The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: New songs at soundcheck
PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 2:36 pm 
Banned from the Pit

The music is good. If I'm comparing it to Zeppelin songs, I might say there is a little Kashmir in there too.

It also seems completely ridiculous that the ten club is having links to this removed as it was recorded outside the venue (clearly). I'm surprised they even have grounds to do that, although I imagine no hosting providers are going to argue. God forbid people are excited about music and want to share it.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 2:52 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

At this point, 10c are in danger of (or are already) destroying any anticipation for this album among the fans. I mean for God's sake, what are you supposed to talk about for the next three months? Ed's haircuts? Everyone is wanting to know what these songs sound like, because there are huge stakes in it. Some people are wondering whether it's the right time to get off the PJ Groove Train forever. This is important, and I really don't think worrying about leaks should be their priority.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 2:58 pm 
Banned from the Pit

They did the same thing when someone posted a crappy recording of "the fixer" from outside the video shoot. I just don't understand the mentality of going after people excited for your music. No one is going to not buy the album because they heard a horrible audience recording. This isn't sharing studio recordings before release, which I understand some hysteria over.

Sometimes I think the ten club just has too much time on their hands.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:03 pm 

If we're not allowed to chase leaks and generally get excited, what's the point? What does the 10c think it's keeping us for? The 10c is a chocolate egg on the same level as PJ music.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:06 pm 
Rank This Poster

Is this out somewhere?

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:10 pm 
Banned from the Pit

It was posted on pearljamonline, but was quickly removed. Maybe it's somewhere else now that I'm not aware of, I'm sure if people posted it the ten club would be asking it to be taken down.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:10 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

mym23 wrote:
It was posted on pearljamonline, but was quickly removed. Maybe it's somewhere else now that I'm not aware of, I'm sure if people posted it the ten club would be asking it to be taken down.

I don't even think they are allowing a thread about it over at the Pit.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:11 pm 
Rank This Poster

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mym23 wrote:

I don't even think they are allowing a thread about it over at the Pit.

I'm sure they aren't.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:14 pm 
Banned from the Pit

See, I just can't see the band giving a shit. If you were in a band, and people we're excited enough to not only go to your soundcheck and record it, but others wanted to hear that shitty recording because they want to hear new music that badly, would that anger you? As far as I've seen, the band has no policy saying you "can't record soundchecks" or "can't share those recordings". The only anti-taping thing I've seen is for Ed solo shows.

Save your efforts and ire for when the album actually leaks, or studio versions leak. You at least have copyright ownership of those.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:20 pm 

mym23 wrote:
See, I just can't see the band giving a shit. If you were in a band, and people we're excited enough to not only go to your soundcheck and record it, but others wanted to hear that shitty recording because they want to hear new music that badly, would that anger you? As far as I've seen, the band has no policy saying you "can't record soundchecks" or "can't share those recordings". The only anti-taping thing I've seen is for Ed solo shows.

Save your efforts and ire for when the album actually leaks, or studio versions leak. You at least have copyright ownership of those.

Everyone would like to think that PJ don't care, and I can't see any reason for them to care. But at the same time, the 10c has been like this for a long time and I think some people save a bit of annoyance for PJ themselves because after this long, you'd think there would be some let up. PJ have to know how 10c are treating the fans. If they don't, why? Is there no communciation? And if they do and they don't care... yeah that doesn't make them look good in my eyes.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

if they play any new songs at london or wrigley and someone puts videos up on youtube im sure they will get taken down also
its pretty silly that they are gonna play them( especially at wrigley ) where many people will have access to them and most likely record them and they are gonna take the time to get it all taken down. if they are that worried about it then release the album tomorrow so we can all get on with our lives

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:27 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
if they play any new songs at london or wrigley and someone puts videos up on youtube im sure they will get taken down also
its pretty silly that they are gonna play them( especially at wrigley ) where many people will have access to them and most likely record them and they are gonna take the time to get it all taken down. if they are that worried about it then release the album tomorrow so we can all get on with our lives

If they play anything other than "Mind Your Manners" at London or Wrigley, it's proof positive that the band doesn't care that they're being shared. They're not going to chase all those links down.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:30 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Someone care to PM me a hint, please and thanks. :)

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:31 pm 
AnalLog

Thejambi wrote:
Is this out somewhere?

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:35 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

If they play some new songs at Wrigley or London, does this mean there won't be bootlegs of the shows for 3 months, due to them not wanting the new music 'leaked'?

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:37 pm 
Banned from the Pit

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
If they play some new songs at Wrigley or London, does this mean there won't be bootlegs of the shows for 3 months, due to them not wanting the new music 'leaked'?

That's a very, very safe bet.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

If there is an open video/recording policy I don't think they can, can they?

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:39 pm 

mym23 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Would the boots normally come earlier than that anyway? This band seem pretty tardy.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:40 pm 
Banned from the Pit

harmless wrote:
mym23 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Would the boots normally come earlier than that anyway? This band seem pretty tardy.

They used to come out within days, it's only gone down hill since then.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:44 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Thejambi wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

If there is an open video/recording policy I don't think they can, can they?

They can do whatever they want if the hosting people of the world take them down. They may not have a policy saying "no new songs" or "no soundcheck" or whatever, but clearly they're finding these links, requesting they be taken down and the websites are doing it.

What they NEED to do is post an updated policy or something on synergy saying it's not allowed. It won't stop everyone from doing it, but at least you seem more logical when you enforce it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam