Let Me Sleep (Christmas Single)

‘ALIVE’ PROMO SINGLE SESSION
JANUARY 1991

3-16 Alive (Promo Session Mix)
3-17 Wash (Promo Session B-Side)
3-18 Touch Me I’m Dick (Promo Session)
3-19 I’ve Got A Feeling (Promo Session)
3-20 Wishing Well (Promo Session)

DISC FOUR
---------

‘TEN’ SESSIONS DEMOS & OUTTAKES
MARCH-APRIL 1991

4-01 Oceans (Remix)
4-02 Breath (Ten Outtake)
4-03 State Of Love And Trust (Demo)
4-04 2,000 Mile Blues (Demo)

FIRST SESSIONS WITH DAVE ABBRUZESSE
SEPTEMBER 1991

4-05 Acoustic #1 (Demo)
4-06 Angel (Christmas Single)
4-07 Leash (Demo)
4-08 Hold On (Acoustic Demo)
4-09 Instrumental #4 (Demo)
4-10 Chinese (Demo)
4-11 State Of Love And Trust (Singles Movie Mix)

‘SINGLES’ SOUNDTRACK SESSION
JANUARY 1992

4-12 Breath (Singles Soundtrack)
4-13 Even Flow (Re-Recorded Version)
4-14 Dirty Frank (B-Side)

BRENDAN O’BRIEN REMIX SESSION
MAY 1992

4-15 Jeremy (Single Mix)
4-16 State Of Love And Trust (Singles Soundtrack Mix)

ROCKLINE SESSION
MAY 1992

4-17 Footsteps (Rockline Session B-Side)

CHRISTMAS SINGLE SESSION
SEPTEMBER 1992

4-18 Sonic Reducer (Christmas Single)

SOURCE INFO
===========

DISC ONE
--------

Tracks 1-12 from ‘Ten Redux’ CD, mixed by Brendan O’Brien
Track 13 from ‘Lost Dogs’ CD, mixed by Brett Eliason
Track 14-17 from ‘Rarities Unreleased Cuts’ Lost Dogs production CD, mixed by Rick Parashar
Track 18 from ‘Jeremy’ CD single, mixed by Rick Parashar

Recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, March 27-April 26, 1991
Except tracks 3 and 18 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, January 29, 1991
Dave Krusen played drums on all tracks

DISC TWO
--------

Tracks 1,2,4,5,12 from unknown cassette
Track 3 from ‘Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack’ CD
Tracks 6-11 from ‘Hallucinogenic Recipe’ Bootleg CD
Track 6 intro and outro from unknown cassette
Tracks 13-15 from ‘Ten Super Deluxe’ Promo CD

Recorded at Reciprocal Studios, Seattle, WA, August 1990
Vocal overdubs on tracks 13-15 recorded by Eddie Vedder at home,
San Diego, CA, September 13, 1990
Matt Cameron played drums on tracks 1-2,4-8,10-14
Chris Friel played drums on tracks 3,9,15

DISC THREE
----------

Tracks 1,2,4,6-11 from Vedder cassette dub
Track 3,5,14 from ‘Ten Redux’ CD
Track 12 from ‘Pearl Jam Outtakes’ cassette
Track 13 from ‘Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack’ CD
Track 15 from ‘Lost Dogs’ CD, mixed by Rick Parashar
Tracks 16,17,19 from ‘Alive’ Promo CD, mixed by Rick Parashar
Track 18 from ‘Singles Soundtrack’ Deluxe 2CD, mixed by John Burton
Track 20 from 2015 Ten Club Holiday Gift MP3, mixed by John Burton

Tracks 1-13 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, October 23, 1990
Track 14 recorded at Galleria Potatohead, Seattle, WA, October 20, 1990
Track 15 recorded at at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, December, 1990
Tracks 16-20 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, January 29, 1991
Recording dates of tracks 12,13,20 yet to be confirmed

DISC FOUR
---------

Track 1 from ‘Even Flow’ CD single, mixed by Tim Palmer
Track 2 from ‘Rough Mixes ‘4-26-91’ cassette
Tracks 3,4 from ‘Ten Redux’ CD
Track 5 from ‘Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack’ CD
Track 6 from 1993 Ten Club Holiday Gift FLAC, mixed by Rick Parashar
Tracks 7,10 from ‘Stuffins’ cassette
Tracks 8,9 from ‘Demo 1, Sept 1991’ cassette
Track 11 from ‘Rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003’ CD, mixed by Rick Parashar
Track 12 from ‘Singles Soundtrack’ CD, mixed by Brian Malouf
Track 13 from ‘Even Flow’ UK CD single, mixed by Brian Malouf
Track 14 from ‘Even Flow’ CD single, mixed by Pearl Jam and Jonathan Plum
Track 15 from ‘Jeremy’ CD single, mixed by Brendan O’Brien
Track 16 from ‘Singles Soundtrack’ CD, mixed by Brendan O’Brien
Track 17 from ‘Jeremy’ CD single, mixed by Jimmy Hite
Track 18 from ‘Westwood One: On The Edge’ promo CD, mixed by Brendan O’Brien

Tracks 1-4,15 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, March 27-April 26, 1991
Tracks 5-11 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, September, 1991
Tracks 12-14 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, January 12-13, 1992
Track 17 recorded live on Rockline, KLOS Studios, Los Angeles, CA, May 11, 1992
Track 18 recorded at Southern Tracks Recording Studio, Atlanta, GA, September 4, 1992
Recording dates of tracks 7,10 yet to be confirmed
Dave Krusen played drums on tracks 1-4,15
Dave Abbruzesse played drums on tracks 7-14,16,18

CREDITS
=======

All tracks written by Pearl Jam except for
‘It Ain’t Like That’ by Alice In Chains
‘Touch Me I’m Dick’ by Mudhoney
‘I’ve Got A Feeling’ by The Beatles
‘Wishing Well’ by Free
‘Sonic Reducer’ by Dead Boys

Engineered by Rick Parashar, Dave Hillis, Chris Hanzsek, Jonathan Plum, Jimmy Hite and Brendan O’Brien
All tracks produced by Rick Parashar and Pearl Jam except for
‘Footsteps’ produced by Rockline
‘Sonic Reducer’ produced by Brendan O’Brien

Download from the usual spot :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu October 07, 2021 5:55 am 
Banned from the Pit

BKutys wrote:
Where can I get a copy of this? Thanks in advance!

ridleybradout wrote:
Two new deluxe editions to mark this special occasion :)

Quote:
===============
P E A R L J A M
===============
T E N
===============
[SUPER DELUXE]
===============

Compilation and artwork by ridleybradout
Remastering by Wendy Carlos’s Twin
August 2021

FAN-MADE PROJECT - NOT FOR SALE

*Share freely but do not distribute as mp3*

Pearl Jam’s debut album is turning 30 years old, so I thought it was time to give it the proper ridleybradout deluxe treatment.
I usually start these notes with a backstory on the album, but I think we all know it pretty well by now: ‘rose from the ashes’,
yadda yadda. What we don’t know are the details of Pearl Jam’s recording history during these ‘lightning in a bottle’ sessions
which took place at London Bridge Studios between 1990 and 1992. So I made it my mission to piece together all the information
available from interviews, books, liner notes, cassette leaks, as well as personal communications with people who were there
such as Cameron Crowe and engineers Dave Hillis and Jonathan Plum, in order to bring together the most complete and organised
collection of recordings from the 1990-1992 sessions ever assembled.

Disc One starts with a WCT remaster of the 2008 Brendan O’Brien remix from the ‘Redux’ edition of the album. While having less
reverb and better separation than the original mix, this remix suffered from massive brickwalling issues. WCT’s remaster has a
much more crisp, balanced and natural sound - this is the closest you are going to get to hearing what it was like being at
London Bridge Studios while they tracked the album. Disc One is rounded out with the six completed outtakes from the ‘Ten’
sessions (which flow really nicely together), including the more developed version of ‘Wash’ that was recorded during the
actual album sessions, and sounds more similar to the excellent live versions from this period.

