The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 125  Next

Rate the new songs
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 56%  56%  [ 66 ]
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 9%  9%  [ 11 ]
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
Pearl Jam is no longer allowed to track their albums: 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 117
 Post subject: Re: Cold Confession and Let It Ride - Avocado Outtakes
PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 12:26 pm 
A Return To Form

After of a few more listens of S/T album i\m really digging to it , especially with those two additions

The first half of the album is instant classic heavy and all that jazz

There's a question of mine 'bout wws vid, its seems sounded somewhat different to an album version whats give?

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 12:28 pm 
Future Drummer

Boing wrote:
That's not Boom, that's Mantracker. :thumbsup:

Boom naked (NSFW):

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 12:35 pm 
A Return To Form

i'd like to Boom were a member of SG, and never to participated to any of pj song

deep - ft boom - whatta cuff?
1/2 full - ft boom - whatta cuff?
etc

:evil:

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 12:57 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

taffer wrote:
i'd like to Boom were a member of SG, and never to participated to any of pj song

etc

Can I sig quote this?

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:17 pm 

The best thing I can say about these songs is that they're so good, no amount of butchery by Brendan O'Brien can really ruin them. If they're on the album, they'll be OK whatever he does to them, even if they're not great.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:18 pm 
The worst

harmless wrote:
The best thing I can say about these songs is that they're so good, no amount of butchery by Brendan O'Brien can really ruin them. If they're on the album, they'll be OK whatever he does to them, even if they're not great.

let it ride has such dull, plodding verses. I can't get into it

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:20 pm 

stip wrote:
harmless wrote:

let it ride has such dull, plodding verses. I can't get into it

I feel like that about CC :lol: Basically I think both songs are structurally sound. They're not the best of the best or anything.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:22 pm 
The worst

CC would lose me if the lyrics weren't really good and eddie not so commanding. But it's also a droning atmospheric piece so I'm willing to let myself drift with it.

ALthough this one hits me pretty hard. SOH is a bit similar and I don't enjoy it

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:36 pm 

I just moved my vote up by 3. That's the most significant vote change I've probably ever made as a member of this forum.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:40 pm 
Future Drummer

I love me a good droning atmospheric piece, especially with eds voice, I'm not sure i'd describe CC as such though myself, sleight of hand definitely. CC doesn't really feel plodding or meandering at all to me, songs like Thumbing my way and that new future days, they're plodding. There's barely any enjoyable melody for me in the vocals or the music and barely any emotion in eds voice to carry the song. CC has all these things :heartbeat:

Let it ride feels more unfinished and unpolished to me, but if it appeared on an album as is i don't think i'd mind. It wouldn't be my favourite track but it wouldnt be a skipper either.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:46 pm 
Broken Tamborine

stupidmop wrote:
Let it ride feels more unfinished and unpolished to me, but if it appeared on an album as is i don't think i'd mind. It wouldn't be my favourite track but it wouldnt be a skipper either.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:49 pm 

stupidmop wrote:
I love me a good droning atmospheric piece, especially with eds voice, I'm not sure i'd describe CC as such though myself, sleight of hand definitely. CC doesn't really feel plodding or meandering at all to me, songs like Thumbing my way and that new future days, they're plodding. There's barely any enjoyable melody for me in the vocals or the music and barely any emotion in eds voice to carry the song. CC has all these things :heartbeat:

CC, I think, has a melody and delivery which is potentially quite annoying if recorded by BO'B. It's the bigger risk of the two. The other thing I worry about is that BO'B said to Matt "Play it more simply -- it's an industry thing". Or that Matt did that anyway.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 1:59 pm 
Future Drummer

Noaheb wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

?
harmless wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

CC, I think, has a melody and delivery which is potentially quite annoying if recorded by BO'B. It's the bigger risk of the two. The other thing I worry about is that BO'B said to Matt "Play it more simply -- it's an industry thing". Or that Matt did that anyway.

Yeah i can see myself hating eds voice if this is re-recorded. Between the melody and the vocal affectations it's on the brink of what i can handle as it is.

Sung like this it could be amazing though. In fact i hope ed sounds like this for any ballads on the album.

I know next to nothing about drumming, but i can't see how simplifying the drums on this would help it any. It needs them for the jazzy funk groove it has going on. I really wan't an BoB interview for this album so i can see whats going on in studio for this, hell i'd take a band member interview but they're all useless at that.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 3:04 pm 
A Return To Form

harmless wrote:
taffer wrote:

etc

Can I sig quote this?

Lol, actually i would advise against it ,

but what ever

push me - pull me :D

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 3:38 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I'm a little late to the party but I was able to find Let it Ride. I like it and can see it holding up well to repeated listens. Haven't tracked down Cold Confession yet.

Last edited by Biff Pocoroba on Sat July 27, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 3:40 pm 
The worst

taffer wrote:
After of a few more listens of S/T album i\m really digging to it , especially with those two additions

There's a question of mine 'bout wws vid, its seems sounded somewhat different to an album version whats give?

It is live

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 4:13 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

stupidmop wrote:
Noaheb wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

?
harmless wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

Yeah i can see myself hating eds voice if this is re-recorded. Between the melody and the vocal affectations it's on the brink of what i can handle as it is.

Sung like this it could be amazing though. In fact i hope ed sounds like this for any ballads on the album.

I know next to nothing about drumming, but i can't see how simplifying the drums on this would help it any. It needs them for the jazzy funk groove it has going on. I really wan't an BoB interview for this album so i can see whats going on in studio for this, hell i'd take a band member interview but they're all useless at that.

:shock: what song is that?

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 4:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bluestate wrote:
stupidmop wrote:
Noaheb wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

?
harmless wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

:shock: what song is that?

it's cat power's song.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 4:16 pm 
A Return To Form

stip wrote:
taffer wrote:

It is live

Aye?

I\m thinking this version is much superior to regular version

non album version

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 8:56 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Did KL meet with his contact?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 125  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam