2 stars
36%
1 star
17%

Total votes : 70

Re: Lightning Bolt - October 15

Thu July 11, 2013 9:05 pm

darth_vedder wrote:
EJ wrote:Seeing lightning bolts for everything PJ related for the next several years is going to be pretty obnoxious.

Eh, they've been at it since this:

yeah, but now they mean it!

Thu July 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
stip wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
EJ wrote:I still hate the album title.

It's not the best. But MYM and the cover help it tremendously.

How does A + B = C?

how is this an equation?

Evidently MYM + Cover = a terrible album name that's easier to digest

I don't know about that - I think he's talking about the whole package, i.e., album art, title, songs. That's not unreasonable to see how/if the puzzle pieces fit together and then have a new appreciation for the title.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:06 pm

I like Lightning Bolt, but I love van art, so I don't exactly have taste.

Vitalogy, No Code, Binaural, Lightning Bolt

:|

Be prepared for lots of this for the next 4+ years

The artwork looks like Ed saw that "Keep Calm and Carry On" meme and thought "oh hmmm that's interesting."

darth_vedder wrote:
EJ wrote:Seeing lightning bolts for everything PJ related for the next several years is going to be pretty obnoxious.

Eh, they've been at it since this:

LIGHTNING BOLT CAPTAIN

Thu July 11, 2013 9:07 pm

HardTI wrote:Be prepared for lots of this for the next 4+ years

I hear it every single time I see the album title. PJ should really be more up on YouTube memes.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:08 pm

evenslow wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
stip wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

How does A + B = C?

how is this an equation?

Evidently MYM + Cover = a terrible album name that's easier to digest

I don't know about that - I think he's talking about the whole package, i.e., album art, title, songs. That's not unreasonable to see how/if the puzzle pieces fit together and then have a new appreciation for the title.

Isn't that what an album is though?

i think this is going to be Pearl Jam's AC/DC album, which will assuredly terrify some people. Its not what I would have asked for, but I think it might be fun in a way that Backspacer desperately wanted but failed utterly to be .

evenslow wrote:
HardTI wrote:Be prepared for lots of this for the next 4+ years

I hear it every single time I see the album title. PJ should really be more up on YouTube memes.

this vid almost gets funnier the more I see it.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

How does A + B = C?

Context.

Shitty art has none. What few clues the (potential) cover art and the lyrics/composition/sound of MYM provide help lead me toward a potential frame of mind; a context. 'Lightning Bolt' as a stand alone title is uninspired. If there's more to it, if there is a relevant context, it helps the title make more sense. Perhaps Lightning Bolt is the best title for whatever this album is.
Last edited by epilogue on Thu July 11, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:10 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:i think this is going to be Pearl Jam's AC/DC album, which will assuredly terrify some people. Its not what I would have asked for, but I think it might be fun in a way that Backspacer desperately wanted but failed utterly to be .

As several band members have stated, the album has a mix of different sounds on it, so you're AC/DC hopes have already gone by the wayside.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:11 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

How does A + B = C?

Context.

Shitty art has none. What few clues the (potential) cover art and the lyrics/composition/sound of MYM provide help lead me toward a potential frame of mind; a context. 'Lightning Bolt' as a stand alone title isn't uninspired. If there's more to it, if there is a relevant context, it helps the title make more sense. Perhaps Lightning Bolt is the best title for whatever this album is.

I don't know. If MYM is the only turd on the album, and the rest is pure gold, I still won't be able to get over this horrible name.

evenslow wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:i think this is going to be Pearl Jam's AC/DC album, which will assuredly terrify some people. Its not what I would have asked for, but I think it might be fun in a way that Backspacer desperately wanted but failed utterly to be .

As several band members have stated, the album has a mix of different sounds on it, so you're AC/DC hopes have already gone by the wayside.

i dont listen to a goddamn word these fucking liars say about anything.

evenslow wrote:

hopefully. that might be a death knell for me.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

How does A + B = C?

Context.

Shitty art has none. What few clues the (potential) cover art and the lyrics/composition/sound of MYM provide help lead me toward a potential frame of mind; a context. 'Lightning Bolt' as a stand alone title isn't uninspired. If there's more to it, if there is a relevant context, it helps the title make more sense. Perhaps Lightning Bolt is the best title for whatever this album is.

I don't know. If MYM is the only turd on the album, and the rest is pure gold, I still won't be able to get over this horrible name.

Fine. I should have said, "It's not the best. But MYM and the cover help ME tremendously. I shouldn't have dragged y'all into it.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:13 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

How does A + B = C?

Context.

Fine. I should have said, "It's not the best. But MYM and the cover help ME tremendously. I shouldn't have dragged y'all into it.

I was with you on the Pythagorean Theorem, buddy. Super simple.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

How does A + B = C?

Context.

I was with you on the Pythagorean Theorem, buddy. Super simple.

:luv:

I'm so into everything Strat it's sickening. And I never want to get well.

Thu July 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Surely the vinyl will be available in indie record stores with FLAC/mp3 download codes, correct?

I'd much rather buy it in my neighborhood than order from 10c. Thoughts?
Post a reply