Disc Two presents the Stone Gossard demos recorded with Matt Cameron and Chris Friel in August 1990. They come from a variety of
sources, as the sound quality of these was highly variable. WCT has done a magnificent job to get them sounding as good as this.
Disc Two concludes with the ‘Momma-Son’ tape that birthed the band, sourced from an official promo CD of the 2009 box set.

Disc Three contains the original ‘Mookie Blaylock Demos’, laid down at London Bridge the day after the band’s first show. A
track known as ‘Instrumental #2’ that surfaced on a cassette of outtakes circulated to friends of the band has been retitled
‘Garden Jam’ and is attributed to this session, though its recorded date has yet to be confirmed. It’s also possible that this
track came from the ‘Alive’ promo session recorded in January 1991, which rounds out this disc. In addition to the 3 tracks
released on the ‘Alive’ promo, ‘Touch Me I’m Dick’ and ‘Wishing Well’ are included here as I’ve received indication that they
were also from this session. Little known fact discovered in the 2009 Ten Box set scrapbook: ‘Yellow Ledbetter’ was also
recorded during this session. There were other songs recorded on this day but they remain unknown and unreleased.

Disc Four starts with demos and outtakes from that have been confirmed to have come from the main ‘Ten’ sessions recorded in
March-April 1991. Shortly after these sessions wrapped up, Dave Krusen left the band and was temporarily replaced with Matt
Chamberlain, who put them in touch with Dave Abbruzesse. Dave has his first rehearsal with Pearl Jam on August 5, 1991, and
immediately impressed. After playing some album launch shows in August, the band went back to London Bridge Studios in
September to record the version of ‘State of Love and Trust’ that was used in the movie ‘Singles’ (before being later remixed
by Brendan O’Brien for the soundtrack) and some other demos and instrumental ideas. ‘Chinese’ and the demo version of ‘Leash’
sourced from the ‘Stuffins’ cassette are thought, though not confirmed, to be from these sessions. The one track on this set
not previously in circulation is a full-band acoustic version of ‘Hold On’, which comes via the owner of the ‘Dave A’ cassette
collection. Unfortunately missing from this session is a cover of the ‘Yes’ song ‘Owner Of A Lonely Heart’, which has yet to
be circulated, but has a spot on this disc waiting to welcome it when it does.

Disc Four continues with the tracks recorded during the two-day ‘Singles’ session in January 1992, the Brendan O’Brien remixes
from May 1992, and finally key ‘Ten’-era tracks, ‘Footsteps’ and ‘Sonic Reducer’ recorded in May and September 1992 respectively.
The PJ20 book states that the band also recorded an impressive cover of ‘Baba O’Riley’ in the September 1992 session, hopefully
we get to hear it one day.

**As with the other deluxe editions I’ve put out, this set will be updated if new tracks or information come to light, so
please send anything you may come across to ridleybradout AT hotmail.com.

**Also check out the 2-CD deluxe edition by joostone, which features an expertly curated and remastered disc of b-sides and
rarities from the ‘Ten’ era.

TRACKLIST
=========

DISC ONE
--------

‘TEN’ 2008 REMIX
WCT REMASTER
1-01 Once (2008 Remix)
1-02 Even Flow (2008 Remix)
1-03 Alive (2008 Remix)
1-04 Why Go (2008 Remix)
1-05 Black (2008 Remix)
1-06 Jeremy (2008 Remix)
1-07 Oceans (2008 Remix)
1-08 Porch (2008 Remix)
1-09 Garden (2008 Remix)
1-10 Deep (2008 Remix)
1-11 Release (2008 Remix)
1-12 Master-Slave (2008 Remix)

FINISHED ‘TEN’ OUTTAKES
WCT REMASTER

1-13 Wash (Ten Outtake)
1-14 Brother (Ten Outtake)
1-15 Just A Girl (Ten Outtake)
1-16 Alone (Ten Outtake)
1-17 Hold On (Ten Outtake)
1-18 Yellow Ledbetter (B-Side)

