The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 107  Next

Rate Lightning Bolt
5 Stars 24%  24%  [ 34 ]
4 Stars 42%  42%  [ 59 ]
3 Stars 16%  16%  [ 22 ]
2 Stars 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
1 Star 9%  9%  [ 12 ]
Betterman (live) 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 139
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lightning Bolt
PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 9:51 pm 
AnalLog

McParadigm wrote:
Mine wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Remember when they left Sad off Binaural because they were afraid it would be a hit?

Do you people really believe this? If that was the issue not releasing it as a single would have solved it.
The original tracklist would have had 7 Vedder songs plus a co-writing credit which is 1/2 the album. This would have been the record with the most Vedder songs in their catalogue. Sad and Education were the obvious choice to be left off Binaural in my opinion.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. Betterman was never released as a single, either.

Proabably, yes. I think there are more examples of this in their catalogue, Black i think. It sounds more like a clever excuse than a realistic fact though.

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 9:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mine wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Mine wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Remember when they left Sad off Binaural because they were afraid it would be a hit?

Do you people really believe this? If that was the issue not releasing it as a single would have solved it.
The original tracklist would have had 7 Vedder songs plus a co-writing credit which is 1/2 the album. This would have been the record with the most Vedder songs in their catalogue. Sad and Education were the obvious choice to be left off Binaural in my opinion.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. Betterman was never released as a single, either.

Proabably, yes. I think there are more examples of this in their catalogue, Black i think. It sounds more like a clever excuse than a realistic fact though.

Probably the same rationale for leaving "Billy Billy Microp_nis" off Lightning Bolt

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 9:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mine wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Mine wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I"m not entirely disagreeing.

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 9:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote:
Mine wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Mine wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Probably the same rationale for leaving "Billy Billy Microp_nis" off Lightning Bolt

Did you skip out of the LB album thread before it was discovered that, by playing Future Days all the way through a hundred and fifty times in one sitting, Billy Billy and Betterman (live) both become available?

Totally worth it bro.

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 10:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Mine wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Mine wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Did you skip out of the LB album thread before it was discovered that, by playing Future Days all the way through a hundred and fifty times in one sitting, Billy Billy and Betterman (live) both become available?

Totally worth it bro.

Woah, lemme get on that

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 10:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Plan accordingly. The last guy to attempt this was Harmless, and nobody's seen him since his subsequent mangled and confused diatribe about heading out the Ukraine to "start some shit" two weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 10:09 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 10:21 pm 
AnalLog

bodysnatcher wrote:
Mine wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Mine wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

:haha:

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 10:25 pm 
Rank This Poster

They've said they left Sad off because they gravitated away from stuff that sounded like hits. The same reason Ed apparently changed up Puzzles and Games (and that was certainly a change for the better). I think that logic, even if it made for good music, was misguided; Sad, though it may be catchy, would probably not have been a hit, especially considering they were doing very little promotion then compared to now.

It doesn't really matter to me; it's not like we had to wait a long time to hear Sad (or Fatal or Education, etc.)

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 10:47 pm 
Future Drummer

Quote:
The same reason Ed apparently changed up Puzzles and Games (and that was certainly a change for the better). .)

No. Not certainly. Not even probably. Maybe it's a maybe, but it's more likely an unlikely.

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 11:44 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

hlniv wrote:
Quote:
The same reason Ed apparently changed up Puzzles and Games (and that was certainly a change for the better). .)

No. Not certainly. Not even probably. Maybe it's a maybe, but it's more likely an unlikely.

Shut up, yes it is.

PostPosted: Wed March 05, 2014 3:08 am 
Future Drummer

theplatypus wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Quote:

Shut up, yes it is.

No, you shut up. Cuz it's not.

#teampuzzlesngames

PostPosted: Wed March 05, 2014 4:06 am 
A Return To Form

hlniv wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Quote:

Shut up, yes it is.

#teampuzzlesngames

PNG is great, and has an amazing chorus.

Light Years is one of the absolute high points in their catalogue. Shut up.

PostPosted: Wed March 05, 2014 4:43 am 
Future Drummer

its_not_1974 wrote:
hlniv wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Quote:

Shut up, yes it is.

#teampuzzlesngames

PNG is great, and has an amazing chorus.

Light Years is one of the absolute high points in their catalogue. Shut up.

Pick a side and get that fence out of your taint

PostPosted: Wed March 05, 2014 6:02 am 
Poster of the Year

Team Light Years

PostPosted: Wed March 05, 2014 6:04 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I vote neither

PostPosted: Fri March 07, 2014 9:00 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Light Years is better. Puzzles doesn't even have a finished second verse it's just a mumbling demo. I do the like the chorus in both, and I like the extended bridge in Puzzles, but Light Years is just the better song. I love the weird changes they made to it.

PostPosted: Fri March 07, 2014 2:37 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Came across this song twice on the radio on different rock stations in the past couple of days. Both times, the djs praised the song and the album.

McP - is this one getting any traction yet?

PostPosted: Fri March 07, 2014 2:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Of the two primary rock formats, it's doing fine on one (#20) and is nonexistent on the other. No cross over plays.

PostPosted: Sat March 08, 2014 5:57 am 
AnalLog

I thought Sad was left off cos Otherside/part 1 wasn't finished!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 107  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam