The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125

Rate the new songs
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 56%  56%  [ 66 ]
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 9%  9%  [ 11 ]
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 117
 Post subject: Re: Cold Confession and Let It Ride - Avocado Outtakes
PostPosted: Tue February 25, 2020 2:05 am 
10Club Complaint Department

theplatypus wrote:
stip wrote:
let it ride never did much for me but cold confession is great

Exact opposite for me. "Cold Confession" is so repetitive

They’re both really good.

PostPosted: Tue February 25, 2020 2:10 am 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
stip wrote:
let it ride never did much for me but cold confession is great

Exact opposite for me. "Cold Confession" is so repetitive

They’re both really good.

Yup.

PostPosted: Tue February 25, 2020 2:39 am 
Banned from the Pit

Cold Confession is good (it's a bit repetitive but I love the melody and Ed's delivery so it's fine by me) and Let it Ride is great.

PostPosted: Tue February 25, 2020 3:38 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Just went back through the first 40ish pages of this thread. That was fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue February 25, 2020 3:39 am 
10Club Complaint Department

EJ wrote:
Just went back through the first 40ish pages of this thread. That was fantastic.

Stand back when the spirit comes

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2020 7:34 pm 
Broken Tamborine

These were on You Tube a few days a go along with Anything In Between and now all 3 have disappeared.

Hoping there's a Lost Dogs 2 in the works cause these need to be released

PostPosted: Wed January 06, 2021 12:41 am 
Rank This Poster

i listened to these tonight for the first time in years. did cold confession turn into something else? i know its been a long time since i heard it, but the beginning reminded me of something.

also, just to reiterate, these songs are awesome. i'd love to know why they didnt do anything with these 2. and i'd love to find a longer version of 'cold confession' where they jam out longer at the end.

PostPosted: Wed January 06, 2021 5:41 pm 
Banned from the Pit

warehouse wrote:
i listened to these tonight for the first time in years. did cold confession turn into something else? i know its been a long time since i heard it, but the beginning reminded me of something.

also, just to reiterate, these songs are awesome. i'd love to know why they didnt do anything with these 2. and i'd love to find a longer version of 'cold confession' where they jam out longer at the end.

I think there's definitely elements on the new record that echo some of the musical ideas they had with Let It Ride, maybe less so with Cold Concession. The kinda extended jam thing I heard a couple times on Gigaton. I don't know if I hear a definitive line where one song morphed into something else. I'd imagine at some point the band will open the vaults to give these a proper release between these two, hopefully a proper version of Anything In Between and any of the other outtakes/demos. That period seemed particularly fertile for the band and it's interesting to see what made the record versus what did go further. That 10,000 Years Stone song was an interesting direction even if it might have been just a little demo.

PostPosted: Sat January 09, 2021 1:12 pm 
Rank This Poster

CitizenByron wrote:
warehouse wrote:

I think there's definitely elements on the new record that echo some of the musical ideas they had with Let It Ride, maybe less so with Cold Concession. The kinda extended jam thing I heard a couple times on Gigaton. I don't know if I hear a definitive line where one song morphed into something else. I'd imagine at some point the band will open the vaults to give these a proper release between these two, hopefully a proper version of Anything In Between and any of the other outtakes/demos. That period seemed particularly fertile for the band and it's interesting to see what made the record versus what did go further. That 10,000 Years Stone song was an interesting direction even if it might have been just a little demo.

it might just be a common chord progression. id love to hear these with the new producer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam