Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Poster Values?

Wed November 18, 2020 1:07 pm

So I'm looking to unload a couple of framed show posters I have locked up in storage. They're all in great shape and professionally framed (not matted). I just don't know good prices for them. I did a quick ebay and saw the Barclays is going for like 300+ or something nutty like that. Is there a database or list or site I can check out? I don't plan on parting with all of them, just the ones without much sentimental value, for instance I'd like to get rid of Hartford 2006, Newark, Night one at Barclays, and maybe Hartford '13.

thanks.

Re: Poster Values?

Wed November 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Poster Values

5:
Lenny (HOF)
PhatJ (controversial)

4:
Sarge (mod)
Ruddo (mod, retired)

3:
Balki (sort of missed around here)
Surfndestroy (Canadian)

2:
Dev (Dev)
Strat (won’t let me interview him)

1:
B (classic)
R2D (abandoned us)

Wed November 18, 2020 3:27 pm

oh man, Balki!

Wed November 18, 2020 3:40 pm

I think this website is a good place for checking the value.
https://expressobeans.com/

Wed November 18, 2020 3:59 pm

B is right. It’s a decent tool that keeps up with some sort of historical value. Where (and how often) they pull that data, I’m not sure. But yeh, check sold items on eBay. And as scary as it is, check out that PJ Facebook group where people sell memorabilia. Sucks to try and ship something framed like that, so if you sell it locally, then even better. But don't balk at prices like $300, that's pretty common.

I have a few I’ll be unloading in the coming year too.

Wed November 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Yeah, the Newark one is going to Seattle (I thought the buyer was a local here in NY) but they said they'd pay the shipping costs.

Thanks for espressobeans, I vaguely remembered that page.

Wed November 18, 2020 9:23 pm

I'm sitting on the Hartford '98 poster. Maybe i should sell it soon

Thu November 19, 2020 2:40 am

gardenparty wrote:I'm sitting on the Hartford '98 poster. Maybe i should sell it soon

You should, that will fetch a few pretty pennies

Thu November 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Put it up on that PJbay thing on FB. My gosh people are out of their damn mind with what they will pay there. Those stupid mugs for example.*

*I’d like to have the mugs but not for $100.

Thu November 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Ebay is pretty easy. I put my Cincinnati 2000 poster up on ebay for $40, and it was up to $800 within a couple of hours. I didn't have to worry about what it was worth. People are watching for this stuff.

- Offer free domestic shipping.
- Require the purchaser to pay insurance if they want it.
- Be ready for the buyer to be finnicky about how it's packaged.

Thu November 19, 2020 3:52 pm

B wrote:Ebay is pretty easy. I put my Cincinnati 2000 poster up on ebay for $40, and it was up to $800 within a couple of hours. I didn't have to worry about what it was worth. People are watching for this stuff.

Given the state of post office delays, be ready for complaints about shipping speed.

Thu November 19, 2020 3:55 pm

CopperTom wrote:
B wrote:Ebay is pretty easy. I put my Cincinnati 2000 poster up on ebay for $40, and it was up to $800 within a couple of hours. I didn't have to worry about what it was worth. People are watching for this stuff.

Given the state of post office delays, be ready for complaints about shipping speed.

Hey man, I can have it to the post office in a day. After that, I'll send you the tracking number and wish you luck.

Mon November 23, 2020 3:05 pm

ebay, expressobeans and collectionzz are all good resources for recent prices. PJ posters are at an all-time high right now, so if you have an itch to unload them, now is the time.

Mon November 23, 2020 4:12 pm

mkay0 wrote:ebay, expressobeans and collectionzz are all good resources for recent prices. PJ posters are at an all-time high right now, so if you have an itch to unload them, now is the time.

Any word on drum kit values?

Mon November 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Bammer wrote:
mkay0 wrote:ebay, expressobeans and collectionzz are all good resources for recent prices. PJ posters are at an all-time high right now, so if you have an itch to unload them, now is the time.

Any word on drum kit values?

I've got an extra $10.50 since I skipped out on the Baltimore 2020 sticker.

Tue November 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Welp sold Newark framed for $125 + shipping.

Anyone here interested in a framed Hartford 2013 poster?

Sun December 06, 2020 3:02 am

You all inspired me. I had been considering selling a few of my posters for awhile now. I’m already pretty happy with the E-Bay bids having posted it just a few hours ago

Mon December 07, 2020 7:31 pm

I'm sitting on a bunch too. I have a msg 03, Eddie's Poster from the secret into the wild show in Seattle and some artist signed ones from 03,06 and 09.

Tue December 08, 2020 12:54 am

Imagine being so empty as a person that you're willing to spend $800 on a Pearl Jam poster in an attempt to fill the void

Tue December 08, 2020 12:58 am

i only pay $800 for sex to fill the void
Post a reply