The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1350, 1351, 1352, 1353, 1354, 1355  Next

Favorite Lightning Bolt song
Getaway 32%  32%  [ 65 ]
Mind Your Manners 4%  4%  [ 9 ]
Sirens 30%  30%  [ 61 ]
Lightning Bolt 10%  10%  [ 21 ]
Swallowed Whole 9%  9%  [ 19 ]
Let the Records Play 5%  5%  [ 11 ]
Future Days 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Betterman (live) 8%  8%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 205
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Fri October 20, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 8134
Location: Mining for Tanners
durdencommatyler wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
BAD
Swallowed Whole


PHATJ wrote:
Garbage
Swallowed Whole


Thurman Murman wrote:
The Bad:
Swallowed Whole



When did people start turning on Swallowed Whole? I thought the consensus around here was that it was one of the better examples of latter-day PJ doing their soaring chorus thing. I love the 'Into The Wild' vibe of the song and the jangley REM-style guitar in the verses :nice:

The lyrics are decent by recent standards too, if only Ed could remember them - played 15 times and none of them even close to flub-free.

If it makes you feel any better, I've never liked it. It's been my least favorite song on the record since first listen. I've always been a vocal hater of the song.

But I think it's still mostly well liked by the majority.


It’s not new for me to dislike this song either. It’s been bottom of the barrel for me from the beginning.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Fri October 20, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57579
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I'm surprised to see that Getaway is RM's favorite song from this album.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Fri October 20, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3984
Location: Oslo, Norway
All the songs are not included. My favorite is Yellow Moon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 30084
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm surprised to see that Getaway is RM's favorite song from this album.

that was a poll of the songs we knew before the album dropped. should probably change it.. back

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2067
Is this the official thread for this album?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2067
This album has actually changed for me quite a bit, surprisingly. Is there a "remastered" version of this out there yet?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 3:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 8134
Location: Mining for Tanners
How has it changed?

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2067
PHATJ wrote:
How has it changed?


I'm gonna listen to it all the way through, and then I'll decide.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 32021
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Image

_________________
96583UP wrote:
you guessed it

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 5:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 3802
Location: Chile
I like Yellow Moon.
Future Days is probably the worst Pearl Jam song.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3984
Location: Oslo, Norway
Ltrp has very interesting music. A shame about the lyrics.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 10:31 am 
Online
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 14002
Location: Lft Craquepeau
The Harmless legacy stays.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 4865
Anders wrote:
Ltrp has very interesting music. A shame about the lyrics.


too bad about this track ... seems to be approached like a gimmick by the band ... figured when this came out that the end would be prime for a lengthy blues jam live ... instead they just don't do anything with it ... but it could be capable of so much more...

_________________
#FreeDev


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Wed October 25, 2017 4:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2067
Leatherhead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
How has it changed?


I'm gonna listen to it all the way through, and then I'll decide.


I didn't make it all the way through, I'll try again. One thing I know is that Getaway has really come along.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Wed October 25, 2017 12:36 pm 
Online
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2848
chewm wrote:
I like Yellow Moon.
Future Days is probably the worst Pearl Jam song.


I like YM too. It's atmospherics are good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 8134
Location: Mining for Tanners
Leatherhead wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
How has it changed?


I'm gonna listen to it all the way through, and then I'll decide.


I didn't make it all the way through, I'll try again. One thing I know is that Getaway has really come along.

I’m still interested in what you mean by it “changed”.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2067
PHATJ wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
How has it changed?


I'm gonna listen to it all the way through, and then I'll decide.


I didn't make it all the way through, I'll try again. One thing I know is that Getaway has really come along.

I’m still interested in what you mean by it “changed”.


I just mean that I like and dislike certain parts/songs more or less than I did a while back.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 8134
Location: Mining for Tanners
Leatherhead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
How has it changed?


I'm gonna listen to it all the way through, and then I'll decide.


I didn't make it all the way through, I'll try again. One thing I know is that Getaway has really come along.

I’m still interested in what you mean by it “changed”.


I just mean that I like and dislike certain parts/songs more or less than I did a while back.


So you like Getaway more, what else?

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1562
I was relistening to the new albuns of a few of my favorite bands.

LB was the only one I could not finish.
The mixing in this album is complete garbage, and almost all songs are unoriginal, uninspired and forgetable to horrible.

The only thing that's MAYBE listenable is Pendulum, Yellow Moon, Infalible and MAYBE Sirens. Everything else just pisses me off.

And people said that Backspacer was bad.

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How Harmless killed some time...
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 586
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
BAD
Swallowed Whole


PHATJ wrote:
Garbage
Swallowed Whole


Thurman Murman wrote:
The Bad:
Swallowed Whole



When did people start turning on Swallowed Whole? I thought the consensus around here was that it was one of the better examples of latter-day PJ doing their soaring chorus thing. I love the 'Into The Wild' vibe of the song and the jangley REM-style guitar in the verses :nice:

The lyrics are decent by recent standards too, if only Ed could remember them - played 15 times and none of them even close to flub-free.

If it makes you feel any better, I've never liked it. It's been my least favorite song on the record since first listen. I've always been a vocal hater of the song.

But I think it's still mostly well liked by the majority.


It’s not new for me to dislike this song either. It’s been bottom of the barrel for me from the beginning.




Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1350, 1351, 1352, 1353, 1354, 1355  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: emanon and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon January 22, 2018 10:18 pm