stip wrote:let it ride never did much for me but cold confession is great

Exact opposite for me. "Cold Confession" is so repetitive

They’re both really good.

Yup.
Leatherhead
Rank This Poster

Re: Cold Confession and Let It Ride - Avocado Outtakes

by Parrhesia » Tue February 25, 2020 2:39 am

Cold Confession is good (it's a bit repetitive but I love the melody and Ed's delivery so it's fine by me) and Let it Ride is great.
Parrhesia
Banned from the Pit

by EJ » Tue February 25, 2020 3:38 am

Just went back through the first 40ish pages of this thread. That was fantastic.
EJ
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

by PHATJ » Tue February 25, 2020 3:39 am

EJ wrote:Just went back through the first 40ish pages of this thread. That was fantastic.

Stand back when the spirit comes
PHATJ
10Club Complaint Department

by Clem Halibut » Fri February 28, 2020 7:34 pm

These were on You Tube a few days a go along with Anything In Between and now all 3 have disappeared.

Hoping there's a Lost Dogs 2 in the works cause these need to be released
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski
Clem Halibut
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

by warehouse » Wed January 06, 2021 12:41 am

i listened to these tonight for the first time in years. did cold confession turn into something else? i know its been a long time since i heard it, but the beginning reminded me of something.

also, just to reiterate, these songs are awesome. i'd love to know why they didnt do anything with these 2. and i'd love to find a longer version of 'cold confession' where they jam out longer at the end.
warehouse
Rank This Poster

by CitizenByron » Wed January 06, 2021 5:41 pm

warehouse wrote:i listened to these tonight for the first time in years. did cold confession turn into something else? i know its been a long time since i heard it, but the beginning reminded me of something.

also, just to reiterate, these songs are awesome. i'd love to know why they didnt do anything with these 2. and i'd love to find a longer version of 'cold confession' where they jam out longer at the end.

I think there's definitely elements on the new record that echo some of the musical ideas they had with Let It Ride, maybe less so with Cold Concession. The kinda extended jam thing I heard a couple times on Gigaton. I don't know if I hear a definitive line where one song morphed into something else. I'd imagine at some point the band will open the vaults to give these a proper release between these two, hopefully a proper version of Anything In Between and any of the other outtakes/demos. That period seemed particularly fertile for the band and it's interesting to see what made the record versus what did go further. That 10,000 Years Stone song was an interesting direction even if it might have been just a little demo.
CitizenByron
Banned from the Pit

by warehouse » Sat January 09, 2021 1:12 pm

CitizenByron wrote:
warehouse wrote:i listened to these tonight for the first time in years. did cold confession turn into something else? i know its been a long time since i heard it, but the beginning reminded me of something.

I think there's definitely elements on the new record that echo some of the musical ideas they had with Let It Ride, maybe less so with Cold Concession. The kinda extended jam thing I heard a couple times on Gigaton. I don't know if I hear a definitive line where one song morphed into something else. I'd imagine at some point the band will open the vaults to give these a proper release between these two, hopefully a proper version of Anything In Between and any of the other outtakes/demos. That period seemed particularly fertile for the band and it's interesting to see what made the record versus what did go further. That 10,000 Years Stone song was an interesting direction even if it might have been just a little demo.

it might just be a common chord progression. id love to hear these with the new producer.
warehouse
Rank This Poster

Previous