The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eddie on Stern this AM
PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 4:41 pm 
AnalLog

lecherouslittlestump wrote:
EV saying Chris Rock was in the movie Reign Over Me. Doesn't he mean Don Cheadle? Yikes.

Hahaha i could barely remember that movie but i was pretty sure it wasn't Chris Rock!

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 6:07 pm 
Future Drummer

When Howard tried to press him on Cornell and Ed responded " it got away from me there" Stern's follow up was just amazing. He roped Ed in and It then almost became a therapy session until he said, let's switch to happier things. Some people just aren't good with death, I can relate to that. This just my assumption, but it doesn't appear Ed and Chris didn't talked much after PJ 20 or after Soundgarden reunited. I just wonder if they had a falling out or just drifted away.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 6:09 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

lowlight79 wrote:
This just my assumption, but it doesn't appear Ed and Chris didn't talked much after PJ 20 or after Soundgarden reunited. I just wonder if they had a falling out or just drifted away.

I'd guess Vickie became a giant roadblock.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 6:13 pm 
The Master

lowlight79 wrote:
When Howard tried to press him on Cornell and Ed responded " it got away from me there" Stern's follow up was just amazing. He roped Ed in and It then almost became a therapy session until he said, let's switch to happier things. Some people just aren't good with death, I can relate to that. This just my assumption, but it doesn't appear Ed and Chris didn't talked much after PJ 20 or after Soundgarden reunited. I just wonder if they had a falling out or just drifted away.

I didnt get the feeling it was a falling out. Im sure it was just a "We have kids, careers, we're older" and didnt hang out as much.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 6:30 pm 
known prankster

lowlight79 wrote:

I didn't get that impression. We fans are invested in this romantic notion of these guys been super tight best friends/brothers, when in reality I doubt it was like that. They were friends but - just like most adult friendships - kids, adulting etc get in the way.

Now if you're talking about Ed and Vicky Cornell falling out, you may be on to something...

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 7:07 pm 
Future Drummer

lecherouslittlestump wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

I didn't get that impression. We fans are invested in this romantic notion of these guys been super tight best friends/brothers, when in reality I doubt it was like that. They were friends but - just like most adult friendships - kids, adulting etc get in the way.

Now if you're talking about Ed and Vicky Cornell falling out, you may be on to something...

It seems more like it went the path that they just got busy, had kids, familes etc. But Ed was rather cagey when stern brought up vicky's daugther. Redditors for years have spread rumors that vicky was very controlling and was not a fan of Ed's wife and many others in Seattle, but who really knows.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 7:44 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

weren’t they talking about cornell’s first daughter, who isn’t vickys and who vicky largely ignores?

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 7:48 pm 
AnalLog

96583UP wrote:
50 mins in. what an interview

forgot about Ed's fake-humble response approach to everything

pretending not to remember stuff

Or, like most of us, shit from the past blurs together? Maybe us fans dwell on these details more than he does?

"fake humble" :shake:

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 7:59 pm 
The Master

guitar_davey wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Or, like most of us, shit from the past blurs together? Maybe us fans dwell on these details more than he does?

He might also be intentionally omitting things to avoid burning bridges.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 8:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I find it terribly relatable that he remembers the name of the studio, the location of the studio, the location of the sauna within the studio grounds, and his setup inside the sauna when recording Vs....but has no idea when they collaborated with Neil Young.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 8:20 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Got one more hour left. Its so good...the part of Cornell is super tough. Ed´s been into some heavy shit these last couple of years with his brother dying, chris dying and last year Jill´s sister also dying.
Its obvious he is not in good terms with Vicky and he doesnt even talk about Chris´s other two kids. He is like a father to Lily and in very good terms with Susan so yeah, there is some bad blood there.

Talking about being in denial, about being angry about it...even saying if you have kids, you cant do it. Its super hard.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 8:21 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

McParadigm wrote:
I find it terribly relatable that he remembers the name of the studio, the location of the studio, the location of the sauna within the studio grounds, and his setup inside the sauna when recording Vs....but has no idea when they collaborated with Neil Young.

"uh, yeah...we wound up making a record with Neil, and a couple of songs of our own were birthed from that, and that's how we released Murderball, err...something like that..."

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 8:23 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

VinylGuy wrote:
Got one more hour left. Its so good...the part of Cornell is super tough. Ed´s been into some heavy shit these last couple of years with his brother dying, chris dying and last year Jill´s sister also dying.
Its obvious he is not in good terms with Vicky and he doesnt even talk about Chris´s other two kids. He is like a father to Lily and in very good terms with Susan so yeah, there is some bad blood there.

Talking about being in denial, about being angry about it...even saying if you have kids, you cant do it. Its super hard.

The part about him talking about losing his brother was harder to hear than the Cornell stuff.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 8:35 pm 
Future Drummer

WtOB? wrote:
weren’t they talking about cornell’s first daughter, who isn’t vickys and who vicky largely ignores?

Did you actually listen to the whole interview?

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 8:36 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
guitar_davey wrote:
96583UP wrote:

He might also be intentionally omitting things to avoid burning bridges.

I'll say this, the band who took the deal with ticketmaster that Ed spoke about, it was R.E.M.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 8:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

dad wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

The part about him talking about losing his brother was harder to hear than the Cornell stuff.

yeah, super hard.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 9:12 pm 
Production Police

Fun to hear him talk about NIN, Fishbone, and some band called Gherkin Rocket :lol:

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 9:59 pm 
Production Police

Ed does a decent Springsteen impression

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 10:01 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:25 pm 
A Return To Form

Thanks for the download link. Really looking forward to this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam