The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 30th Anniversary of Ten
PostPosted: Fri April 16, 2021 12:47 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
liebzz wrote:
Tomorrow is 30 years since Temple of the Dog was released. I still wish they’d release a show from the reunion tour to celebrate.

Same. Preferably the one i was at but I’ll take any

I was at MSG. I am willing to sign a petition.

PostPosted: Fri April 16, 2021 1:50 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I’d imagine The Vickster would have to sign off on that, and well, you know...

PostPosted: Fri April 16, 2021 1:54 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

You know, set up a Zoom, leave Matt Cameron or pretend Dave A is still in the band...

PostPosted: Fri April 16, 2021 2:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

30 years of Temple Of The Dog!!

Man, what a treasure.

PostPosted: Fri April 16, 2021 5:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

VinylGuy wrote:

Man, what a treasure.

210 years of Temple Of The Man

Wow.

PostPosted: Fri April 16, 2021 10:14 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

VinylGuy wrote:

Man, what a treasure.

Listened to this and the two-song performance as part of the Sonic Evolution release. The album still finds its way into the rotation quite often.

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 1:12 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I don’t think I’ve listened to this album since Pearl Jam Twenty.

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 4:08 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Admission: I listen to Temple of the Dog more often than Ten - by a substantial margin.

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 8:23 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Admission: I listen to Temple of the Dog more often than Ten - by a substantial margin.

Same here.
Heard Times of Trouble back to back with Footsteps yesterday on Sirius. Times of Trouble was my preferred listen.

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 11:20 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

liebzz wrote:

Admission: I own the TotD album and have probably only listened to it front to back twice in my life.

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 11:45 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

surfndestroy wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Same here.
Heard Times of Trouble back to back with Footsteps yesterday on Sirius. Times of Trouble was my preferred listen.

In a tournament battle of the albums, I might choose Ten, though not by much. The best songs on Ten probably beat the best songs on TotD. For me though, TotD is well suited to my tastes now. The bluesy feeling in the record (not necessarily sadness but the bluesy music touches), on Times of Trouble, and Call Me a Dog, the rock pushes on Reach Down and Pushing Forward Back, the uneasy funkiness of Wooden Jesus. It all sort of works in that more free and open way. And I could definitely stand corrected but I don’t think Eddie has touched anything vocally on what Chris does on Say Hello 2 Heaven.

At the end of the day, I do prefer Pearl Jam, but this was a monster of an album.

PostPosted: Sat April 17, 2021 11:50 pm 
The Master

liebzz wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Same here.

In a tournament battle of the albums, I might choose Ten, though not by much. The best songs on Ten probably beat the best songs on TotD. For me though, TotD is well suited to my tastes now. The bluesy feeling in the record (not necessarily sadness but the bluesy music touches), on Times of Trouble, and Call Me a Dog, the rock pushes on Reach Down and Pushing Forward Back, the uneasy funkiness of Wooden Jesus. It all sort of works in that more free and open way. And I could definitely stand corrected but I don’t think Eddie has touched anything vocally on what Chris does on Say Hello 2 Heaven.

At the end of the day, I do prefer Pearl Jam, but this was a monster of an album.

I agree with a lot of this.

Though, in the end, i prefer most soundgarden to ToTD

PostPosted: Sun April 18, 2021 12:51 am 
jeeeesus relax already

liebzz wrote:

maybe me too. But i blasted Ten on vinyl a few weeks ago, and man, its just...masterpiece.

PostPosted: Sun April 18, 2021 11:41 am 
The worst

other than hunger strike and times of trouble the rest if TotD is fine. But CC us someone who works best for me in smaller doses

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sun April 18, 2021 12:52 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Strat wrote:
liebzz wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Same here.

I think we’re on the same page. I meant vocally for Chris. This I think is Chris’s best vocal performance, but I would prefer the songs on most of the Soundgarden albums. But that also doesn’t take away from TotD, with which I would say most of the songs are pretty great.

Insofar as Chris goes, I can easily listen to a full TotD or Soundgarden album no problem, and I thought his voice sounded great when I saw him in 2016 with TotD, but on live recordings I can’t last very long.

PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 2:16 am 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Strat wrote:
liebzz wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Same here.

I think we’re on the same page. I meant vocally for Chris. This I think is Chris’s best vocal performance, but I would prefer the songs on most of the Soundgarden albums. But that also doesn’t take away from TotD, with which I would say most of the songs are pretty great.

Insofar as Chris goes, I can easily listen to a full TotD or Soundgarden album no problem, and I thought his voice sounded great when I saw him in 2016 with TotD, but on live recordings I can’t last very long.

He varied wildly over the course of his career and I don't know if that was the specter of showmanship (with SG and Audioslave) getting the best of him or what but his solo shows (both with a backing band (of primarily solo material) as well as solo acoustic)) were always just so spot-on.

PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 3:03 am 
mXn

liebzz wrote:

When I sit down to play Matt Cameron’s drums I will often jump right into Your Saviour :bammer:

PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 4:14 am 
The Master

Literally can’t remember the last time I listened to Ten from beginning to end. Easily over 10 years ago. Quite possibly more than 20.

PostPosted: Wed August 11, 2021 7:27 pm 
Rank This Poster

Podcast season - The Opus - starts August 12th

https://consequence.net/2021/08/opus-pearl-jam-ten-podcast/

PostPosted: Wed August 11, 2021 8:31 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Can't wait for 35th anniversary so I can get my hands on a yellow vinyl exclusive release in the home goods section of Cost Plus World Market.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam