1 star
6%

Total votes : 53

Song of the Moment: Hold On

Fri December 28, 2012 5:40 pm

old thread archived here

Re: Song of the Moment: Hold On

Tue March 25, 2014 2:19 am

Is the Rarities Unreleased Cuts version of this a different vocal performance than the Lost Dogs version?

Tue March 25, 2014 2:21 am

I may as well put this here too:

Kevin Davis wrote:Is the Rarities Unreleased Cuts version of this a different vocal performance than the Lost Dogs version?

I believe Ed's vocals and Jeff's bass, which seems like little more than a rough guide take on the earlier recording, were rerecorded for Lost Dogs.

Tue March 25, 2014 2:24 am

Our posts must have crossed. Sorry, I thought the question was going to get missed in the demos thread--I rarely notice when those threads have new posts. Thanks for the info!

Tue March 25, 2014 2:47 am

I KNOW LIFE WOULD BE DIFFERENT IF I HELD ON :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Tue March 25, 2014 5:35 am

Kevin Davis wrote:Our posts must have crossed. Sorry, I thought the question was going to get missed in the demos thread--I rarely notice when those threads have new posts. Thanks for the info!

I for one am glad you two discussed the demo here as it gave me the chance to have a listen on a YouTube page. Very nice. I think acoustic works a lot better for this song, although the vocal performance was rather lacking.

Tue March 25, 2014 11:12 am

This is a total guilty pleasure song for me. I voted 3 stars, but it's probably a bit higher

Tue March 25, 2014 3:31 pm

This song is probably in my bottom 3. Absolute shit.

Tue March 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Was this recorded for Ten or Vs?
It always reminds me of dissident, I wonder of the similarity is why it got laid off

Tue March 25, 2014 3:37 pm

2 stars

Tue March 25, 2014 3:51 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:2 stars

Tue March 25, 2014 4:51 pm

I KNOW I COULD BE SOMETHING IF I HELD ON :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue March 25, 2014 5:25 pm

theplatypus wrote:I KNOW I COULD BE SOMETHING IF I HELD

Tue March 25, 2014 5:47 pm

as i'm unable to determine what the proper amount of ridicule is for this song i'll just confirm my like of it right now.

Tue March 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Guilty pleasure that lasted for awhile. Got sick of it. But could see it making a comeback for a little bit. Rinse and repeat. I gave it a 4, then changed it to a 3.

Tue March 25, 2014 6:50 pm

this limps into 3 stars, that might be a stretch actually. occasional guilty pleasure, kinda makes me nostalgic for early Ed singing.

Wed March 26, 2014 12:16 am

michael vick should have adopted this lost dog

Fri March 28, 2014 3:44 am

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:This song is probably in my bottom 3. Absolute shit.

The only thing shittier is the acoustic version (which inexplicably got a lot of love when it was first released).

Fri March 28, 2014 3:54 am

ridleybradout wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:This song is probably in my bottom 3. Absolute shit.

The only thing shittier is the acoustic version (which inexplicably got a lot of love when it was first released).

I accidentally picked this in the last PJ tournament, mistakenly thinking of Hold Me.

edit: which on another listen isn't much better but has the benefit of being a live improv

Fri March 28, 2014 2:39 pm

I accidentally picked it thinking it was this one.
Post a reply