The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: New songs at soundcheck
PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:52 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

mym23 wrote:
Thejambi wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
if they play any new songs at london or wrigley and someone puts videos up on youtube im sure they will get taken down also
its pretty silly that they are gonna play them( especially at wrigley ) where many people will have access to them and most likely record them and they are gonna take the time to get it all taken down. if they are that worried about it then release the album tomorrow so we can all get on with our lives

If there is an open video/recording policy I don't think they can, can they?

They can do whatever they want if the hosting people of the world take them down. They may not have a policy saying "no new songs" or "no soundcheck" or whatever, but clearly they're finding these links, requesting they be taken down and the websites are doing it.

What they NEED to do is post an updated policy or something on synergy saying it's not allowed. It won't stop everyone from doing it, but at least you seem more logical when you enforce it.

Yeah, basically, until you make it public written policy, it's just someone being a troll and a dick.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:58 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

harmless wrote:
mym23 wrote:
Thejambi wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
if they play any new songs at london or wrigley and someone puts videos up on youtube im sure they will get taken down also
its pretty silly that they are gonna play them( especially at wrigley ) where many people will have access to them and most likely record them and they are gonna take the time to get it all taken down. if they are that worried about it then release the album tomorrow so we can all get on with our lives

They can do whatever they want if the hosting people of the world take them down. They may not have a policy saying "no new songs" or "no soundcheck" or whatever, but clearly they're finding these links, requesting they be taken down and the websites are doing it.

What they NEED to do is post an updated policy or something on synergy saying it's not allowed. It won't stop everyone from doing it, but at least you seem more logical when you enforce it.

Yeah, basically, until you make it public written policy, it's just someone being a troll and a dick.

well and im pretty sure as far as video goes, i dont think you are supposed to be able to video tape the shows, audio is always ok but i think i remember them being against videotaping

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 3:59 pm 
Rank This Poster

harmless wrote:
mym23 wrote:
Thejambi wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

These guys. Do you think the whole "hey record our shows we don't give a fuck " was just to slight Epic.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 4:03 pm 

Thejambi wrote:
harmless wrote:
mym23 wrote:
Thejambi wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

These guys. Do you think the whole "hey record our shows we don't give a fuck " was just to slight Epic.

Very possibly. Or it could something else?

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 4:12 pm 
Banned from the Pit

No, I think that truly is the bands feelings. Audience recording is still allowed, and I highly doubt they'd chase after someone posting an audience recording of a new song that were get played. That's why them getting this soundcheck recording removed makes no sense.

The only logical reason for anyone to care about a song being shared is if you think it's going to cost you money. Anyone who cares enough about your band to want to listen to a horrible recording just to hear a new song, is still going to buy the album. Removing them and not allowing people to talk about them on your message board is just squashing excitement.

That being said, even as shitty as it sounds and the fact that the lyrics are pretty much completely inaudible, the music alone is enough to make me really, really intrigued by this song.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 4:17 pm 

mym23 wrote:
No, I think that truly is the bands feelings. Audience recording is still allowed, and I highly doubt they'd chase after someone posting an audience recording of a new song that were get played. That's why them getting this soundcheck recording removed makes no sense.

The only logical reason for anyone to care about a song being shared is if you think it's going to cost you money. Anyone who cares enough about your band to want to listen to a horrible recording just to hear a new song, is still going to buy the album. Removing them and not allowing people to talk about them on your message board is just squashing excitement.

That being said, even as shitty as it sounds and the fact that the lyrics are pretty much completely inaudible, the music alone is enough to make me really, really intrigued by this song.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 4:29 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I think I can make out SOME of the lyrics.... GMAIL....uh uh uh yeah GMAIIILLLLL!!!! ;)

It's OOOOKay!! Sometimes you'll find yourself...having to put allll yoooour faith, in noooooo faa-a-aith!! Mine is mine and yours won't take its place, now make your getaway-HEY!

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 4:33 pm 
Rank This Poster

someones got these? hook it up!

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 4:36 pm 
Rank This Poster

Feed the Noms?

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 4:37 pm 

Just the one. I REALLY love that chorus: "GMAIL! AH YEAH MAMAMAMA-YEAH. GMAIL!"

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:00 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Between MYM and now this sound checked song, my hopes are definitely starting to raise for Lightning Bolt. This is going to be an excruciatingly long three months.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:03 pm 
Rank This Poster

PJMosquito wrote:
Between MYM and now this sound checked song, my hopes are definitely starting to raise for Lightning Bolt. This is going to be an excruciatingly long three months.

God damnit! Where shall I direct my blowjobs? I have no shame.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:06 pm 
Banned from the Pit

mym23 wrote:
The music is good. If I'm comparing it to Zeppelin songs, I might say there is a little Kashmir in there too.

It also seems completely ridiculous that the ten club is having links to this removed as it was recorded outside the venue (clearly). I'm surprised they even have grounds to do that, although I imagine no hosting providers are going to argue. God forbid people are excited about music and want to share it.

I'm really liking this heavy ballad! and it does sound a little bit like Kashmir

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:09 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

tacvbo wrote:

I'm really liking this heavy ballad! and it does sound a little bit like Kashmir

Definitely hearing the Led Zep comparison, too.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:10 pm 

The actual studio recording is certain to let us down if we're expecting Led Zep's 'Kashmir'. This was taken outside a very large room, which is almost certainly lending to its epic sound. Be very careful there, lads.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:13 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

harmless wrote:
The actual studio recording is certain to let us down if we're expecting Led Zep's 'Kashmir'. This was taken outside a very large room, which is almost certainly lending to its epic sound. Be very careful there, lads.

Very good point, it most likely won't sound so robust (I guess?) on a recording. But I do like the pacing...not so direct. It has potential is all I'll say at this point.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:15 pm 

PJMosquito wrote:
harmless wrote:

Very good point, it most likely won't sound so robust (I guess?) on a recording. But I do like the pacing...not so direct. It has potential is all I'll say at this point.

Just remember how much rough aggression and fuzz was taken out of the Youtube video of MYM. (Nearly all of it.)

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:18 pm 
Rank This Poster

harmless wrote:
PJMosquito wrote:
harmless wrote:

Just remember how much rough aggression and fuzz was taken out of the Youtube video of MYM. (Nearly all of it.)

Digging it.

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:18 pm 

Thejambi wrote:
harmless wrote:
PJMosquito wrote:
harmless wrote:

Digging it.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon July 15, 2013 5:38 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

would any kind soul out there like to hook it up? :heartbeat:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam