Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Goods thread (for when 10c puts things up for sale)

Thu April 11, 2013 3:35 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Are you guys that are showing us expensive dog collars defending this? If you are you are missing the point completely and I feel bad for you.

Not at all. Did you read any of this?

Thu April 11, 2013 3:58 am

they are more expensive than the new mad season reissue....or a fucking vinyl.

Thu April 11, 2013 10:28 am

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Are you guys that are showing us expensive dog collars defending this? If you are you are missing the point completely and I feel bad for you.

Not at all. Did you read any of this?

More than likely I did not.

Thu April 11, 2013 10:33 am

Ruddock is so stoned right now.

Thu April 11, 2013 11:46 am

Thu April 11, 2013 1:05 pm

I bet when Eddie was putting together the No Code artwork in 1996 he was thinking "this will make a great dog collar one day that we can sell for $40 plus shipping". I bet you.

Thu April 11, 2013 1:18 pm

I feel like the dog collars deserve their own thread. They're so far and away beyond the craziness of any other merch.

Thu April 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Just when everyone was on good terms after those '98 vids.. :shake:

Thu April 11, 2013 2:26 pm

WtOB? wrote:Just when everyone was on good terms after those '98 vids.. :shake:

watching those i realized....i miss THAT band.

Thu April 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Does the band have something against cats?

Thu April 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Also, I bought a ten dollar collar for Buddy in 2000 when I adopted him from the pound. It is 2013 and he still has that collar. It has survived every day in the ocean, many dock jumping competitions, hikes in the mountains, desert, and even a couple scraps with dogs at the dog park. Don't tell me I'm getting a 'better quality' collar for 40 bucks.

Thu April 11, 2013 4:03 pm

My dog's collar has dinosaurs on it. It cost about 15 bucks.

Dinosaurs > Backspacer art

Thu April 11, 2013 4:21 pm

A $40 dog collar is ridiculous for a band to be putting out. I think it shows how removed from their fan's reality that the Pearl Jam organization is. Lets face it, Pearl Jam is now basically an organization that sells stuff more than it is an active, vital rock band.

For some reason I find the hawking of a Mother Love Bone dog collar on the PJ site so very crass. When they're down to making money off of your old band's name, is there anything they wouldn't do to make a buck. It's gone from a celebration of Mother Love Bone to explotation. I never, never thought that Pearl Jam would become that band.

Thu April 11, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm not a dog owner, but in general, don't pet lovers spend a lot of money on their pets? The $40 collar seems like a slam dunk for pet lover and Pearl Jam fan.

Thu April 11, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm waiting for it to go on sale. If the Backspacer vinyl can fall to $10 on the site, I bet the dog collars will be $5 in a year or so.

Thu April 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Tim Bierman wrote:I'm not a dog owner, but in general, don't pet lovers spend a lot of money on their pets? The $40 collar seems like a slam dunk for pet lover and Pearl Jam fan.

Thu April 11, 2013 6:05 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Does the band have something against cats?

What are you talking about? Their model is a cat.

Thu April 11, 2013 6:07 pm

B's on fire today

Thu April 11, 2013 9:55 pm

surfndestroy wrote:A $40 dog collar is ridiculous for a band to be putting out. I think it shows how removed from their fan's reality that the Pearl Jam organization is. Lets face it, Pearl Jam is now basically an organization that sells stuff more than it is an active, vital rock band.

For some reason I find the hawking of a Mother Love Bone dog collar on the PJ site so very crass. When they're down to making money off of your old band's name, is there anything they wouldn't do to make a buck. It's gone from a celebration of Mother Love Bone to explotation. I never, never thought that Pearl Jam would become that band.

Coach wrote:I'm not a dog owner, but in general, don't pet lovers spend a lot of money on their pets? The $40 collar seems like a slam dunk for pet lover and Pearl Jam fan.

Spot on guys. A massive mis-step by the band and/or their organisation. This is the band that testified in Washingon against Ticketmaster. Fucking muppets.

And I can't believe they missed the Leash opportunity.

However the anticipation for what's next is rivetting.

Thu April 11, 2013 10:00 pm

LetMeSleep wrote: A massive mis-step by the band and/or their organisation.

This statement might be a bit over the top. How many album purchases will they lose b/c they sold expensive dog collars on their website?
Post a reply