DISC TWO
--------

STONE GOSSARD DEMOS
AUGUST 1990

2-01 Doobie E (Gossard Demo)
2-02 Agyptian Crave (Gossard Demo)
2-03 Troubled Times (Gossard Demo)
2-04 Evil E (Gossard Demo)
2-05 Folk D (Gossard Demo)
2-06 The King (Gossard Demo)
2-07 Dollar Short (Gossard Demo)
2-08 Richard’s E (Gossard Demo)
2-09 E Ballad (Gossard Demo)
2-10 Wreck (Gossard Demo)
2-11 Weird A (Gossard Demo)
2-12 7-Up (Gossard Demo)

MOMMA-SON DEMOS
SEPTEMBER 1990

2-13 Alive (Momma-Son Demo)
2-14 Once (Momma-Son Demo)
2-15 Footsteps (Momma-Son Demo)

DISC THREE
----------

MOOKIE BLAYLOCK DEMOS
OCTOBER 1990

3-01 Even Flow (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-02 Once (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-03 Breath (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-04 Release (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-05 Just A Girl (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-06 Alive (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-07 Alone (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-08 Oceans (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-09 Black (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-10 Yellow Ledbetter (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-11 Animal Jam (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-12 Garden Jam (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-13 It Ain’t Like That (Mookie Blaylock Demo)
3-14 Evil Little Goat (Mookie Blaylock Demo)

CHRISTMAS SINGLE SESSION
DECEMBER 1990

315 Let Me Sleep (Christmas Single)

‘ALIVE’ PROMO SINGLE SESSION
JANUARY 1991

3-16 Alive (Promo Session Mix)
3-17 Wash (Promo Session B-Side)
3-18 Touch Me I’m Dick (Promo Session)
3-19 I’ve Got A Feeling (Promo Session)
3-20 Wishing Well (Promo Session)

DISC FOUR
---------

‘TEN’ SESSIONS DEMOS & OUTTAKES
MARCH-APRIL 1991

4-01 Oceans (Remix)
4-02 Breath (Ten Outtake)
4-03 State Of Love And Trust (Demo)
4-04 2,000 Mile Blues (Demo)

FIRST SESSIONS WITH DAVE ABBRUZESSE
SEPTEMBER 1991

4-05 Acoustic #1 (Demo)
4-06 Angel (Christmas Single)
4-07 Leash (Demo)
4-08 Hold On (Acoustic Demo)
4-09 Instrumental #4 (Demo)
4-10 Chinese (Demo)
4-11 State Of Love And Trust (Singles Movie Mix)

‘SINGLES’ SOUNDTRACK SESSION
JANUARY 1992

4-12 Breath (Singles Soundtrack)
4-13 Even Flow (Re-Recorded Version)
4-14 Dirty Frank (B-Side)

BRENDAN O’BRIEN REMIX SESSION
MAY 1992

4-15 Jeremy (Single Mix)
4-16 State Of Love And Trust (Singles Soundtrack Mix)

ROCKLINE SESSION
MAY 1992

4-17 Footsteps (Rockline Session B-Side)

CHRISTMAS SINGLE SESSION
SEPTEMBER 1992

4-18 Sonic Reducer (Christmas Single)

SOURCE INFO
===========

DISC ONE
--------

Tracks 1-12 from ‘Ten Redux’ CD, mixed by Brendan O’Brien
Track 13 from ‘Lost Dogs’ CD, mixed by Brett Eliason
Track 14-17 from ‘Rarities Unreleased Cuts’ Lost Dogs production CD, mixed by Rick Parashar
Track 18 from ‘Jeremy’ CD single, mixed by Rick Parashar

Recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, March 27-April 26, 1991
Except tracks 3 and 18 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, January 29, 1991

DISC TWO
--------

Tracks 1,2,4,5,12 from unknown cassette
Track 3 from ‘Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack’ CD
Tracks 6-11 from ‘Hallucinogenic Recipe’ Bootleg CD
Track 6 intro and outro from unknown cassette
Tracks 13-15 from ‘Ten Super Deluxe’ Promo CD

Recorded at Reciprocal Studios, Seattle, WA, August 1990
Vocal overdubs on tracks 13-15 recorded by Eddie Vedder at home,
San Diego, CA, September 13, 1990
Matt Cameron played drums on tracks 1-2,4-8,10-14
Chris Friel played drums on tracks 3,9,15

DISC THREE
----------

Tracks 1,2,4,6-11 from Vedder cassette dub
Track 3,5,14 from ‘Ten Redux’ CD
Track 12 from ‘Pearl Jam Outtakes’ cassette
Track 13 from ‘Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack’ CD
Track 15 from ‘Lost Dogs’ CD, mixed by Rick Parashar
Tracks 16,17,19 from ‘Alive’ Promo CD, mixed by Rick Parashar
Track 18 from ‘Singles Soundtrack’ Deluxe 2CD, mixed by John Burton
Track 20 from 2015 Ten Club Holiday Gift MP3, mixed by John Burton

Tracks 1-13 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, October 23, 1990
Track 14 recorded at Galleria Potatohead, Seattle, WA, October 20, 1990
Track 15 recorded at at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, December, 1990
Tracks 16-20 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, January 29, 1991
Recording dates of tracks 12,13,20 yet to be confirmed

DISC FOUR
---------

Track 1 from ‘Even Flow’ CD single, mixed by Tim Palmer
Track 2 from ‘Rough Mixes ‘4-26-91’ cassette
Tracks 3,4 from ‘Ten Redux’ CD
Track 5 from ‘Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack’ CD
Track 6 from 1993 Ten Club Holiday Gift FLAC, mixed by Rick Parashar
Tracks 7,10 from ‘Stuffins’ cassette
Tracks 8,9 from ‘Demo 1, Sept 1991’ cassette
Track 11 from ‘Rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003’ CD, mixed by Rick Parashar
Track 12 from ‘Singles Soundtrack’ CD, mixed by Brian Malouf
Track 13 from ‘Even Flow’ UK CD single, mixed by Brian Malouf
Track 14 from ‘Even Flow’ CD single, mixed by Pearl Jam and Jonathan Plum
Track 15 from ‘Jeremy’ CD single, mixed by Brendan O’Brien
Track 16 from ‘Singles Soundtrack’ CD, mixed by Brendan O’Brien
Track 17 from ‘Jeremy’ CD single, mixed by Jimmy Hite
Track 18 from ‘Westwood One: On The Edge’ promo CD, mixed by Brendan O’Brien

Tracks 1-4,15 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, March 27-April 26, 1991
Tracks 5-11 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, September, 1991
Tracks 12-14 recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, WA, January 12-13, 1992
Track 17 recorded live on Rockline, KLOS Studios, Los Angeles, CA, May 11, 1992
Track 18 recorded at Southern Tracks Recording Studio, Atlanta, GA, September 4, 1992
Recording dates of tracks 7,10 yet to be confirmed
Dave Krusen played drums on tracks 1-4,15
Dave Abbruzesse played drums on tracks 7-14,16,18

CREDITS
=======

All tracks written by Pearl Jam except for
‘It Ain’t Like That’ by Alice In Chains
‘Touch Me I’m Dick’ by Mudhoney
‘I’ve Got A Feeling’ by The Beatles
‘Wishing Well’ by Free
‘Sonic Reducer’ by Dead Boys

Engineered by Rick Parashar, Dave Hillis, Chris Hanzsek, Jonathan Plum, Jimmy Hite and Brendan O’Brien
All tracks produced by Rick Parashar and Pearl Jam except for
‘Footsteps’ produced by Rockline
‘Sonic Reducer’ produced by Brendan O’Brien

Download from the usual spot :thumbsup:

Hi, can someone address me to the usual spot ? deeply appreciated

PostPosted: Mon October 11, 2021 5:11 am 
Banned from the Pit

Thought I’d ask this one: With Radiohead’s Kid Amnesiac getting the wonderful live treatment by WCT and RBO, was there any thought of doing something similar for Ten. Yes, I know and love the “Definitive” collection but was wondering if a “Live in 1992” was ever considered. I’ve tried something like it myself before but I guess they have too many “openers” … Release, Oceans, Wash.

PostPosted: Tue February 01, 2022 4:11 pm 
tl;dr

This is my new favorite way to listen to early PJ -- I've heard all of this stuff scattered across various sources over the years, but listening to it in this way, with everything in one place, with the levels consistent, is a beautifully immersive experience. Ten isn't even my favorite era but this is one of my favorite WCT/Ridley projects -- just beautifully done.

PostPosted: Tue February 01, 2022 5:17 pm 
The Master

Kevin Davis wrote:
This is my new favorite way to listen to early PJ -- I've heard all of this stuff scattered across various sources over the years, but listening to it in this way, with everything in one place, with the levels consistent, is a beautifully immersive experience. Ten isn't even my favorite era but this is one of my favorite WCT/Ridley projects -- just beautifully done.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue February 01, 2022 6:11 pm 
tl;dr

The track labeled "Garden Jam" on CD3 is great -- sounds like it could just be Stone, Jeff, and Dave? I wish there were more recordings of PJ doing this kind of thing.

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 7:09 am 
Future Drummer

Kevin Davis wrote:
The track labeled "Garden Jam" on CD3 is great -- sounds like it could just be Stone, Jeff, and Dave? I wish there were more recordings of PJ doing this kind of thing.

Apparently there are some more of these kind of instrumentals on the 'Dave A' tapes.

Good to hear you're enjoying the comp Kevin - it was a labour of love :heartbeat:

There are only two pre-PRAMG albums that I haven't got the WCT/ridley 'Deluxe' treatment yet (Vs and Vitalogy). Hopefully that songs like 'I Won't' and 'Eastern Beatles' will see the light of day before I get around to it :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 3:47 pm 
tl;dr

ridleybradout wrote:
Good to hear you're enjoying the comp Kevin - it was a labour of love :heartbeat:

It really shows, man. I wish I could express how much I've enjoyed all the compilations/projects you guys have given us over the years -- everything about the thought and effort you guys put into them, between the track choices, sequencing, attention to detail in the audio, notation, and artwork (I know not everyone still makes CD jewel cases for these but I still do!) just demonstrates such a reverence for the work and a respect for the listener that really elevates the material and the experience of listening to it. Looking forward to whatever you come up with next!

PostPosted: Thu February 10, 2022 2:39 am 
Banned from the Pit

I’d love a link please, big fan of these comps

PostPosted: Fri February 11, 2022 5:29 am 
Future Drummer

Kevin Davis wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

It really shows, man. I wish I could express how much I've enjoyed all the compilations/projects you guys have given us over the years -- everything about the thought and effort you guys put into them, between the track choices, sequencing, attention to detail in the audio, notation, and artwork (I know not everyone still makes CD jewel cases for these but I still do!) just demonstrates such a reverence for the work and a respect for the listener that really elevates the material and the experience of listening to it. Looking forward to whatever you come up with next!

I think you just did man - you have a way with words! :nice:

I can't write a song or paint a picture, but I consider these projects my creative outlet. In a small way I feel like when an artist says they just need to create, whether there's a audience out there or not, because the truth is if there weren't any ways to share these projects with the PJ community, I would still make them just for myself. The fact that the internet allows me to share them across the world with good folks like yourself is a blessing :)

PostPosted: Mon April 18, 2022 8:46 pm 
Lost Cat

Hi, I think I've missed "the usual spot" where to find this. Would someone be so kind as to pass it along? Thanks in advance, and thanks of course to ridleybradout, WCT and everyone else involved in this.

All the best.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2022 10:28 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I too would love a chance to grab this, and my sincere thanks to the amazing folks here who keep putting these together!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:53 pm 
Lost Cat

hi
i'm new on board
someone may help me to have a link to these deluxe editions?
Thanks to the team for this work! :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2023 11:10 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

ridleybradout wrote:

There are only two pre-PRAMG albums that I haven't got the WCT/ridley 'Deluxe' treatment yet (Vs and Vitalogy). Hopefully that songs like 'I Won't' and 'Eastern Beatles' will see the light of day before I get around to it :thumbsup:
It will be a beautiful day when we get that ridley Vs/Vitalogy deluxe set.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam