Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Rank the Album Titles
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1618
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Citizen Dick [ Fri July 12, 2013 12:17 am ]
Post subject:  Rank the Album Titles

I guess there's two ways to approach this.

A) List the album titles in order of names that just sound the best (most badass?) regardless of the music on the album; and,
B) List your favourite album titles incorporating an element of whether you consider the title is also a good representation of the music in the album.

The best example I could give to distinguish the two is Riot Act, which I actually really like as a standalone album title but I think isn't very representative of what the album sounded like (unless you stretch interpret it as being titled in a very ironic way - which may be a possibility given the cover art which suggests weariness).

My lists:

A)
1. Vitalogy
2. No Code
3. Riot Act
4. Yield
5. Vs.
6. Binaural
7. Backspacer
8. Ten
9. Self Titled (This would rank higher if it was a debut album, as I have no problem with that, but album #8?)
.
.
.
.
10. Lightning Bolt


B)
1. Vs.
2. No Code
3. Vitalogy
4. Yield
5. Binaural
6. Backspacer (Soooo tempted to put this higher simply because the title is what I’d like to do to the album in terms of being part of their catalogue)
7. Riot Act
8. Ten
9. Self Titled (I guess you could argue that this actually has to be ranked first as it does... sound .... like.... Pearl Jam)

Author:  Citizen Dick [ Fri July 12, 2013 12:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

Well... this topic went down like a lead balloon.

Hmmm, with a bit of tweaking, lead balloon could make a decent album or band name.

Author:  stip [ Fri July 12, 2013 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

In terms of the title itself

Yield
Riot act
Vitalogy
Vs
Backspacer (I think it is a fun, playful title)
Ten
Binaural
No code
Pearl jam
Lightning bolt (with caveat that it lacks the context of an album)

Author:  digster [ Fri July 12, 2013 2:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

Vitalogy
Yield
Riot Act
Vs.
Binaural
No Code
Backspacer
Ten
Pearl Jam

And worst, with a bullet...

Lightning Bolt

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Sun July 14, 2013 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

1. Versus
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Riot Act
5. Vitalogy
6. Binaural
7. Backspacer
8. No Code
9. S/T

On both scales.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Sun July 14, 2013 1:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

G*d damn it.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Sun July 14, 2013 1:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

durdencommatyler wrote:
1. Versus
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Riot Act
5. Vitalogy
6. Binaural
7. Backspacer
8. No Code
9. S/T

On both scales.

Op! I forgot Lightning Bolt...

Okay, so:
1. Versus
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Riot Act
5. Vitalogy
6. Binaural
7. Lightning Bolt
8. Backspacer
9. No Code
10. St/T

Author:  WtOB? [ Sun July 14, 2013 2:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

Riot Act
Yield
Vitalogy
No Code
Backspacer
Vs.
Binaural
S/T
Ten
Lightning Bolt

Author:  WtOB? [ Sun July 14, 2013 2:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

durdencommatyler wrote:
Op! I forgot Lightning Bolt...

Image

Author:  Citizen Dick [ Sun July 14, 2013 3:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

durdencommatyler wrote:
Op! I forgot Lightning Bolt...

Okay, so:
1. Versus
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Riot Act
5. Vitalogy
6. Binaural
7. Lightning Bolt
8. Backspacer
9. No Code
10. St/T

Interesting to me is No Code being so low.... what is it that makes it such a bad title for you?

Author:  PHATJ [ Sun July 14, 2013 6:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

In terms of cool sounding album titles:

1. Vitalogy
2. Riot Act
3. Vs.
4. Binaural
5. No Code
6. Yield
7. Backspacer
8. Ten
9. Lightning Bolt
10. Pearl Jam

Author:  CupidStunt [ Mon July 15, 2013 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

1. Riot Act
2. No Code
3. Vitalogy
4. Vs.
5. Backspacer
6. Yield
7. Binaural
8. Ten
9. Pearl Jam
10. Lightning Bolt

Author:  Thurman Murman [ Mon July 15, 2013 9:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

1. No Code
2. Vitalogy
3. Riot Act
4. Yield
5. Binaural
6. Vs
7. Backspacer
8. Ten
9. Pearl Jam
10. Lightning Bolt

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Fri July 19, 2013 2:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

Citizen Dick wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Op! I forgot Lightning Bolt...

Okay, so:
1. Versus
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Riot Act
5. Vitalogy
6. Binaural
7. Lightning Bolt
8. Backspacer
9. No Code
10. St/T

Interesting to me is No Code being so low.... what is it that makes it such a bad title for you?

Not a fan of naming an album after a marketing gimmick.

Author:  NancyBabich [ Fri July 19, 2013 6:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

durdencommatyler wrote:
Citizen Dick wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Op! I forgot Lightning Bolt...

Okay, so:
1. Versus
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Riot Act
5. Vitalogy
6. Binaural
7. Lightning Bolt
8. Backspacer
9. No Code
10. St/T

Interesting to me is No Code being so low.... what is it that makes it such a bad title for you?

Not a fan of naming an album after a marketing gimmick.


What is an album title if not a marketing device.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Fri July 19, 2013 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

NancyBabich wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Citizen Dick wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Op! I forgot Lightning Bolt...

Okay, so:
1. Versus
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Riot Act
5. Vitalogy
6. Binaural
7. Lightning Bolt
8. Backspacer
9. No Code
10. St/T

Interesting to me is No Code being so low.... what is it that makes it such a bad title for you?

Not a fan of naming an album after a marketing gimmick.


What is an album title if not a marketing device.

But how many are named after a gimmick?

Author:  Thejambi [ Fri July 19, 2013 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

durdencommatyler wrote:
NancyBabich wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Citizen Dick wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Op! I forgot Lightning Bolt...

Okay, so:
1. Versus
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Riot Act
5. Vitalogy
6. Binaural
7. Lightning Bolt
8. Backspacer
9. No Code
10. St/T

Interesting to me is No Code being so low.... what is it that makes it such a bad title for you?

Not a fan of naming an album after a marketing gimmick.


What is an album title if not a marketing device.

But how many are named after a gimmick?

Gimmick?

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Fri July 19, 2013 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

yield is kinda dumb.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Fri July 19, 2013 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

BurtReynolds wrote:
yield is kinda dumb.

Yeah, kinda. But mostly not.

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Fri July 19, 2013 11:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rank the Album Titles

durdencommatyler wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
yield is kinda dumb.

Yeah, kinda. But mostly not.

I don't like saying it. such an ugly word. sounds like something gross, like a stain or something. did they even consider this?!

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/